Constant Crash to Desktop

I also had crashes all the time in the main menu.

But for some reason after closing Discord entirely I've had none crashes at all for hours.
I guess it is an overlay issue of some sort.

So some of you guys might be lucky that it will work for you too.
"
Wierdy wrote:
I also had crashes all the time in the main menu.

But for some reason after closing Discord entirely I've had none crashes at all for hours.
I guess it is an overlay issue of some sort.

So some of you guys might be lucky that it will work for you too.

I just tested it and it seems to work. Thank you very much! Willt est it further tomorrow!
Constant crashes, today this game is totally unplayable for me but yesterday I have not even a crash...

Ryzen 1800X
Nvidia 1080 gtx
32Gb RAM
NvMe EVO 970 512Gb

already try, Dx12,dx11,vulkan, full screen, windowed.....
with/without discord....

Sometime I even get to load the town, "shader meter" goes crazy, game stutter and then crash anyway.

If I create a new character I can stay wandering at beach all day (even activating all my mtx) but once I get into town game start to crash with that character, even if I go to hideout or any place outside town. Once character "touch" a town, shader meter goes crazy.

Had some problems crashing to desktop early in the league but after the hotfix I was doing okay...until this morning. Instant CTD when trying to load in. Didn't matter the character. Started trying everything in this thread and somehow verifying the game files through steam helped. I guess we'll see how long this lasts.
Game is crashing to desktop every 10 seconds inside a map.
"Failed to decompress corrupted data" is my bane of my existence.
"
Sagonator wrote:
Game is crashing to desktop every 10 seconds inside a map.
"Failed to decompress corrupted data" is my bane of my existence.

That error message sounds though like you need to either have the files be checked in steam or if you are on client use the packcheck.exe.
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
I tried most everything people have suggested. I'm still crashing to desk top after clicking login. I use to get that failed to decompress corrupted data error before I went nuts on my computer. Now I just get dropped to desktop every single time.

I don't usually post but we can all use some love here!

i9 13900k
64g mem ddr5
win 11 - latest drivers
3070 ti - lastest drivers
Last edited by Slivereye on Dec 14, 2023, 1:19:22 AM
I see that people here have far worse crashes than me. I only crash in game, like towns, acts, maps, even hideout. And it's pretty random and happens since this league's launch. But I noticed that before crash the game freezes for a sec and screen briefly goes black, next I'm on the desktop. I never had such crashes. Oh ye, and also, if I have my browser open in background, it crashes too. I would /bug it but I'm too lazy to do it)))
-- Update 31/12/2023:

Seems DX11 does not crash in the league mechanic and fixes my town crashes.

On the BSOD related issue from OP I might have some advice. My pc had the problem that I would crash in a certain games but not in others. This was because one connector was not fully seated in my motherboard. So it was probably due to power consumption on my end.

Currently I only crash to desktop when playing together with other people, I'm starting to think it's MTX related. (playing with Vulkan)

At launch I could not enter towns because that would crash me instantly, I had the following error with Vulkan: vk:::Queue:::submit:ErrorDeviceLost

I'm 80% certain from my short test that I don't crash in towns anymore.

When playing alone and staying in my hideout I have no crashes.

[Display]
DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Driver version: 546.29
Driver Type: DCH
Direct3D feature level: 12_1
CUDA Cores: 2432
Core clock: 1607 MHz
Memory data rate: 8.01 Gbps
Memory interface: 256-bit
Memory bandwidth: 256.26 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 16351 MB
Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB GDDR5

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) Build 19045.3693
CPU Brand Name: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
Motherboard Model: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING
Total Memory Size: 16 GBytes
2 - 8 GB PC4-21300 DDR4 SDRAM Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

Complete overview of pc specs: https://pastebin.com/TAfKiEun (link dies 1 month from now)
Last edited by Immow on Dec 30, 2023, 6:18:44 PM
Adding a post to the pile, not that it'll amount to anything, it's mostly for airing my frustration at this point.

Windows 11 22631
Intel 13900k
Asus RTX4080
64GB RAM

I have tried basically everything under the sun, but I'm having constant crashes to desktop.

They're happening when...
Loading into maps, hideout, towns, random zones, and sub-zones.
They happen more frequently when there is a loading screen involved.
No league mechanic or mid-map/zone crashing as of yet.

The most common error is "Failed to decompress (corrupted data)" but the game has also closed on several occasions without any errors.

** Edit, disabling engine multithreading now completely stops the crashing but I take a significant performance hit.
Last edited by Konabu on Dec 14, 2023, 5:11:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info