Transfigured gems have near zero usability versus alternate gems from Heist

my take on them is that these are quite binary - good or trash, best pick or never pick

i case of some skills - it makes sense. Lacerate could be made in several ways: bleed, corrupting blood hybrid, impale or even voidforge

GGG noticed and made variants tailor made for these very scenarios. if you want Lacerate bleed there is 0 reason to NOT use Lacerate of Haemorrhage because for this particular scenario it just blows regular pick out of the water

Buthering is similar but for a playstyle - people memed this skill, but i bet they have never actually played it for its strength (the AOE is.. screen wide, like entire screen wide)

these are the good outcomes

sadly, there are cases when the 'alternative' version is just 'trying too hard' (spectral throw of not doing a thing for half of the time) or the use case scenario is just weird (Ice Trap of Donut) resulting in degenerative gameplay

im sure that there are scenarios for alt Lightning Arrow to shine - the concept seems fine on paper. but Volcanic Fissure is just lame version of VF of Snaking, no reason to use basic version. Earthshatter - similar stuff, the one prong version is just.. bad? tried to make it work (regardless of numbers, just gameplay) and.. i just dont get it. my fav minion skill - animate weapon: why would ANYONE use regular when Ranged Arms are just.. better in EVERY way possible? picking Ranged Arms frees resources otherwise wasted for: minion speed, minion durabiliy and aggression. you not only get great ranged damage but you can save like 20% of your entire build's budget.

so.. yeah, some skills turned out ok (Lacerate i think is great set of 3 different but reasonable picks) some are just bad

what i miss are quals from alt supports. these actually fixed some builds (elemental leech for marauders via alt EDWA)
I do not use one single transfigured gem.

the 8 conventional primary gems I use are ideal for my build.

alternate gems gave me like 4 or 5 choices how to use my build.
transfigured? 1 choice.

I could do another build but.... why dont you do it?
I'm busy.
bump
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
bump

Why?
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
bump

Why?

What do you mean "why?" ? Did you not read what I wrote or what's the problem? Or are you here stalking my and other people's posts as usual telling people how your opinion is superior? Transfigured gems are inferior in every way, period. I explained how in extensive detail, if you don't like what I have to say about the reality of the situation then why are you interacting with my post in the first place?

There is no way around it either and no amount of coping with the current situation is going to make the situation go away. You would have to deliberately deceive yourself to believe otherwise. Transfigured gems are less meaningful compared to Heist Alternate gems, have fewer alternate interactions, have fewer varieties, AND don't cover ALL of the gems as opposed to the Heist gems that did. Not even mentioning severe DPS decrease across the board for all builds comparatively. POB numbers don't lie either. What part of this prompted you to ask why? Because from what I read in your antagonizing replies, I did not hear a single argument from your end that refutes anything of what I said. Most of your posts & responses are just in favor of whatever devs have to say anyway so not only is there no valid argument from your end, but it's just bias. Also, if your opinion is correct, why are other people commenting on here stating how they also dislike transfigured gems?

I'll bump my post every day 💯

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
bump

bump

bump

Them basically treating transfigured gems like a kind of shift in gameplay paradigm gems, and then only introducing a handful; tells me it was someone's mind baby fad.

This season only had a few, and the entire list isn't fleshed out. Not only that, but the base stats given from some of the heist gems aren't even present, which actually damages a bunch of lesser used and niche builds.

Why? I don't know. They seem to be playing with gameplay mechanics like toys. After a while they get bored of them and then just leave them alone, nerf them, or just completely patch them out, instead of actually progressing those mechanics into something substantially differentiating.
Last edited by funplayer on Jun 20, 2024, 12:12:58 PM
I think that conceptually the transfigured system is much better, and for the most part the execution is well done in my opinion, the only problem is that they just don't have nearly as many, like you've touched on.

They obviously also used the opportunity to take out a few different quality effects that they just didn't want in the game, for whatever reasons, but then they just left a ton of skills in the corner. Like I get that they couldn't and probably shouldn't have even tried to release all* that there was going to be in one pass; obviously they need to release them in batches. But the first batch wasn't actually even that big. Every skill should have gotten at least 1 transfigured version in that first release of transfigured gems. But there are still at least half the skills that don't have one. And they're not releasing enough of them each patch I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info