MTX scaling requirement

I've only started playing since a month and a bit ago, but I assume this topic has probably been brought up a lot in the past but has GGG said anything about removing the MTX scaling requirement or not? I find it super disheartening to spend $40+ AUD for cosmetics and they only work for very limited builds, it would be so much nicer to be able to use any of the tiers you want.. like I wanted to buy the wand MTX on sale but it only scales with spell damage and i'm playing a minion build..
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2024, 3:09:44 AM
you might not like to hear this but, thats the entire point of the scaling.

some players derive enjoyment reaching the scaling requirements and getting "max effects".

in a way its a pay 2 win badge of honour. you need to pay for it AND work for it.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
you might not like to hear this but, thats the entire point of the scaling.

some players derive enjoyment reaching the scaling requirements and getting "max effects".

in a way its a pay 2 win badge of honour. you need to pay for it AND work for it.

I could understand this if it was something in game that scaled and gave max effects but this is something you need to purchase for $30-50 AUD so it doesn't make sense to have the player "work" for it with a limited build, sure there might be *some* players that enjoy it but I would guarantee it's a small minority as opposed to the players that would prefer to be able to choose their tier willingly.

Furthermore, they would sell alot more cosmetics and make more money having it this way so it doesn't make sense from a business perspective imo
whatever i say does not make either of us any less right.

both points are valid. definitely there are players who just want the cosmetics at 100% effectiveness with no strings attached while some players would prefer to gate keep the effect "you cant hit it so you cant look as awesome as me".

GGG has already taken a stance on the matter.

i cant think of any compromise that would make both sides happy.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:

both points are valid. definitely there are players who just want the cosmetics at 100% effectiveness with no strings attached while some players would prefer to gate keep the effect "you cant hit it so you cant look as awesome as me".

What have they said regarding this? I've tried to do a bit of searching but haven't really found anything said about the matter
"
unknownforces wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

What have they said regarding this? I've tried to do a bit of searching but haven't really found anything said about the matter

they havent said anything officially, but their actions on not giving players a "non earned" option can imply the side they've taken.

as i mentioned. if they did give players this option, the ones that bought the mtx for bragging rights would not be happy.

since nothing was done, it is implied GGG is happy keeping these players happy.

if GGG actually went thru and provided you the solution you wanted i m pretty sure the existing players who bought the mtx for the purpose of flexing would complain and i believe GGG doesnt want to deal with that.
[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
unknownforces wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

they havent said anything officially, but their actions on not giving players a "non earned" option can imply the side they've taken.

as i mentioned. if they did give players this option, the ones that bought the mtx for bragging rights would not be happy.

since nothing was done, it is implied GGG is happy keeping these players happy.

if GGG actually went thru and provided you the solution you wanted i m pretty sure the existing players who bought the mtx for the purpose of flexing would complain and i believe GGG doesnt want to deal with that.

Well I hope that's not the case, I don't believe there's really anything to brag or flex about that you followed a build and reached the respective requirements.. and it would be quite upsetting if GGG won't make such a change purely because a few players who like this would be upset about it

I do think it's cool that cosmetics work in certain circumstances, but I think when it affects the actual look of the cosmetic then it ruins it

There isn't a solution that would be good for both parties but I believe the current system holds the game back and making such a change would be overall better for the game and cosmetic system
Last edited by unknownforces on Feb 29, 2024, 1:32:16 AM
"
unknownforces wrote:

Well I hope that's not the case, I don't believe there's really anything to brag or flex about that you followed a build and reached the respective requirements.. and it would be quite upsetting if GGG won't make such a change purely because a few players who like this would be upset about it

I do think it's cool that cosmetics work in certain circumstances, but I think when it affects the actual look of the cosmetic then it ruins it

There isn't a solution that would be good for both parties but I believe the current system holds the game back and making such a change would be overall better for the game and cosmetic system

well as random forumers we can just wait and see. all i can say is, its logical to assume you wont be getting what you want anytime soon.
[Removed by Support]
bump
Some of the new MTX methods are finite.

I imagine players will get bored with 10 different rare finishers or ring/amulet effects if they haven't already. Armor effects that only work for that Chest slot also have some sigma behind them.

They are already starting to move back towards the older method which was superior.

If I recall the first Mystery Box with this new method had no armor sets, the next had one and now we have two. IMO some of their best Mystery Boxes ever were old methods.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info