anyone saw blizzard new season content? LOL

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
What % of Diablo players played beyond their having fun thinking 'its gotta get better right?'

At this point does it even matter? They couldn't give less of a shit if the content is good or not or if PoE players liked it or not, they banked $666 mill in 5 days and it's their fastest selling game so far.

By those metrics alone, it's a clear message that people enjoyed it and won't ever give a fuck about what PoE is or not doing. I'm not even hating, they just gonna keep doing what they are doing and keep banking it.

But it's also funny that Actman said:"why did i have to beat the game to start being challenged by it" when PoE is basically the same with acts, and he didn't play any endgame stuff(aside from one dungeon). That would be the same as playing one map, ignoring everything else and saying PoE is easy.

tf are you talking about THERE'S NO END GAME IN D4 EVEN THE CASUAL DADS AGREED WITH THIS LMAO

Go say that to d4 reddit go on and 100% promise you they will say the same thing.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

At this point does it even matter? They couldn't give less of a shit if the content is good or not or if PoE players liked it or not, they banked $666 mill in 5 days and it's their fastest selling game so far.

By those metrics alone, it's a clear message that people enjoyed it

No, it isnt...

The way its one of the lowest rated games of the year on metacritic speaks otherwise

And no, you cant even say its just a bunch of haters, not only the number of red reviews a very significant majority, blizzard cant claim to have monopoly on haters. People trash talk how activision "ruined" blizzard, but most of their recent works get green scores, its actually hard to get AAA titles scoring red as they tend to have as many fanboys as haters. Even games from EA, a company infamous for ruining franquises, being a hellhole to work on, and the inventors of the concept of on-launch dlc, dont usually fall that low

Also, poe on launch did not charged 70 bucks, its free-to-play even now, so theres also that. Tons of users review noted that game would be a super decent effort if it was free-to-play from a indie dev, but its bare-bones for that price tag coming from a major developer that worked on it at least for 5 years
Blizzard can learn some serious lessons from GGG on

- How to launch and balance patches
- Provide sufficient carrot and sticks to feed the raging crowd
- Communication to the community (even if its via Reddit)

To that extent they have failed TERRIBLY on the first patch launch. Not only is the seasonal content "meh" compared to even the earliest of POE seasons, the way the patch was announced and the things that was broken along the way is abysmal. It's literally all nerfs.

POE has it really good in which developer communication with the player base. Take Archnemesis - it was a feature change for them but it proved too much for the playerbase. The communication led to eventual changes which was good for the game. Now compare that to Blizzard - I can't even name you the equivalent of a Chris Wilson or Bex that communicates with the playerbase. It's like they simply don't care and worst even don't play the game themselves.
Last edited by DAKKONx on Jul 20, 2023, 1:11:52 AM
I don't think metacritic is a measure of anything. There's like 4.5k reviews there for D4 now... which is what, 0.1% of the playerbase? There's no way that's a random sample.

In comparison, PoE has over 200k reviews on steam, and only 2k on metacritic.
Last edited by Xyel on Jul 20, 2023, 2:19:57 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Login regrind your renown and do TWO elities INSTEAD OF ONE.

LOGIN RIGHT NOW!

NUU U CANT MAKE ME NANANANANA I SHALL VISIT YOUR HO IN THE NEXT LEAGUE AND FART.

I EXPECT 10 MIRRUR FEE FOR MY FART OR ILL SELL IT ON ONLYFANS.

LOGIN RIGHT NOW with zero end game LMAO

I HEARD THE PATCH NOTES ARE JUICY AND TASTY

Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
No surprise :))
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
it's a clear message that people enjoyed it and won't ever give a fuck about what PoE is or not doing. I'm not even hating, they just gonna keep doing what they are doing and keep banking it.

Nope. Blizzard have huge brand recognition and know that it just means their marketing worked. Corporations care about opportunity cost: they want to make money from selling D4 cosmetics too and if the game doesn't manage to do that then they're going to view it as a partial failure.
"
But it's also funny that Actman said:"why did i have to beat the game to start being challenged by it" when PoE is basically the same with acts, and he didn't play any endgame stuff(aside from one dungeon). That would be the same as playing one map, ignoring everything else and saying PoE is easy.

PoE's campaign isn't easy in the same way that D4 is easy: D4's mainstream audience wouldn't even get past PoE Act 5. D4 has World Tier 1 which may as well be a sightseeing mode and was the most efficient way to level. You seem uninformed about how degraded many of D4's features actually are.
"
Obyrith wrote:

Nope. Blizzard have huge brand recognition and know that it just means their marketing worked. Corporations care about opportunity cost: they want to make money from selling D4 cosmetics too and if the game doesn't manage to do that then they're going to view it as a partial failure.

Proving my point exactly, they market it for the people that will buy and play either way, doesn't matter how much PoE fanboys or D4 fanboys meltdown about how bad it is.

Ya'll just seem a bit too dense to understand that they gain nothing from applying any of your suggestions to improve the game. They will keep doing low effort stuff because it's proven it works.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jul 20, 2023, 12:55:09 PM
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
Ya'll just seem a bit too dense to understand that they gain nothing from applying any of your suggestions to improve the game. They will keep doing low effort stuff because it's proven it works.

You seem a bit dense if you cant grasp that a market strat that goes for low effort dont really correlates to players enjoying their games
Its literally a low efford sequel to cash on a previous hit: Even if the movie/game/book is a finantial sucess, that most definetly dont mean anybody enjoyed the garbage, blizzard for the last decade have literally banking on the back of brand name to make the money

If your point is that people are dense to get the writing on the wall, you have a solid point, but your point is that the finantial sucess is objective indication that most players liked the game, wich is... well.. stupid

"
Xyel wrote:
I don't think metacritic is a measure of anything. There's like 4.5k reviews there for D4 now... which is what, 0.1% of the playerbase? There's no way that's a random sample.

In comparison, PoE has over 200k reviews on steam, and only 2k on metacritic.

By your logic, statistics in general dont make sense. The whole point of the science is that you dont need a significant portion of the whole population, just a sample is enough to tell about the whole

On your own example, poe may have very different number of reviews, but the average rating on both sources is almost the same
"
feike wrote:
By your logic, statistics in general dont make sense. The whole point of the science is that you dont need a significant portion of the whole population, just a sample is enough to tell about the whole

On your own example, poe may have very different number of reviews, but the average rating on both sources is almost the same

For it to have any value, the sample needs to be representative.

How do you see the numerical value for steam reviews?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info