[3.25 Update] Stone Golem Necromancer, all content + Uber viable ~90mil DPS

The nerf that caused a 25% damage reduction, how does it affect the build? I mean, is it still viable for all content, or is it more recommended for farming up to T16 maps at most?

A 25% damage loss seems like a lot of damage. Is it possible to recover it with any other change? Even if it requires a significant investment, for example.

PS: They mention above that with the low-budget version they can't handle Blight, I suppose this is due to the 25% damage loss. I haven't reached that point yet, but I hope at least the mid-budget version doesn't have problems hehe
Well I was worried about those two posts as well, but working my way up I'm having zero issues with Damage. If the build can max out at 90mil dps and loses 25%, well I imagine 67.5 mil dps is still enough for everything. Stone Golems are not popular this league for sure but I've found several 95+ ppl on Poe Ninja tearing up the Atlas with similar builds.
"
Well I was worried about those two posts as well, but working my way up I'm having zero issues with Damage. If the build can max out at 90mil dps and loses 25%, well I imagine 67.5 mil dps is still enough for everything. Stone Golems are not popular this league for sure but I've found several 95+ ppl on Poe Ninja tearing up the Atlas with similar builds.

Indeed, the more I progress, the better it looks. The damage loss is noticeable, but it's still a build for all content perfectly; it just takes a bit longer to kill some things.

Also, they mention earlier that the low-budget version can't handle the bosses of some Blight maps, but this is simply a mistake. If you have the rings with the correct anointments and know how to place the towers, you don't even need to attack the bosses. They simply get paralyzed, and your towers kill everything. The thing is, you need to know how to do a ravaged map; it's not just about placing towers randomly, hehe.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/soRA_RA/characters
The character: Stoned_Sora

This is a perfect example of what I'm looking forward too. I've been keeping tabs on them because they're mostly following the same build that we are. Now they have some excellent gear and gone full CI/ES, so ymmv but I keep seeing them level and get further and further.

I can't wait to dig in deeper.
"

The 90m DPS refer to the life based ultra high budget version and are post nerf.
Any recommendation for spectres later on? I got the full medium budget done, still using chieftain,host and harpy
Last edited by icata1 on Aug 14, 2024, 7:24:44 AM
There seems to be doubt as to if this build can perform in high tier content, so i decided to go with this build and test it in the process. The goal is to safely run t16 8-mods with harbingers and t17s. Just finished the campaign (here is the final part in case anyone wants to know how this plays in acts. This is semi twink gear on a 4 link).

I can already see some red flags with the build, considering the high budget ES version pretty much has mirror tier gear with just the clusters and awakened multistrike being worth a mageblood. But we'll see how it goes. Treating it as a hardcore character. Only things i will change is not getting Tempered in War as i don't see any reason to. Maybe i will also drop haste as that frees up A LOT of points and gives marginal benefits in terms of DPS. But ima incorporate it for now to see if it feels smother with it or if you can ditch it. Otherwise i replaced 1 golem with the normal version and added vitality to have decent regen. Whether i will keep this change has to be seen. Let's see how this build goes into maps.

EDIT:
Alright, couple hours later just rushed up the map tiers. This is my first T16 (did maps 3 lvs below to level fast so i'm lv 80 there). As you can see i did not bother to fix my non-unique rares / blue items nor my flasks. This is a 6-Link with ashes and obviously has no right to play T16 with <3k like, but max block with aurora pretty much makes one tanky regardless. As this is one clayshaper and the damage looks already fine to me, i'd say this is defenitly T16 viable once i add more difficult content. But we'll see. Biggest upgrade one should get early is the explody chest for the AG.
Last edited by Kyrim on Aug 12, 2024, 11:24:36 AM
I'm lvl 94 and want to switch from the low budget to the medium budget Life based version.The pob says i would loose 25% dmg but i get +50% ehp. I must have overlooked something so im sending my pob link maybe someone could help me.

this is my build at the moment https://pobb.in/HzyHGIIXFDOo
and this is with the life based tree https://pobb.in/vFaXrQiwX-zl
Last edited by BOSSLIKE on Aug 12, 2024, 5:11:28 PM
Hmm im curious is there anyways getting abit tankier in early on the golem was fine but the char seem very squishy
Been working on this build, specifically targeting the medium budget version. It was very tough early on with low level gems and lacking the passives to fit all the jewels on the tree, but now I'm at a place where I can comfortably do t16s at a moderate pace. Other builds could probably achieve this for cheaper (I probably spent around 30 div), but I think this build might have a higher ceiling with more investment.

Haven't tried bossing or t17s yet, still trying to get a few more levels and maybe a few upgrades.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info