GGG. I bet you Affliction has the highest player retention since 3.10,3.11 and maybe 3.17

The inflation and the way its making people act in trade is quite un-fun.

A lot of scummy behavior this league with more price fixing than i've seen in a while and people demanding more than their listed price.

never been more of a need for direct-trade, it doesn't matter how much juice you give us GGG if we can't buy anything with all the sparkles.

Thanks for adding that nameless seer though GGG a lot of people got lucky this league that would have not otherwise! (not me but whatever rng)
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Jan 24, 2024, 1:37:28 PM
"
MaxW81 wrote:
I hope GGG gets the memo: Finding stuff is FUN!
Sure there are some problems in the wildwood like the need to backtrack which is just a time waster you have to do if you want to maximize your whips. But overall it is a very fun mechanic and I have a blast.

I am not entering the wildwood at all and I am having a blast too.

- new spectres are fantastic and give basic summoner builds a viability they've never had before, for the first time I am able to play league content even in T16 maps without it becoming too slow or too dangerous

- I was able to buy 2 great ventor's gambles due to their historically low prices, so I'm finding more loot than ever despite not participating in the league mechanic

- rich people buy my stuff for much more currency than in other leagues, so I have more purchasing power despite not participating in the league mechanic (I sold many 4-5 div temples for example)

- the rucksack is the best thing that has happened to this game in a long time, having to make much fewer portals has increased my enjoyment of the game a lot
that's definitely an opinion, personally this is one of the most boring leagues I've played.
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
As per the title, I bet you GGG that 3.23 (Affliction) has had (and continues to have) the highest player retention since 3.10 (Delirium),3.11 (Harvest), and maybe (due to the wow of the atlas passive tree) also 3.17 (Archnemesis).
Whilst I fully understand you will likely never release player retention numbers (except adjacent values as the number of wildwoods entered, number of the king of the mists killed, etc) and that retention certainly does not equal MTX spend, I certainly hope you can see that retention does increase the potential for MTX spend.

So, why bring this up?
Simple fact, those leagues were fun and rewarding (not just popular with the streamers who are your free advertising policy (please feel free to correct me on this if I am wrong, but I have never seen PoE promoted on PC, Xbox, or PS in 6 years. On Xbox if you search for free RPG, Action RPG, Dungeon Crawler, or any PoE descriptor it doesn't even rank first page).
I would hence argue that fun and reward equates to retention which in turn equates to potential increased revenue from MTX spend.

To finish, 3.23 (Affliction) has been the most fun I have had in 3 and a half years and more than likely 6 and a half years (when I started playing in earnest)

Best wishes, and hope we don't see more of those (player base gone in 2 weeks) poverty leagues again.
Looking forward to PoE2
TimboZero

Edit - Congratulations on what feels like the least patched league in years. Despite continuing memory hole and server issues on console this league has excelled on that front.

No need to speculate; https://poedb.tw/us/League#ConcurrentPlayers
IGN: RFMeis
I had a 'quit moment' in late december / early january when this affliction MF bullshit took traction but the rest of the game didn't caught the wind yet, so I felt kinda forced to make a fulcrum chieftain to participate in this lootfest, otherwise i felt like i'm wasting my time doing other content for 20% of div per hour provided by MF affliction.

Later in the league it stabilized, stuff coming from other league content experienced a price hike so the div per hour got closer to MF affliction. Right now it's fine to just ignore the forest and run Harvest + Expedition with grand design, farming juice and logbooks. 1,000 yellow juice is a divine, scythe logbook is also a divine. Same with essence bossrushing, heist contract farming yada yada, you can do whatever you want which is why POE is such a great game.

If I hate expedition and it happens to have loot yield of 100 per hour then I can do blight which has yield of 85 per hour. It's fine, I take that "hit" in favor of avoiding league mechanic I hate to do. But when MF affliction has yield of 100 per hour and anything else has yield of 20 per hour - we have a major problem. And there was a time like this about 3-4 weeks into league launch.
"
Esubane wrote:

If I hate expedition and it happens to have loot yield of 100 per hour then I can do blight which has yield of 85 per hour. It's fine, I take that "hit" in favor of avoiding league mechanic I hate to do. But when MF affliction has yield of 100 per hour and anything else has yield of 20 per hour - we have a major problem. And there was a time like this about 3-4 weeks into league launch.

Completely agree, Affliction is ‘broken’ in terms of how much MF it gives and cannot go core at all.
That’s said it does show how that the fun’finding good stuff’ player gets is good for rentention.This is a good thing.
The lesson is don’t make leagues, at least not regularly, this profitable nor ones that are so called ‘poverty’ leagues, find a middle ground.

Also, here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3494810
I have started a thread on if the non MF parts of Affliction could go core, so different ‘question’ but similar ‘fun is fun’ deal.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Mar 5, 2024, 7:49:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info