3.22.1 Hotfix

Hi there, let's talk about Tota...

As a player that reached 2k rating from day 2 of the league i just wanna point out some things about the mechanic and about the patches.

Let's start by saying ok tota was broken before patch and way it was working made a lot of players frustrated. I understand why but from my personal perspective is was better than now. If you had dps u could probably kill the enemy minions and fast capture the totems. Now even if you have dps, minion spawn time is like one sec (actually one second, you cant even click the totem in one second) so everything is alive again and u cant capture, its like a loop of killing and respawning.
Also before patch leader of the tribe was trying to capture totems so it gave you the advantage to freely capture some enemy totems because leader was missing. Now leader is on top of his totems and one shot you and your minions and doesn't leaving the totem so u can capture as a result u have to kill him.
So this is time consuming (before patch avg round time was 40-50 sec, now avg round is 3-4 mins)
And now lets talk about rewards.

You guys probably nerfed the rewards a little bit without telling us a word? :P
Before patch i probably made about 340-370 div only from the mechanic and always staying at 2k rating, after patch and many hours and finished tournaments i received almost 1-2 divs. So the difference is obvious, either u placed more random items in the loot table or u nerfed big rewards.

Please consider fixing the way some things work so its playable and profitable again. It's a nice enjoyable mechanic but it make me sad when for example hinekoras horn hit box with the wooden bat its just broken, or when a spear dancer prioritize you either if you capturing totem or you dont (also this joke with off screen jump need to stop) also makes me sad that i invested so much currency on my build to have dps and kill enemies in tota while the respawn in one second.

Always saying my opinion with respect to the team and the game enjoy the most.
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Majority are not enjoying this league. The time to rewards ratio are bad. One shots are bad. Thanks.

One of the funnest leagues in a long time.

It is better than the typical "new NPC, New Currency printer" routine they have
been in.

Sounds like a new build is in your future?

"

As a player that reached 2k rating from day 2 of the league i just wanna point out some things about the mechanic and about the patches.

Let's start by saying ok tota was broken before patch and way it was working made a lot of players frustrated. I understand why but from my personal perspective is was better than now. If you had dps u could probably kill the enemy minions and fast capture the totems. Now even if you have dps, minion spawn time is like one sec (actually one second, you cant even click the totem in one second) so everything is alive again and u cant capture, its like a loop of killing and respawning.
Also before patch leader of the tribe was trying to capture totems so it gave you the advantage to freely capture some enemy totems because leader was missing. Now leader is on top of his totems and one shot you and your minions and doesn't leaving the totem so u can capture as a result u have to kill him.
So this is time consuming (before patch avg round time was 40-50 sec, now avg round is 3-4 mins)

Before patch i probably made about 340-370 div only from the mechanic and always staying at 2k rating, after patch and many hours and finished tournaments i received almost 1-2 divs. So the difference is obvious, either u placed more random items in the loot table or u nerfed big rewards.

Please consider fixing the way some things work so its playable and profitable again. It's a nice enjoyable mechanic but it make me sad when for example hinekoras horn hit box with the wooden bat its just broken, or when a spear dancer prioritize you either if you capturing totem or you dont (also this joke with off screen jump need to stop) also makes me sad that i invested so much currency on my build to have dps and kill enemies in tota while the respawn in one second.

So mad your not making 300 divines and easily stay at 2k rating?
Well then, that is broken.

I have made over 50 div in the last day and I am only 600 in rating.
I am not sure why people expect it to be easy at max rating..
Last edited by bodierox on Sep 7, 2023, 4:18:53 AM
on almost every single map in rotas, someone dropped because they're loading in and can't get off the load screen. it stays like that until the 1min safety runs out and you die, or you kill the client and restart. 16gb ram, all other apps closed, all nonessential processes killed, even awakened poe trade. nothing helps.

it's so bad that in 5ways, some of the carries say to wait to enter until they say... they run up to the top left alcove and port people in there so they at least people don't die if they're bugged at load screen.

and desync makes tota unplayable. literally every single loss comes down to desync. mobs just stop losing health while i'm cycloning around, and then rubberband 10 seconds later and i'm dead. and it'd be one thing if i was getting desync everywhere, but nope, just in tota.

c'mon GGG, fix this. people are calling tota the potato patch. never seen anything like it.
can we maybe improve the behavior of the player warriors? its real frustrating getting 1 tapped by anything that looks at you, while not being able to kill any of them and then watching them all jump on our totem while our flankers dick around on the enemy defender totems and the player defending units NOT defending.
I have no problem killing things, and surviving at rank 2000.

