MTX scaling requirement

What do you expect when you buy something that explicitly states it scales its fx with Spell Damage?

Thats like going to the store, buying some bananas, and then complaining when you get home that you expected them to be apples.

You already received exactly what you paid for, exactly as it was advertised and described.

Why should they remove the very effect that they were selling in the first place? Changing it in any way after purchase would be a big old middle finger to everyone who actually purchased it....knowing WHAT they purchased.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 1, 2024, 6:55:51 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
What do you expect when you buy something that explicitly states it scales its fx with Spell Damage?

Thats like going to the store, buying some bananas, and then complaining when you get home that you expected them to be apples.

You already received exactly what you paid for, exactly as it was advertised and described.

Why should they remove the very effect that they were selling in the first place? Changing it in any way after purchase would be a big old middle finger to everyone who actually purchased it....knowing WHAT they purchased.

You should learn to be less rude about your response especially when you're wrong lol. I never purchased the cosmetic, I was merely saying that if the scaling didn't exist on specific items they would make alot more sales with the items, because I really liked the sorcerer wand cosmetic at full tier but using a minion build I would never be able to use it, which is silly because it's a wand class.
If you don't like the scaling requirements, maybe you should buy other mtx instead?
"
unknownforces wrote:

You should learn to be less rude about your response especially when you're wrong lol. I never purchased the cosmetic, I was merely saying that if the scaling didn't exist on specific items they would make alot more sales with the items, because I really liked the sorcerer wand cosmetic at full tier but using a minion build I would never be able to use it, which is silly because it's a wand class.

i would prefer if people were less rude in this forum. that said, he's rude because what you suggested is actively devaluing something other people values as i have mentioned a few times before.

its that simple. you're just a random forumer and you already got some harsh response. now imagine ggg actually did make a "no requirement mtx version". its very likely many people who bought the old mtx sent an email to ggg cussing them and asking them for a refund because now their semi exclusive mtx is no longer "exclusive".

ggg already has garnered enough bad will with players not trusting them. they dont care about standard and they casually kept quiet on their direction for POE2 which was very different from what they originally promised 4 years ago.

ggg really doesnt need more reason for players to dislike them.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Mar 3, 2024, 10:21:24 AM
"
exsea wrote:
"
unknownforces wrote:

i would prefer if people were less rude in this forum. that said, he's rude because what you suggested is actively devaluing something other people values as i have mentioned a few times before.

its that simple. you're just a random forumer and you already got some harsh response. now imagine ggg actually did make a "no requirement mtx version". its very likely many people who bought the old mtx sent an email to ggg cussing them and asking them for a refund because now their semi exclusive mtx is no longer "exclusive".

ggg already has garnered enough bad will with players not trusting them. they dont care about standard and they casually kept quiet on their direction for POE2 which was very different from what they originally promised 4 years ago.

ggg really doesnt need more reason for players to dislike them.

They get hate from the player base all the time, it's definitely not a factor whether they do something or not unless the change is truly bad for the game, also every video regarding these cosmetics literally has "GGG should allow us to use any tier on the equipment this sucks" "GGG should of put this effect in it's own slot instead of being tied to a certain piece of equipment" if anything this change is BETTER for the community.

This is the only game i've seen that has this kind of cosmetic system that has a downside to purchasing a cosmetic, it's backwards

"
6_din_49 wrote:
If you don't like the scaling requirements, maybe you should buy other mtx instead?

I did do this, but it's still disheartening for me
Last edited by unknownforces on Mar 3, 2024, 9:04:17 PM
"
unknownforces wrote:

They get hate from the player base all the time, it's definitely not a factor whether they do something or not unless the change is truly bad for the game, also every video regarding these cosmetics literally has "GGG should allow us to use any tier on the equipment this sucks" "GGG should of put this effect in it's own slot instead of being tied to a certain piece of equipment" if anything this change is BETTER for the community.

This is the only game i've seen that has this kind of cosmetic system that has a downside to purchasing a cosmetic, it's backwards

what downside? those cosmetics were tailor made to cater to certain demographic of players

you are clearly not part of that demographic. this is purely intentional.

the more you push for it the more it seems like whining to be honest.

the fact you even bumped your topic, kinda shows a lot of desperation. have a little dignity.

