BETTER VISIBILITY, LET US ZOOM OUT FURTHER

There were issues with people cheesing bosses with super wide windowed resolutions at one point. So Even though I think they can easily make it happen, it has snowballing repercussions that they probably just do not want to deal with.
in torchlight infinite some bosses have kinda bullet hell phases. they generously zoom the player's camera out specifically before it begins and zooms back in when it ends.

ggg can afford to learn from them.

i cant see shit during maven memory game with lasers spinning. that said even if the visibility was better, fuck memory games.
[Removed by Support]
"
Echothesis wrote:
First, with top down view and flat terrain it's easier to estimate how many things can be within FOV simultaneously. You don't need fog, far-clip planes, design levels with limited spaces and other tricks of free 1st person view.

You are not answering on the question I asked.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Then there is less work on mesh/material LOD per 3D asset, you won't need to account how every monster will be seen far away, but still before far-clpping range.

So not using heavy LODs is some sort of optimization? I am confused. PoE is only using Mipmapping if we talk about "LOD" approach in this game.

Are we talking about time-optimization or performance-optimization?????? I am pretty sure it's second one.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
When you write your own engine from scratch, as GGG did (as opposed to dedicating your life to learning UE editor), every "time optimisation" is related to performance too, it is easier to get your noob code working efficiently.

Pretty sure I read an old post by Mr. Wilson about how they used advantages of fixed camera position (not going to dig for it now). Point was, allowing to zoom out more may have performance impact (beyond what increased objects to render warrants) because of it, maybe not, we cannot know how this particular engine operates.

If you've become interested in this topic, search those posts from the times GGG actually communicated with players.
"
Echothesis wrote:
When you write your own engine from scratch, as GGG did (as opposed to dedicating your life to learning UE editor), every "time optimisation" is related to performance too, it is easier to get your noob code working efficiently.

Pretty sure I read an old post by Mr. Wilson about how they used advantages of fixed camera position (not going to dig for it now). Point was, allowing to zoom out more may have performance impact (beyond what increased objects to render warrants) because of it, maybe not, we cannot know how this particular engine operates.

If you've become interested in this topic, search those posts from the times GGG actually communicated with players.

I don't care. I asked something, and you quote me and answering no idea what. Jesus
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Last edited by Dxt44 on Mar 8, 2024, 4:21:55 AM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

I don't care. I asked something, and you quote me and answering no idea what. Jesus

You didn't get the answer you wanted, but you asked the wrong person. If you want to learn how GGG can leverage a fixed camerage angle you can ask an actual engineer at GGG.

What Echothesis said isn't wrong though. Why so aggressive, mate?
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Yeah, you are right, I just always forget that's path of exile forum.
How is the zoom an issue on maven memory game, you only need to see the first tick, then the rest of them if its not right or left its top.

Maven memory game is stupid easy. If there were like 12 slices maybe, but there are 3.
The real reason we can't zoom out further is because it would ruin the super cool zoom out that happens when you approach Kitava in Act 5 and Act 10. It would no longer be special!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info