The trade system is so BROKEN!

"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:
Chris had a bad experience in Diablo 3, so he decided trade was bad.

Ironically, D3 AH and PoE trade are two sides of the same coin. Both have the undesired result that you have to obtain your upgrades not by playing the game but by playing the AH/trade site.

people in hcssf are beating uber pin bosses within a week of a league start.

"have to obtain"?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Ironically, D3 AH and PoE trade are two sides of the same coin. Both have the undesired result that you have to obtain your upgrades not by playing the game but by playing the AH/trade site.

"have to obtain"?

How many people?
Am i reading this first post right? You have to mouse over the item to accept the trade. Just because you cant be bothered to spend a few seconds looking at the item doesnt mean ggg is at fault.

This is the same issue people had in d2 with getting scammed out of enigmas when people swap in a light plate after they put enigma in trade window then close trade.

We need to quit designing stuff where its idiot proof and let people learn their lessons. If you get scammed like this its your own fault.
"
Soulcarver7 wrote:
The trade system as it is currently implemented allows for scams (as well as price fixing which is a topic for another post).

Scenario: someone lists item X on the trade site that is worth 50 divine. Other variations of this same item as worth as little as 1 chaos. You message the seller to buy. You meet up for the trade. They pull the bait and switch and you are duped out of your hard earned divines.

I will acknowledge that this is preventable if the buyer carefully looks over the item before accepting the trade. I fully acknowledge that. The problem with this is two fold. First, there is a culture of hurry, Hurry, HURRY! The people on the other side of the keyboard often act like when a trade is not instantaneous, they are being inconvenienced. Which sucks! Second, the simple fact that this type of activity is even possible is unacceptable.

These "items" being bought and sold in game are just digital data. Other games have a system that the item is pt up for sale, and when a person chooses to purchase, the EXACT item is transferred from the sellers account to the buyers account without any further interaction from the buyer or seller. No more time required to link up and no opportunity to switch the original item for a lesser item.

It's ridiculous that this is even a thing. If this game was in alpha or even beta stage of development, then ok...but this game has been out for a decade, and the issue has been going on that long. It's high time it gets fixed!

Agree, if the game was in Alpha or beta testing it could be understandable, but really not a lot of improvements to the trade overall... and I am still against an action house, but they got some nice feedback from some top streamers. Every top streamer is discontent and has some video about it, many propose some improvements, I guess they just listen to Zizaran who is okay with everything broken, maybe is just like a rats race and we are the rats...
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

"have to obtain"?

Those are real heroes, immortals.

We ask something for the mortals bro
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
Am i reading this first post right? You have to mouse over the item to accept the trade. Just because you cant be bothered to spend a few seconds looking at the item doesnt mean ggg is at fault.

This is the same issue people had in d2 with getting scammed out of enigmas when people swap in a light plate after they put enigma in trade window then close trade.

We need to quit designing stuff where its idiot proof and let people learn their lessons. If you get scammed like this its your own fault.

Getting scammed is not his fault, since scammers get unpunished. There was a tft punishment system, but since TFT fell in disgrace the things went wild.
A new player isn't to be blamed for the fact he got scammed. The ones to blame are the guys who designed this "rats race", and I will tell you that even old players are scammed constantly and there is no way to detter the ones who have bad intentions to do their hefty job, since GGG isn't taking action actively (at all...)
If you click the trade button, for an item you didn't intend to receive. Then that's your fault lol. I don't even know how this is being debated.

A scam that wouldn't be your fault would be the corpse explosion scam from d2 that allowed people to steal all your gear.

You have to mouse over the item. Its not gggs fault you couldn't be bothered to read.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
If you click the trade button, for an item you didn't intend to receive. Then that's your fault lol. I don't even know how this is being debated.

A scam that wouldn't be your fault would be the corpse explosion scam from d2 that allowed people to steal all your gear.

You have to mouse over the item. Its not gggs fault you couldn't be bothered to read.

Exactly....I can't understand how people say "its GGG's fault for fostering to GOGOGO nature of PoE that causes people not to look".

Uh...no its not? Just like its not GGG's "fault" for making you play an Heavy Blow juggernaut.

Trade = buyer and seller confirmation
GGG offers MULTIPLE layers of protection for both
There is no time limit apart from your own impatience
It is YOUR fault the second you press that green checkmark. GGG owes us nothing they haven't already done for our protection from scams.

I think I said it earlier in this thread (or a related one): it is LITERALLY, not figuratively, impossible to be scammed in this game without it being almost entirely your own fault.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 4, 2024, 1:44:49 PM
Question of blame and fault are kinda silly. Like a child pointing fingers.

If there is an easy way to change trade to improve the game and make the currently scamming impossible, like auto trades going through and moving the trade postings ingame so you arent alt-tabbing likes its 1995, the question is what are the arguments against that?
"
trixxar wrote:
Question of blame and fault are kinda silly. Like a child pointing fingers.

If there is an easy way to change trade to improve the game and make the currently scamming impossible, like auto trades going through and moving the trade postings ingame so you arent alt-tabbing likes its 1995, the question is what are the arguments against that?

First of all, "liability and fault" are literally what over 90% of civil court cases are about. As in, grown up stuff. So aside from this being an obvious ad absurdum logical fallacy, it's also complete nonsense.

Secondly, the current system of alt-tabbing out of the game has zero to do with whether trade is one-click buyout or not. I agree, the trade UI needs to be located inside of the game client, but you're conflating two entirely unrelated issues here.

Thirdly, the arguments against instant auto-trading have been listed over and over and over again - I encourage you to use the forum search function before pretending that nobody has ever raised concerns over the idea - but here are SOME of them:

1 - It would enable bots or organized groups of players to instantaneously corner the market on any semi-rare build enabling item and lead to abusive price gouging.
2 - It would be incredibly punishing to anyone capable of misclicking an item into the wrong stash tab or selecting the wrong currency from the drop down menu, which are both FAR easier mistakes to make than agreeing to a trade after visually verifying your purchase. If you've set up a gem affinity public tab, for instance, and you try to control-click an Enlighten into your dump tab... WHOOPSIE, it's gone a half second later because someone was running a live search. Better luck next time!
3 - It would drive the value of everything except BIS gear absolutely into the dirt, making 99.999% of items in the game worth even less than they already are and driving the value of said BIS items into the stratosphere, making them even less attainable for anyone who plays under 600 hours in a league.
4 - It lowers the figurative weight of the items.
5 - It would force players to sell items to people they don't want to interact with. Admittedly, this is only an actual problem when you're talking about ultra high level trading but most people would at least like the OPTION of not selling to a guy with 4 different racial slurs in their name.
6 - GGG doesn't want to and it's their game (trade manifesto, etc).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info