Computer Specs:
- CPU, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
- GPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
- RAM, 32.0 GB

Game Settings:
- Renderer, DirectX11
- Triple Buffering, Disabled
- Multithreading, Enabled
(Any other settings which are requested, I'd be happy to offer. Save for the overall resolution (1920x1080), I try and keep the other graphics as low as possible for smoother gameplay purposes.)

-------

I have experienced repeated freezing of Path of Exile, always when I am in town. I cannot specifically state why, as it happens seemingly randomly (sometimes my character will be standing still, sometimes I'll be in town selling stuff, game crashes). I've flipped Dynamic Resolution on and off to see if it helped, but the game freezes and doesn't respond regardless.

My original hypothesis was that the overabundance of mtx's cluttered/going off was the cause, which I thought Dynamic Resolution would have fixed. Seeing as the game froze anyways, I think it's something else.

I'm going to keep a counter of how many times I've recently experienced this.

Edit (4/1/2024): I'm also going to start keeping a date log of how often these happen.

Freezes/Not Responding: 10
9- 4/1/2024
10- 4/2/2024
Last edited by TechnOkami on Apr 3, 2024, 12:54:58 AM
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2024, 7:49:07 AM
crash to desktop or not responding? I have problem in this league (3days playing) with not responding and I have to exit poe via task manager.

Same problem with vendors/stash
"
eczko wrote:
crash to desktop or not responding? I have problem in this league (3days playing) with not responding and I have to exit poe via task manager.

Same problem with vendors/stash

Not responding, specifically. I end up clicking, closing, and re-opening the program.

Hm. I'll edit my post to reflect that better.
=___=

The issue has persisted and haunted my PC even into Necropolis.

Edit: Frankly, I'm considering recording my gameplay just to capture when this happens, if that can tell me anything meaningful.

It is amusing to feel more threatened by the town area where players are because it causes my game to crash, more than the areas with actual monsters in it that will kill my character. I also never thought I'd be an advocate for appearing in your hideout on login either, and yet.
Last edited by TechnOkami on Mar 31, 2024, 5:00:15 AM
Same here, did play last time december 23 and had zero problems in town, now the game freezes and has to be force shut down nearly everytime when i go to vendor stuff. Very annoying.
Haven't really played PoE since D4 launch but decided to come back. Being in any town; screen becomes blurred and game freezes. Task manager showing game client Not Responding. Has been occurring since league start. Is this just due to league start or has this been an on going issue?
Ryzen 9 5900x
Nvidia RTX 3070ti
32gb Ram
Samsung EVO SSD
I have same problem since league start. This phenomenon occurred 10 times over the course of 2 days.
Please let me know if you need any information to address the issue; I will provide it.

CPU: i5-10400 2.9GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super
RAM: 24GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K 3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 9040

The same problem. Playing time since league start 14 hours. 15 hour login waiting time. Mainly when entering cities. In between, you can level normally within 2 to 3 instances. When you return to the city, the crash occurs.

But I now feel that the players who can play without problems are enough for GGG not to have to react to the existing problems.
Same problem here... Random crashes in town when clicking on something or someone. Most recent was in Highgate clicking on Irasha for quest.

6 crashes since League 3.24 launch
PC spec:
- i5-12600KF - 3.70 GHz
- 32.0GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 with the latest drivers installed
Laughs.

I logged into town, Dynamic Culling already working overtime. Clicked forward, moved three feet, game freezes. Gotta re-open PoE again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info