Freezing/Not Responding in Town, Unsure Why

Having the same problem, randomly freezes in town and have to re-load.
same here
For me it's its apparitions all the other crap what people can spawn in towns/hideouts. From Lycia alone my screan goes to pixels, even in hideout.
Same problem here. I think it's memory leaks caused by MTX, but what the hell do I know?
"
Same problem here. I think it's memory leaks caused by MTX, but what the hell do I know?

Enough to complain! Which, really, how else is GGG gonna know something's broken?
Just wanted to add my name on the list of someone this is happening to.

If I stand around too long in town, my game will just lock up and resort to "Not Responding". I have to force-quit.

This doesn't happen in my hideout, or while out and about playing the game.

It didn't happen to me at all last league. (Granted I started playing the last league at the beginning of March. So, there might not have been as much player-related screen clutter.)

Now it's happened easily 10+ times since this league start.
Last edited by Blarggle on Apr 1, 2024, 12:20:35 AM
Just want to add another voice to this as it's happening to me too. Pretty frequently.

Twice it has crashed loading into zones whereas it will just freeze in town. Not sure if they're related or separate issues
Exactly the same for me. It's only in town, not in hideout or other instances. But for me I'm unable to tab out and close the game through task manager.

For me this points towards some MTX. I also saw a bug report (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3500605) where a kiracs vault item appearently crashes you when trying to load into an instance with blood magic allocated, of which the first will always be a town. This might be the/one MTX causing crashes for others.
Last edited by kju07 on Apr 1, 2024, 1:04:39 PM
Same here:
It doesn't happen everytime I go to town.
If it happens, ther4e is always some of the recent MTX active (Lycea, Exarch and Eater duking it out, Kalguraan blacksmith etc.)

This *never* happened to me before.
However, I didn't play in Affliction.
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
It's happening to me and multiple buddies. Even in harbor. So it's a congested are problem IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info