So leveling gems in weapon swap pointless now?

Normally people always level gems in weapon swap so they can change them to 20% quality later with vendor recipe but now when the vendor recipe for 20% quality gems is gone is there any point in doing this anymore?
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2024, 2:55:46 PM
You can still do it with non-awakened support gems.
It is better now. You have 2 active skill gems to gamble in the lab, and if you got a not desire one, you can check the price on trade site instead of losing you only copy of active skill the main one
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Where is this information? What did they change about it?

I didn't check it, sorry. It won't work in awakened gems?
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
"
DoctaLinker wrote:

"
The vendor recipe for turning a Level 20 Gem into a 20% Quality Level 1 version of that Gem no longer works with Skill Gems, as the benefit Quality provides to damage dealing Skills is now more powerful. The vendor recipe can now only be used with non-Awakened Support Gems.
"
seaman wrote:
"
DoctaLinker wrote:

"
The vendor recipe for turning a Level 20 Gem into a 20% Quality Level 1 version of that Gem no longer works with Skill Gems, as the benefit Quality provides to damage dealing Skills is now more powerful. The vendor recipe can now only be used with non-Awakened Support Gems.

Got it. So this recipe will work with all support gems except skill gems and awakened support ones, right?
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
I don't know why they need bother saying it won't work with awakened support gems...if you are willing to flip a fully leveled awakened gem for a mere 20 gcp value, you are getting a very bad deal.
"
DoctaLinker wrote:

Got it. So this recipe will work with all support gems except skill gems and awakened support ones, right?

Yeah, it still works for all regular support gems, so we can still level them up in the second weapon slot and hope for a good vaal later.

Random quality gems will have more value now, and I'll definitely be more on the lookout for them, so get a slow trickle of gemcutter prisms (from the 40% recipe). GCP price will presumably rise a fair bit due to this change.
It'll still be fine with regular skill gems for when you go into Uber Labs. You just can't do the 20q recipe anymore with 'em.

Wonder if you can't do the 40q recipe either.

Note to self: fix your sig at some point. Toxicity isn't welcome in our system towards anyone anymore.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Dec 2, 2023, 4:28:44 PM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

Yeah, it still works for all regular support gems, so we can still level them up in the second weapon slot and hope for a good vaal later.

Random quality gems will have more value now, and I'll definitely be more on the lookout for them, so get a slow trickle of gemcutter prisms (from the 40% recipe). GCP price will presumably rise a fair bit due to this change.

Long ago at the beggining of PoE i made myself a habit - i collect all superior flasks and gems i find and throw them in one tab. When it is full, sell all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info