anyone saw blizzard new season content? LOL

"
innervation wrote:
I'll give it a shot.

D4 sold a lot of copies and some people like it. Tens of millions of copies sold. It's objectively good.

Actually, we dont know how many copies it sold. For the first time, blizzard dodged releasing that specific number

You see, the number blizzard released was the income for everything D4 related, and you cant just take that number and divide by game price to get to sales number because its implied to be a number that includes EVERYTHING monetarized around the title. It includes pre-sales, weights premium purchases more heavily, microtransactions, season passes, etc...

And if we go for gross income as measure of quality... well did you know the movies of the twilight series grossed a revenue of over 3 billions? Every one of the individual movies except one got a revenue above every diablo title...
And every book placed on top 4 most sold on the years they were released? Each book made more money than every classic blizzard title combined

Twilight is a masterpiece?
"

Most DIV players likely have little to no experience with PoE; most Exiles likely have little to no interest in playing any other ARPG because PoE is the best at giving them what they want/need

I highly doubt that. There are a lot of people who play both or played diablo 2 before they played poe, me included.
"The DIV player" or "the poe player" doesnt really exist.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
Well, most of us 'knew' that Diablo 4 seasonal additions would be somewhat lackluster compared to PoE. That in itself isn't necessarily a negative thing; more isn't always better.

But I struggle to see how PoE players that repeatedly critique PoE leagues as "shit", "boring" or "lackluster" can defend Diablo's approach. I'm also curious about the MTX approach here in a $70 game, which a lot of people defended because "it's going to be a live service game with tons of addons each season".

Mr. DS is on a probation, I think, so he'll probably be unavailable for this one.

I'll give it a shot.

D4 sold a lot of copies and some people like it. Tens of millions of copies sold. It's objectively good.

No it isnt just becuz it sold ten milion copies doesnt make it objectively good just cuz apple sell the very same phone every year for 2000$ and hundreds of milions of people buy it doesnt make apple products good it just means people arent the brighest
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

I'll give it a shot.

No it isnt just becuz it sold ten milion copies doesnt make it objectively good just cuz apple sell the very same phone every year for 2000$ and hundreds of milions of people buy it doesnt make apple products good it just means people arent the brighest

Sure it does - they have a choice and they choose Apple. That means it's good. Not perfect, no product that sells millions gets 100% positive reviews. But you know, it must be doing something right. 10s of millions of people can't have bad taste.
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:
POE players complain so hard they complain about other games on a POE forum.

I know Leagues are lasting 5 months and you cant throw a tantrum about POE league content as often.. but this is getting desperate.

Complain? This is more like laughing that they would nuke their game from orbit with nerfs harder than expedition in a game that already took Krip around 250 hours to level from 1-100. And they say they are targeting the casual audience.

If anyone thought PoE was bad, they just made Expedition nerfs look light. One of the stupid nerfs they did would be like reducing the drop rate of maps by 60% and then saying you only get loot now every other map. That's what they did to players main source of loot in the end game.

Or to nerf Trickster defense by 40% and their damage out put when they are already one of the weakest Ascendancies in the game, but leave RF untouched and leave Elementalist and Occultist untouched.

It's comical how bad Blizzard has doubled down on making their community suffer to have to have fun, and how people should re-evaluate their complaining about GGG.

Occultist WAS "touched" though, and Trickster is plenty played even in HC. It's things like Gladiator that need attention, not just more gut and gut.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
Not sure why anyone expects modern Blizzard to actually have releases that are more passion over profit.

They even bad-mouthed BG3, just shows their projection of their own laziness and jealousy.

If you're smart it's not hard to figure out their tactics like creating this semi-supposed open world "mmo" that's really just sparse... why? Because they want to sell you the mount system and all shop mount accessories.

When you look at the passion of a game like BG3 and the detail then look @ mobile MMO D4, it's such a blight and testament to how so many devs are so beyond core point of gaming making - passion. It's 99% profit for them, and 1% politics and jamming in social politics.

But we can chose what we support and pay for. I am glad I didn't give them a single dollar over this atrocity. I would say D2R is an extremely better ARPG but I don't think D4 can claim it's an ARPG genre anymore, it's like a watered down LOST ARK top-down MMO.

Last edited by poeGT on Jul 19, 2023, 4:09:34 AM
"
innervation wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

I'll give it a shot.

Sure it does - they have a choice and they choose Apple. That means it's good. Not perfect, no product that sells millions gets 100% positive reviews. But you know, it must be doing something right. 10s of millions of people can't have bad taste.

not it doesnt just becuz they choose apple products doesnt mean its good not a single sane person will tell you that apple product is good they are garbage and overpriced but the fanbois of apple are gonna buy anything and they have hundreds of milions people like that so yes tens of milion people can have a bad taste becuz theres more dumb people than smart
Cause most people are stupid and think that something's good or better because apple charges more than the other companies. High prices won't make a product good right away.
Little do most know that they simply pay for nothing else but the brand name and a apple logo on their piece of garbage.

Hell even the xiaomi phones of a Chinese company offer better quality and performance for 1/3 of the apple garbage price.

It's not just a thing with their phones but even the laptops and PCs of apple are overpriced garbage. Any Windows or Linux system build on non Apple components outperforms a apple product with ease, and that for half the price. And all the apple systems with fancy Nvidia or AMD GPUs or other non Apple specs still perform horrible simply cause the apple OS is just utter trash compared to Linux or Windows for both programming and gaming.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Jul 19, 2023, 5:20:20 AM
"
innervation wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

I'll give it a shot.

I like it. Good job :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I know, I am being reasonable here and in a thread of this nature, it's rather unExilean of me, but eh. It is what it is.

unExilean? Nah, people are allowed to like the games they like. But when it comes to Diablo and PoE, I have a feeling that a lot of people are somewhat prejudiced and narrow minded - I think we're all guilty of that, to some degree.

But what I struggle with here, Mr. Old/new DS, is that Diablo's approach to MTXs and Battlepasses on top of a full price, was being defended because of this "live service" that would push out a lot of content. It's early yet, sure, and by all means, they could still produce something that's close to justifying all of that. But this time around? We're closer to free D3 themed seasons without battlepasses or MTX than we are "sure, this amount of content is justifying everything".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info