Until PoE2 comes, this game is toast (at least for me)

TBH the people chilling for D4 are very unaware of just how many red flags this game has.

I tested the beta by buying a KFC to a friend that live in the US just to be sure I give as less money as I could to Blizzard.

I don,t even want to give that game money until they proven they won't have P2W aspect in it. TBH I don,t even know if I ever will.

-The wow token is very likely to reapear there.
-The challenge pass will likely change to incorporate P2W elements at some points
-They already sell access to the game earlier (why wouldn't they do it for leagues?)

Just having Blizzard making the game is enough to dodge that and fear touching it with a 2m pole.

I have no idea how people still buy products from them and complain again and again and again. You should have learned your lesson atleast a decade ago.
Last edited by axeltt012 on May 26, 2023, 3:49:02 PM
"
I gave in into this mentality...

It's hard to get rid of that mentality once it manifests itself. But you can alter/limit it. I was able to, and play the game the way I want to play it, not the way the streamers tell me to play it. But the best medicine/cure against the efficiency chase is probably to play SSF for a while, or - as you seem to have chosen; quit/take a break.

We all need to take a step back once in a while.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
axeltt012 wrote:
TBH the people chilling for D4 are very unaware of just how many red flags this game has.

Many red flags? Such as?

And P2W? LOL. FFS as it is right now, PoE has more P2W aspects than D4, which currently has ZERO. None.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

It's hard to get rid of that mentality once it manifests itself. But you can alter/limit it. I was able to, and play the game the way I want to play it, not the way the streamers tell me to play it. But the best medicine/cure against the efficiency chase is probably to play SSF for a while, or - as you seem to have chosen; quit/take a break.

It's sound advice. I've been thinking to do that, try SSF and disengage from noise.

People say "it's me problem". Part of it is. Other part is PoE setup of the core game which became frustrating to me.
It's calibrated for long playing hours and trade. Pushing the difficulty level up if you want things to drop and progress. Constantly being butt clenched while playing.
I remember some different times, more chill times this game had. Was more fun.

I'll try at least.

PS
To the rest of you Exiles, Tala Moana. I read replies and ty for the input.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on May 26, 2023, 5:26:40 PM
"
axeltt012 wrote:

I tested the beta by buying a KFC to a friend that live in the US just to be sure I give as less money as I could to Blizzard.

I don,t even want to give that game money until they proven they won't have P2W aspect in it. TBH I don,t even know if I ever will.

-The wow token is very likely to reapear there.
-The challenge pass will likely change to incorporate P2W elements at some points
-They already sell access to the game earlier (why wouldn't they do it for leagues?)

Just having Blizzard making the game is enough to dodge that and fear touching it with a 2m pole.

I have no idea how people still buy products from them and complain again and again and again. You should have learned your lesson atleast a decade ago.

So you actively hate blizzard with such a passion you... paid money to try their game?

Hoho indeed

You are playing PoE 2
"
axeltt012 wrote:

Cause people still live in 2015 ,or even further in the past, and believe that blizzard wants to offers top notch games to players. Knowing blizzard it won't take long for them to abandon and ruin yet another somewhat okay game of their own.

But I give the folks a couple of weeks, patches , paid dlcs or paid whatever until they realize that D4 is not the cherry on top of the cake they were hoping for.

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 27, 2023, 11:46:41 AM
"

It's calibrated for long playing hours and trade. Pushing the difficulty level up if you want things to drop and progress. Constantly being butt clenched while playing.

I'll try at least.

If that's the issue maybe just lower your goals a bit? When using trade pretty much anything below uber content is like super easy to achieve within 2-4 weeks even with casual playtime levels of like 1 hour a day or even less. And uber content isn't even particularly profitable unless you can do it early on, the few good items you can get there can just be bought via trade. Just don't make Magebloods and mirrors your goal and your butt should be able to relax quite a bit.
"
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

It's sound advice. I've been thinking to do that, try SSF and disengage from noise.

People say "it's me problem". Part of it is. Other part is PoE setup of the core game which became frustrating to me.

I'll try at least.

PS
To the rest of you Exiles, Tala Moana. I read replies and ty for the input.

The issue with the game is its Macguffin model.
Just create a new sound, call it Kuchu.

You now need 100% Kuchu defense.
If you have 99% Kuchu defense you will be one shot.
Kuchu takes the same prefix or suffix spot as fire/lightning/cold so you will need to sacrifice one to be Kuchu immune.

Most maps have large patches of Kuchu sitting around on the ground, the game mechanic so if you interact with it you will die to Kuchu while your windows are obscuring your view and preventing you from moving.

All mobs now convert 50% of all their damage types to Kuchu so you will die instantly if you don't get the 100%.

There are new Kuchu defense nodes on the tree located so that if you path to them your character is guaranteed to have multiple holes in the build that will brick your character.

There is also Kuchua its the dot of Kuchu and works on a whole other mechanic
you can be 100% Kuchu imune but Kuchua its damage over time but will kill you instantly and you need 100% Kuchua damage over time defense or ... One Shot.

The game loop is now just Stat Gates for pointless stats.
a binary on/off for resistances , have it or dead.

Im of the opinion the game purposely and maliciously spawns mobs designed to kill your character based of your gems and stats. The game feels malicious and broken. Artificially injecting a inappropriate mob or handful of mobs into maps specifically to just "Kill the Player" not provide challenge or a puzzle.

Nope.. One shot with no indication of why .... yeah you just melted 500 mobs on this level ... and ... then ... BOOM Dead ...
WTF was that !!!!! perhaps i was low health or ......
walk back BOOM dead ...
ok I just lost 45 minutes of game play there, thats the mob i need to finish the unlock of the crucible tree ill just go back and carefully ... BOOM dead.

There must be some mistake im 75/75/75/50 ...
Nope no mistake..

The better move is not to play with the current state of the game.
It now pay to win, it makes no difference if you pay dollars, yen , or chaos orbs , pay to win is pay to win .. and PoE is a p2w model now its how you win vs broken mechanics .... bypass them .. win by playing less and paying more.

Last edited by Jitter912 on May 27, 2023, 12:19:30 PM
Well I for one *am* excited about PoE2 for a big reason: namely the gearing and new gem system.

+3 bows can now hold 4 6-links, up from 1. So now you can have a dedicated single-target skill in there *and* your clear skill in there *and* a separate mirage archer skill in there *and* a totem skill in there.

Or, if you play a 1H weapon build, you can now have a clear skill (like cobra lash or frost blades) *and* a dedicated single target melee-ish skill like molten strike or viper strike, which completely blows the doors open for various types of builds that felt awful when limited to one 6L (well, frost blades sucks because its single target is rancid, and OTOH, molten strike is rancid b/c its clear is rancid).

I do think that PoE2 will revitalize that aspect of exploration.

That, or just the fact that PoE is a mature game and content creators will create content.

This is why I wish for recombinators to return--suddenly, your off-meta build might give you an enormous leg up in being that much cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info