Diablo 4 is horrible....

"
Reinhart wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu2Qh8ntZTM

A reason why this game won't last long is there is no economy whatsoever.

Lol yeah D4 should be dead soon. It was fun while it lasted
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
There's nothing to do once you've ground out renown and have a basic build ready. The game ends at level 70 (or earlier) once you've entered WT4. Popping the 175 mystery chests in Helltides is fun. Strongholds are fun but you only do them once. Dungeons are not fun. Nightmare dungeons are also not fun and the scaling is stupid.

EXP grind meta is running the same dungeon 30 times per hour in a group - in the next patch you can no longer do this. The unethical EXP grind meta is to get an infinite cellar event which is also being removed in the next patch. With new scaling in nightmare dungeons + instant travel the exp meta will be playing sanctum no hit runs (because everything oneshots you) in nightmare dungeons way above your level. No thanks I'll work on my game backlog instead. Hopefully they will put resources into sustaining and improving the game. Right now D4 is what Diablo Immortal should've been and not much more.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
There's nothing to do once you've ground out renown and have a basic build ready. The game ends at level 70 (or earlier) once you've entered WT4. Popping the 175 mystery chests in Helltides is fun. Strongholds are fun but you only do them once. Dungeons are not fun. Nightmare dungeons are also not fun and the scaling is stupid.

EXP grind meta is running the same dungeon 30 times per hour in a group - in the next patch you can no longer do this. The unethical EXP grind meta is to get an infinite cellar event which is also being removed in the next patch. With new scaling in nightmare dungeons + instant travel the exp meta will be playing sanctum no hit runs (because everything oneshots you) in nightmare dungeons way above your level. No thanks I'll work on my game backlog instead. Hopefully they will put resources into sustaining and improving the game. Right now D4 is what Diablo Immortal should've been and not much more.

DiabloImmoral, you hit the proverbial nail on the head. Kudos.
Streaming Path of Exile on Twitch: Twitch.tv/ActionRPGs

“There are only two great tragedies in life: one is not getting what you want and the other is getting it.” ―Oscar Wilde
I got terminally bored during the beta. I won't pay for it at this price. Probably won't buy it at all. You can get other games that are better for the same money. I say probably won't because they may improve it down the line and put it on sale later. Still not sure I'd buy it or play it.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I got terminally bored during the beta. I won't pay for it at this price. Probably won't buy it at all. You can get other games that are better for the same money. I say probably won't because they may improve it down the line and put it on sale later. Still not sure I'd buy it or play it.

I am so glad PoE exists for you. 100%.

Otoh I am closing on 300** hours in DIV. The handcrafted depth of the world blew me away. The sparse, predictable but inoffensive main plot was a nice ride -- I, the infamous ARPG bottom feeder and world explorer, skipped every side task for the last *third* of the main campaign. I was that into it. So for me Act V felt insanely short compared to the others. It wasn't -- I just beelined for the plot beats. I do not do that in ARPGs by and large. Act VI paid off pretty big and frankly the "tbc" ending was no more cliffhangery than D2's.

I haven't been bored by DIV once. Not. Once.

I believe neither of us are any better or worse at playing and enjoying ARPGs. We just want different things from them. Right now I am getting exactly what I want from an ARPG. For my friends here, my fellow Exiles, I desperately want PoE 4.0 to give you the joy DIV gave and gives me.

Edit: my bad, thats my ER time. DIV is barely 100. Still, point remains valid.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on Jun 24, 2023, 8:04:43 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:

>game up for less than a month, complains he didn't find anything
>liked the d2 because of chase items

There is some weird disconnect happening to ppl... its quite interesting
"
AintCare wrote:

>game up for less than a month, complains he didn't find anything
>liked the d2 because of chase items

There is some weird disconnect happening to ppl... its quite interesting

He is talking about the fact that loot is tailored for your class, minimizing the chance you find something for a different class to restart or sell to other player.

Your comment doesn't change the fact the D4 economy is barebones and as dead as POE HC.

If Path of Exile didn't have trading, I would just play campaign a couple of times and be gone. No point in playing endgame as the only thing you can do is a very small chance to find anything better. Rest of gear becomes pointless, gold becomes pointless. Not worth my time. There are much better singleplayer rpg's out there.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/i-dont-knowitems-are-boring-without-an-economy/59744/14

I am pretty sure if Diablo 4 was just a tetris game with the Lilith cutscenes, people will still throw money at the game.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Jun 24, 2023, 5:27:39 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:

No Economy is fine, but it has to be like D3. You need competition. You have to have something other than just character progression.

D3 had leaderboards, Grifts, etc. It was their niche. PoE has economy. You could easily enjoy both games.

Problem with D4, is they abandoned the large reason D3 worked in the first place, and are more akin to Lost Ark and MMO character progression than Arpgs. And you cant have that. You need something to work towards, be it amassing wealth or pushing a leaderboard.

I know people here like to pretend D3 wasnt successful or a widely played game, but thats just not true. It might be true in 2023, but it wasnt in 2012-2016/18 for sure.

D4 has to reclaim the D3 niche, IMO. It needs leaderboards for the nightmare dungeons. It needs competition and some kind of carrot to reward pushing. Right now the main problem is there isnt anything to work towards and being an Arpg the character progression can be brute forced through in a much smaller time than your average MMO like a Lost Ark, which your continually working towards bigger bosses.

I dont think it necessarily needs punishing Grifts, where you get less loot for failing, but it could stand to have leaderboards that if people want to push them they can and if people didnt, there would be no detriment to doing so.

Last edited by Destructodave on Jun 24, 2023, 9:13:20 AM
No question D3 was successful. Only a fool would deny it.

I skipped it at first because of the horrible things I heard about it plus I was skeptical about it from the beginning. When I bought it later, it was after RoS. I played it and enjoyed for a few weeks then never really got into it again. I'm like that with most games anyway or I would have no life. I don't play games as much anymore so the time that I do put in is more precious.

The older I get, the more I resent games like PoE that tempt me to waste more time playing!
Censored.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

This is a you problem. D4 was never going to satisfy the itch that PoE 40/40 players have. In fact I would argue nothing will ever satisfy this kind of player. There will always be "nothing left to do" after hundreds of hours. It's impossible for a developer to design around this type of content consumption.

Most people are not even done with T3 let alone min/max ancestral items in T4, or multiple characters. The game modes like Helltides and NM dungeon's have multiple purposes. Crafting, and Glyph leveling, for example. "Fun" is subjective, especially if you have personally sucked it out by doing whatever meta thing there was to do, and consuming it all as fast as humanly possible in a couple of weeks. Isn't the building of the character, and experiencing the world as you go the "fun" part? Is sitting in a forever cellar for hours until you max level and then complain there is nothing to do really an honest measuring stick? Not for me, and likely not for Millions of others. We just log in and have a good time. Sorry you are not, or at least not anymore.

So really just do whatever you want. You gave Blizzard your money and time already. You finished D4 for this season. Chalk it up to a virtual 40/40 and move on with FF16 or whatever else you have in your backlog.

To be honest, nothing is going to be good enough to fill that gaming hole you have. It's an abyss.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 24, 2023, 2:16:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info