The trade system is so BROKEN!

ALL forms of trade systems are gonna have some form of price fixing. There's NO avoiding that.
Its literally impossible to scam someone in this game if they know how to use eyes.
Sadly, its rare skill these days.
i must admit i do fast mouse over items in trade and fast click accept an awful lot, and i do feel that pressure of knowing im potentially wasting someones time in the rush rush rush poe tradeleague fever.

ive never been scammed in 20k hours /played and dozens if not 100s of mirrors worth of currency changing hands in that time. but i do admit 90% of my trades theres little more than a vague glance at the item as i mouse over it.
And thats why its so easy to scam people in PoE. They dont even check items, because god forbid you "waste" 5 seconds more while trading.
I don't think there will be any big changes to POE 1's trade system. If there are any big changes it will happen in POE 2.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Don't worry, PoE 2 will fix it.
I wouldn't go so far to say they didn't want it, they knew it was a necessary evil to have a successful game. If you want to make money, you have to appeal to people that like to spend it. Those that participate in trading are more open to opening their wallets. It's the understanding that those that pay for one thing will pay for another.

But Chris has been quoted saying that SSF is the ideal game mode. It would take me forever to find the interview where he said it but I remember it vividly. If trading is irritating, I suggest trying SSF. It's a different type of freedom.

Items drop and if it's not a build you're playing you simply just don't care.
Sure items are harder to get but the feeling of getting the item is so much better. It's not for everyone, especially if you're limited on time. The game does feel so fun this way though. I can see why Chris would suggest it himself.
"
I wouldn't go so far to say they didn't want it, they knew it was a necessary evil to have a successful game. If you want to make money, you have to appeal to people that like to spend it. Those that participate in trading are more open to opening their wallets. It's the understanding that those that pay for one thing will pay for another.

But Chris has been quoted saying that SSF is the ideal game mode. It would take me forever to find the interview where he said it but I remember it vividly. If trading is irritating, I suggest trying SSF. It's a different type of freedom.

Items drop and if it's not a build you're playing you simply just don't care.
Sure items are harder to get but the feeling of getting the item is so much better. It's not for everyone, especially if you're limited on time. The game does feel so fun this way though. I can see why Chris would suggest it himself.

Then they go and make things like forbidden flesh and flame, which seems like absolute nightmares for ssf.
Chris had a bad experience in Diablo 3, so he decided trade was bad.

However, they lack the will to decide to make the game functional without trade, so they settled on the worst possible option.

Build the game around trade, but then make it terrible intentionally.

Designed to frustrate, designed to feel bad and waste your time. Designed to feel like filing taxes.

Vote with your dollars, its all that matters really.
"
trixxar wrote:
Chris had a bad experience in Diablo 3, so he decided trade was bad.

Ironically, D3 AH and PoE trade are two sides of the same coin. Both have the undesired result that you have to obtain your upgrades not by playing the game but by playing the AH/trade site.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info