Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

"
does any1 know if lab enchs are going leg or they getting removed? I did try searching and read the notes a couple of times...
looking forward to next week, let's gooo

We're all assuming legacy and buying them up.
Honestly reads to me like Ultimatum got gutted hard.

With Catalysts being now primarily obtainable via Ultimatum and monsters no longer dropping loot I don't think it will end up feeling all that great to grind Ultimatum.

Also no Atlas rework?
well done. well done. excited!
No league packs this time and also no core packs yet?
How boring and small.

Neat overall changes tho, some skills could have deserved a huge nerf but all the new stuff is going to cause a nice and fresh meta anyways, so well done.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
So you guys kill alt qualilty Gems, and the compisate people who spent money and time on getting these gems basically meaning less while giving those same people nothing but shit quality gems in return?

hey game devs why do you hate people playing your game so goddman much?
Do not want to sound like an ass but what about performance?
Any info at least?
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Anomalous, Divergent and Phantasmal Quality Gems have been removed from the game. Existing alternate Quality Gems now have the base Quality effect found on the respective Gem."

Awful decision. Could have just kept the alt gems, lab enchants, etc. and then add the new gems you spoke of

Why remove Metamorph?

Removing Perandus was a mistake

Removing Prophecy and Metamoprh especially were mistakes.

Prophecy allowed you to modify your maps in a somewhat deterministic way. Frogs, rats, tempests.

Perandus gave you a chance to get a unique deterministically.

Metamorph gave you more challenging mobs that you can get in a map and gave you an extra boss you can fight on top of another boss you can fight later with combining the pieces.

Removing alt gems from Heist makes no sense either. Like, why? Legitimately, why? They can't keep it on top of adding new content?

There is no reason to remove previous content considering the engine CAN handle it and the devs stated multiple times that it can. Runescape for instance has content that is still in the game that was released back in 1998.

The whole "league popularity" argument makes no sense either and sounds like another easy cop-out reason to remove content.

Like I legitimately don't understand these decisions. It's not content bloat, this is just an easy cop-out way for you to remove more content that your team would have to keep track of in upcoming updates.

It's not up to you to understand their decisions.
It's their game, they have the data, they know what the engine can or cannot do, and only they know what kind of vision they have for the game.

If you honestly cannot find anything exiting in the Affliction league, then I guess this game is no longer for you.

Time to move on perhaps?
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
LOGIN!

1.) NEW GEMS.
2.) ULTIMATUM IS BACK.
3.) NEW ADDITIONAL ASCENDANCY.
4.) UNSTACKING CURRENCY WHILE TRADING IS NOW POSSIBLE.

One thing i don't understand, why every league Mana Reservation Efficacy is getting nerf? This time on Ashes Of The Stars and from helmet enchants.

LEAGUE 3.24: MANA RESERVATION EFFICACY OF SKILLS HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GAME.
Last edited by Lunaxi on Dec 1, 2023, 12:38:38 PM
"
Lunaxi wrote:
LOGIN!

1.) NEW GEMS.
2.) ULTIMATUM IS BACK.
3.) NEW ADDITIONAL ASCENDANCY.
4.) BEST LEAGUE IN ENTIRE HISTORY SO FAR IS COMMING.
5.) UNSTACKING CURRENCY WHILE TRADING IS NOW POSSIBLE.

One thing i don't understand, why every league Mana Reservation Efficacy is getting nerf? This time on Ashes Of The Stars.

SPARK WITH +2 PROJECTILES. WHAT CAN I SAY? THANK YOU.

Sanctrume still rain divines and mirrors = same disgusting inflation
And feeling forced to do sanctrume or being punished for not doimg it
Makes all the rest of the good stuff meaningless

No nerf to sanctrume currency reward = skip league
Last league felt awful because of sanctrume its 1 single worst thing
They ever added to the game
"
Elhazzared wrote:
"We want to make Quallity provide better bonus."

Freeze pulse quallity untouched and freezing pulse itself nerfed.

Totems nerfed even though almost no one plays them with how aweful they are.

Yeah, GGG still doesn't understand what made PoE the success it became nor does it understand why it's player retention has been none existant since Delve (ok, not since Delve but that's when it started to drop until it got to the point it is at).

The worst example of this is everything we hear of PoE 2, the more they talk about PoE 2 them more it becomes obvious that it's all about good looking stuff and a complete failure to understand why it will not be popular. The idea of grabbing the people who played PoE a long time ago and never coming back. Yeah, GGG never understood what made them quit and they are making PoE 2 even worse than PoE 1 was at launch for the crowd they want to give them a second chance.

Oh well, at least GD has a decent ARPG.

I actually laughed pretty hard while reading your post, thank you for that!

It's completely oblivious to me how every league there are always people making up stuff about the game, just because they don't like/don't understand the changes.

GGG is probably one of the very few companies who truly understand their game, and have a vision that will probably take another decade to be fully realized.

It's been clear for years, that what they are doing is good for the game overall, all you have to do is stop thinking like your subjective opinion is a objective fact, and learn to think outside of the box. I know it might be challenging for some people, but it's not as hard as you think. ;)

Well, at least now you can enjoy other games more, right?
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info