NSFW change on POE reddit has destroyed it

Seldom post, long time reader of the forum and enjoyer of the game :)

I do have to say incredibly surprised on the NSFW change to the PoE reddit. I do understand the whole trying to stick it to the man mentality but, there are plenty of people who can't be bothered to have an account, don't care about upvotes or reddit drama. Those that enjoy checking out the threads from time to time for interesting ideas or just game related materials, myself being one of them. Unable to even get to the forum section now due to the NSFW tag, and like many others, have now lost a section of info for the game. Thanks Reddit Mods, while I understand what is happening, the degree to which you sank to throw it back to Reddit CEO has in essence done the same thing you are trying to prevent from happening, killing the forum. Sadge :(
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2023, 2:52:08 PM
you can still view reddit via app

I forget my reddit password and don't bother to recover it yet, so that download the app is the way

Unsure third party app can do the same job or not
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
The time it took you to create this thread probably was longer than the time to create an account. I imagine there is some principle stopping you from doing it though. Perhaps because of that, you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something.
Hmm, i just assumed it was reddit trying to push their app as this has happened on and off with other popular pages for me over the last year+
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
i don't think it's the nsfw tag. it feels like all the other subreddits i visit are either fairly dead or at least have much reduced activity. personally, i used this opportunity of the "reddit blackout" to stop derping on reddit so much and wasting all that precious time. i'm sure many other people did something similar. also, the league is super dead and people are just not thinking much of poe right now.
"
Nubatron wrote:
The time it took you to create this thread probably was longer than the time to create an account. I imagine there is some principle stopping you from doing it though. Perhaps because of that, you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something.

"
The time it took you to create this thread probably was longer than the time to create an account.

This doesn't invalidate OP's concerns.

"
I imagine there is some principle stopping you from doing it though.

Who cares? It's their right not wanting to create an account for something that doesn't require an account.

"
you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something

If they were really sticking to their principles, the sub would still be in lockdown; they would have put their principles above their mod seats.
However, they did not. They opened the sub as soon as they felt threatened.
They're virtue-signalling cowards who value power over principles, making it worse for every redditor in the process.
Last edited by Buissonix on Jul 2, 2023, 8:42:13 PM
somebody took a dumpster fire and lit it on fire?????
oh man
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
you can understand someone else sticking to their principles on something

If they were really sticking to their principles, the sub would still be in lockdown; they would have put their principles above their mod seats.
They're virtue-signalling cowards who value power over principles, making it worse for every redditor in the process.
[/quote]

Did anyone expect anything else though? Reddit is full of mods who have so little to do they think they mean anything for a company as big as reddit.
Why am I still here
I just stopped going, Nubatron is right it is easy to make an account but frankly I shouldn't have to - even a fake one lol.

But realistically i'll only miss the comedy the rest of it is psychological warfare to convince players div/hr is all that matters :p /s
"
Buissonix wrote:

Reddit has already forcibly replaced mods from different comminities because the admins decided that forcing a blackout was in breach of their ToS.

PoE Reddit mods decided that they would rather keep knowledgeable people moderating the subreddit, than quit and leave everything in the hands of someone who doesn't even know what game this is.
The community voted in favour of the NFSW tag so that everything will still be accessible to users and players, but the subreddit will not generate ad revenue for Reddit itself.

In my opinion this choice is the best compromise everyone could've made. Is it a hassle that every single poe-related post is now blurred or not accessible without logging in? Yes. Am i against the decision? No.
As a developer, I personally feel for all the 3rd party devs, and all the 3rd party app users, that got screwed by Reddit with these new changes.
Paying between 3000$ and 4000$ a DAY to keep an app running, without beeing able to use ads to monetize the app, relying on subscriptions alone, to have only a part of the whole Reddit content is, honestly, an insult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info