GGG does moderate the forums. their staff DO read the topics posted. just be patient. if one day they do follow your suggestion, good for you. i m just telling you, its very unlikely and dont keep your hopes up.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
unknownforces wrote:

what downside? those cosmetics were tailor made to cater to certain demographic of players

you are clearly not part of that demographic. this is purely intentional.

the more you push for it the more it seems like whining to be honest.

the fact you even bumped your topic, kinda shows a lot of desperation. have a little dignity.

GGG does moderate the forums. their staff DO read the topics posted. just be patient. if one day they do follow your suggestion, good for you. i m just telling you, its very unlikely and dont keep your hopes up.

I bumped it to get more opinions other then yours but seems like the forums is quite dead lol, my other 2 thread posts got buried quickly with no responses at all so

The fact it's "catered to a certain demographic" means it has a downside for the majority of the playerbase

Call it whatever you want, if you want to see any suggestions made on forums as whining because you don't agree with it then that's on you not me, I can see you're against the idea, I got that in the first post so I don't get why you keep replying and being negative, just let the post get other opinions mate
"
unknownforces wrote:

I bumped it to get more opinions other then yours but seems like the forums is quite dead lol, my other 2 thread posts got buried quickly with no responses at all so

The fact it's "catered to a certain demographic" means it has a downside for the majority of the playerbase

Call it whatever you want, if you want to see any suggestions made on forums as whining because you don't agree with it then that's on you not me, I can see you're against the idea, I got that in the first post so I don't get why you keep replying and being negative, just let the post get other opinions mate

the thing about this forum is usually the people who read thru this forum and comment on them are typically people who are probably chilling at work. bumping your topic just a mere few days probably wont gain too many new responses, and in many cases, people simply dont care.

if you think this forum is dead. you're dead wrong. it really depends on the topic. on certain topics sometimes it seems people are so personal, attacking each other even. i myself have gotten some of my posts censored coz i get too personal too. lol.

i would say its more logical to believe that most people dont care for your suggestion because it's simply illogical to even ask for.

to put it as an analogy. if i pay for an entrance fee for a marathon, i would be awarded a medal if i completed the marathon. what you're asking for is the medal without completing the marathon. its like paying for the marathon, getting the free shirt but is not happy that you're not given a medal. "we all paid the full amount".

there are other medals out there for direct purchase but you want this particular medal.

also you bring up the argument of "its a downside for the majority of the playerbase". for sure some things are better if everyone has access to it. but to say anything that everyone doesnt have access to is bad is simply wrong.

the easiest example is league challenges. do you think GGG made the 40 challenges easily accessible for all players?

nope. they made it challenging. you technically could buy a lot of carries, but ultimately some of the challenges forced players to grind it out and put in the work.

does having a 40/40 challenge pole give a player anything? NOPE zero. at most we get a nice cosmetic and whatever challenge mtx rewards. from these rewards we get BRAGGING rights.

you yourself are at 38/40. i bet it you felt some sort of satisfaction hitting 38, unlocking the purple cosmetic.

this is the satisfaction of exclusivity.

some luxury brands even destroy their excess goods rather than sell them at discount to maintain their exclusivity.

one reason to why i say your post seems whiny is because i m telling you from A to Z the reasons why GGG won't do what you're suggesting, and you stubbornly keep trying to push for it.

and to top it all off, its quite selfish of you. i already did mention that by removing the exclusivity, you will take a way a huge amount of happiness from people who bought the mtx with the entire purpose of using it on a build that hits the thresholds.

you keep talking about the "majority of players", yet i barely see any support. no ones +1 ing your post. your post has over 300 views. which to be honest is a lot considering the active forum users are actually not that many people.

you're really not arguing for the sake of others but rather for the sake of yourself.

despite me mentioning the players that already bought those mtx's, you have not once said a thing to placate them.

i m all up for listening to suggestions, but if you're suggesting something that can take away joy from another player unfairly, i think thats simply no good. heck you could have even suggested "can we have an alternate version of the highest tier but sold as a separate mtx without any tier requirements". you did not.

i post on this forums a huge lot from time to time. many of my unpopular posts get buried from time to time, but some garner a lot of response.

believe me, with only me and a few others responding, i can tell you its logical to assume most of the forummers simply dont care for your suggestion.

heck i should spend less time with you on this.

good luck with your suggestion. i have said all my cents i have on the opinion.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
unknownforces wrote:

the thing about this forum is usually the people who read thru this forum and comment on them are typically people who are probably chilling at work. bumping your topic just a mere few days probably wont gain too many new responses, and in many cases, people simply dont care.

