NSFW change on POE reddit has destroyed it

"
oathe wrote:
Those that enjoy checking out the threads from time to time for interesting ideas or just game related materials, myself being one of them. Unable to even get to the forum section now due to the NSFW tag, and like many others, have now lost a section of info for the game.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
I just stopped going, Nubatron is right it is easy to make an account but frankly I shouldn't have to - even a fake one lol.

Is there something I am missing? I can view PoE reddit without having a reddit account...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Buissonix wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
The time it took you to create this thread probably was longer than the time to create an account. I imagine there is some principle stopping you from doing it though. Perhaps because of that, you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something.

"
The time it took you to create this thread probably was longer than the time to create an account.

This doesn't invalidate OP's concerns.

"
I imagine there is some principle stopping you from doing it though.

Who cares? It's their right not wanting to create an account for something that doesn't require an account.

"
you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something

If they were really sticking to their principles, the sub would still be in lockdown; they would have put their principles above their mod seats.
However, they did not. They opened the sub as soon as they felt threatened.
They're virtue-signalling cowards who value power over principles, making it worse for every redditor in the process.

I was simply pointing out that they're sticking to their principles on the matter just as OP appears to be, so they can possibly sympathize because of that. My commentary on the time to create an account is how I made an informed guess that there is some sort of principle OP is standing up for. You breaking the comment apart like that changes the context a little.

As for the changing to NSFW, that makes the sub ineligible for advertising, effectively demonetizing the sub. It's a ton more effective than just making the sub private because it's active again, but providing no monetary value to the platform. Just burning money.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 3, 2023, 7:15:12 AM
"
oathe wrote:
I do understand the whole trying to stick it to the man mentality but,

Obviously, you don't understand.
It's like people saying they're OK with workers going on strike for better wages... as long as it doesn't inconvenience them so they have to, say, go to another shop (or make a reddit account).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Stiwoz wrote:
"
Buissonix wrote:

The community voted in favour of the NFSW tag so that everything will still be accessible to users and players, but the subreddit will not generate ad revenue for Reddit itself.

Wrong on all accounts, most of the community voted against it. They changed the poll mid-way in favour of it. The sub-reddit is filled with basement dwelling mods who are on a power trip.

I say let burn,the only thing they will end up moderating in the number of socks they have left before their mommy has to wash them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info