I don't play a cheeze build. I just kill stuff with mines, and constantly move so they don't one shot me.

I do use void sphere and a brand with knockback to help keep pressure off though, and I do have wither totems. Used to run with temp chains but i've gotten used to their moves so i just go full dps.

The patch made it easier for me, since lowered life on their big units. I do chaos dmg so their es wasn't a factor anyways.

Anyways for those having trouble, there are many ways you can cheese and win with a zero dmg build even at rank 2000.

Titanic turtles are no problem for me. Either kill it or kill the totem no big deal.

And no I don't got some mirror build. Just a regular hexblast miner. Cheap cheap.

Bosses call out all their moves. IF you hear them say someting simply move and u wont ever get hit. Takes me maybe 15 sec to burn down a boss anywyas if he's defending. Depends how much I have to dodge.

What I want to see is a few sec of invince when you revive. Sometimes they have dots on the floor and u insta die soon as u revive.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
"
bodierox wrote:
"
HeroEvermore wrote:
Majority are not enjoying this league. The time to rewards ratio are bad. One shots are bad. Thanks.

One of the funnest leagues in a long time.

It is better than the typical "new NPC, New Currency printer" routine they have
been in.

Sounds like a new build is in your future?

"

So mad your not making 300 divines and easily stay at 2k rating?
Well then, that is broken.

I have made over 50 div in the last day and I am only 600 in rating.
I am not sure why people expect it to be easy at max rating..

if you made 50d you just lucky on some big drop. Biggest single drop i've had so far is a stack of 5d. Never got anything better, all the way up to rank 2000
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
Me, I'm just waiting for Impending doom blast with vixen's gloves on occultist to work again, in the meantime I'm not watching
Ive been playing this game since legacy league. With my favorite leagues being bestiary ultimatum and sentinel.

This league mechanic has a good train of thought and idea behind it but the actual developers put maybe a hour a day of work into it with minimal effort.

- There should be no mechanic involving self reviving of totems. Its just dumb and it takes more time even though the league mechanic already takes SO MUCH TIME.

- Going off the previous point.... The league mechanic takes way to much time. Add a menu or something before you select who you play against so you can buy items and not have to walk around and talk to everyone... Its ridiculous im almost positive I can sit down and create a better version of this game "Mechanic" Within a months time.

- THE ENTIRETY OF WHAT THERE IS TO EXPLORE THAT IS NEW CAN BE WITNESSED IN 5 MINUTES. WHY? Legit the only thing that is different this league is doing a tourney. There is no mods or new features after doing the first tourney. Its the exact same thing over and over and over and over....

- GGG is absolutely horrible at balancing. This league is one of the most brutal displays of that. With units like the titanic turtle being absolutely broken. With them defending their totems to spear dancers one shotting or bosses one shotting almost everyone with no indicators. This company failed on this department the hardest.

- Why in any universe would you think its okay to buff damage of monsters. When 90% of the player base complaining about them one shotting. Adding more monsters that one shot is your idea? That is absolutely horrendous thinking and a horrible way of viewing the game.

- Why cant you pick and choose your ranking instead of having to sit down for 30 minutes and int your way down.... Why not just let the player decide to go lower.

I still dont understand how people struggle with Titanic, even at rank 2000. It just dies instantly. Also, yes. The odds are stacked against you because your character is the most OP player. You just run in, kill everything in like 3 seconds and your flankers win the game for you. How is anyone struggling? If you are getting to 1500-2000, you are not a new player. Like someone else said, it really is a skill issue.
save your words they dont read anything and we're probably waiting weeks or months more for full performance fixes
Last edited by sheb_8416 on Sep 7, 2023, 3:18:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info