Constant Crash to Desktop

"
Wierdy wrote:
I also had crashes all the time in the main menu.

But for some reason after closing Discord entirely I've had none crashes at all for hours.
I guess it is an overlay issue of some sort.

So some of you guys might be lucky that it will work for you too.

Disabling the Discord Overlay itself worked for me in Discord>User Settings>Activity Settings>Game Overlay. Hope it fixes the issue for you too.
Edit:Nvm I still crashed but lasted far longer than before.
Last edited by FredrickBobBobMartain on Dec 15, 2023, 5:30:17 AM
"
"
Wierdy wrote:
I also had crashes all the time in the main menu.

But for some reason after closing Discord entirely I've had none crashes at all for hours.
I guess it is an overlay issue of some sort.

So some of you guys might be lucky that it will work for you too.

Disabling the Discord Overlay itself worked for me in Discord>User Settings>Activity Settings>Game Overlay. Hope it fixes the issue for you too.
Edit:Nvm I still crashed but lasted far longer than before.

GGG where are you? It's been 6 days and 9 pages worth of people saying they have the issue. Can you please have an intern at least state you are looking into it?
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
3.23, until now some few crush all around, but today i tryed a grand heist ---> game over,
wing 1 crash on the way to exit
wing 2 during the exploration crash on a specific point of the map, and again and again no way to go forward
wing 3 2 crash on exploration and crash on exit
wing 4 4 crash on exploration and crash on exit

sadly no loot
grand heist is unplayable for me i hope ggg will fix this as soon is possible

pc
5800x3d
rtx 3080
16gb ram
nvme
fttc

It is absolutely ridiculous that there is ZERO response to this, garbage support.
Just sharing that I have had the exact issue of crashing to desktop after 5-10 mins of gameplay.

It seems I have gone my longest without a crash by switching to DX12 (beta), previously using Vulkan.

Tried everything else as well, reinstall, verify, ect. This SEEMS to work so far for me.
Just have to stop playing. I cant do my own heists or some maps. GGG help.
Always playing my own builds. Don't be Meta.
"
JayDvulpe wrote:
Just sharing that I have had the exact issue of crashing to desktop after 5-10 mins of gameplay.

It seems I have gone my longest without a crash by switching to DX12 (beta), previously using Vulkan.

Tried everything else as well, reinstall, verify, ect. This SEEMS to work so far for me.

What is DX beta 12 look like in config ini? I literally cannot change my graphics options by booting up POE. Once I even select dx12 beta (before hitting save) it crashes POE.
I will just try adding it to config ini but IDK what to put
Crashing constantly if I'm in a town or grouped. Can't even do anything other than solo play without crashing.
I've also been crashing pretty consistently since league launch. Sometimes once every map in juiced content. I have a nasa computer and temps and everything is fine. I reset my overclock and its still happening, so not that either. I've re-isntalled, verified game files, swapped render devices, closed excess apps. Nothing has fixed it yet. It intermittently will get better for a very short time and also periodically get a lot worse for a period of time. Very very frustrating.
Same issues here, running a MSI 4090, i9 13900ks, 32gb DDR5 ram. Tried with and without overclock, with and without undervolt, verified game files, reinstalled game. Tried DX11/12/Vulkan, nothing seems to make a difference. The only thing I haven't yet tested is removing all my MTX, which is a mixture of Voidborn / Celestial stuff.

Game just crashes straight to desktop, no crash report. It's the only game that does it, so I imagine it's a POE problem and not a hardware problem.

League is over for me unfortunately until its fixed, far too many items / potential items lost due to crashing for me to want to continue to play. Hopefully it's resolved soon, but if sounds like it's been an ongoing issue since 3.22.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info