if you think this forum is dead. you're dead wrong. it really depends on the topic. on certain topics sometimes it seems people are so personal, attacking each other even. i myself have gotten some of my posts censored coz i get too personal too. lol.

i would say its more logical to believe that most people dont care for your suggestion because it's simply illogical to even ask for.

to put it as an analogy. if i pay for an entrance fee for a marathon, i would be awarded a medal if i completed the marathon. what you're asking for is the medal without completing the marathon. its like paying for the marathon, getting the free shirt but is not happy that you're not given a medal. "we all paid the full amount".

there are other medals out there for direct purchase but you want this particular medal.

also you bring up the argument of "its a downside for the majority of the playerbase". for sure some things are better if everyone has access to it. but to say anything that everyone doesnt have access to is bad is simply wrong.

the easiest example is league challenges. do you think GGG made the 40 challenges easily accessible for all players?

nope. they made it challenging. you technically could buy a lot of carries, but ultimately some of the challenges forced players to grind it out and put in the work.

does having a 40/40 challenge pole give a player anything? NOPE zero. at most we get a nice cosmetic and whatever challenge mtx rewards. from these rewards we get BRAGGING rights.

you yourself are at 38/40. i bet it you felt some sort of satisfaction hitting 38, unlocking the purple cosmetic.

this is the satisfaction of exclusivity.

some luxury brands even destroy their excess goods rather than sell them at discount to maintain their exclusivity.

one reason to why i say your post seems whiny is because i m telling you from A to Z the reasons why GGG won't do what you're suggesting, and you stubbornly keep trying to push for it.

and to top it all off, its quite selfish of you. i already did mention that by removing the exclusivity, you will take a way a huge amount of happiness from people who bought the mtx with the entire purpose of using it on a build that hits the thresholds.

you keep talking about the "majority of players", yet i barely see any support. no ones +1 ing your post. your post has over 300 views. which to be honest is a lot considering the active forum users are actually not that many people.

you're really not arguing for the sake of others but rather for the sake of yourself.

despite me mentioning the players that already bought those mtx's, you have not once said a thing to placate them.

i m all up for listening to suggestions, but if you're suggesting something that can take away joy from another player unfairly, i think thats simply no good. heck you could have even suggested "can we have an alternate version of the highest tier but sold as a separate mtx without any tier requirements". you did not.

i post on this forums a huge lot from time to time. many of my unpopular posts get buried from time to time, but some garner a lot of response.

believe me, with only me and a few others responding, i can tell you its logical to assume most of the forummers simply dont care for your suggestion.

heck i should spend less time with you on this.

good luck with your suggestion. i have said all my cents i have on the opinion.

Well I noticed select people bumping their own threads to get more replies so I did the same, the thread seems to get buried fast because of this so it seemed logical thing to do in my opinion, granted I don't care too much about this topic to do it daily for months but I just wanted to see more of other peoples opinions as I couldn't see anyone talking about this topic besides on the cosmetic videos themselves

The exclusivity comes with the price of the item of the cosmetic and the rarity in obtaining that item, not that someone has a scaled requirement from solely using 1 build in my opinion, if my opinion was wrong and illogical then why would the cosmetic videos be blasted with the same comments? I understand that you don't see my point of view, the same way I don't see your point of view in having them be exclusivity, as you said at the beginning we're clearly not gonna reach a middle ground with going back and forth

Regarding the challenge achievements, I actually did them because it gave me a goal to do during the league, but I think it's cool that it's a rare item you achieve for completing the challenges, however I disagree that the health effect is tied to the hat, do you call this exclusivity aswell to make the hat rarer? should this be untouched? because I saw a topic on the forums asking for this to be changed aswell, is that illogical to ask for them to do because it might bring hate for the people that farmed it?

You're giving me your reasons from A to Z, why should I take your word for gospel and leave the thread there? am I not allowed to get other peoples opinions? lol the forums are here to discuss, even if someone pushes for a change that you disagree with it's no reason to attack them for it, something will only be changed/implemented if enough people agree and the developer sees it's worth it to make that change

Selling the same mtx but as the highest tier would remove the "exclusivity" you're talking about aswell.

You should stop grasping at straws and assuming you know how other forumers think and how GGG thinks, if you disagree with something sure give your opinion and leave it at that, but you don't need to attack someone because of it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info