Until PoE2 comes, this game is toast (at least for me)

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

because they got excluded from a big event

Oh for fucks sake. Big event lol.

I hope they do something special for the alpha and special invite folks. Maybe send them a mini statue... /s

This is so outrageous, the crying and whining from small group of players trying to get their way.

Oh well. As I said before, whatever the fuck you want to call this "event" 99.9997% of people won't care in the slightest.

As you said before.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself, but you belittle the concerns of people you don't even know.

If I had paid extra for early access to something, only to find that meant I was retroactively barred from participating in an anticipated race event, I would be livid.

But D4 is the "PoE Killer" you love so well, so it's alright, because that one aspect of the game, fleeting and insignificant, doesn't affect you.

That says a lot more about you than it does about any of us who see a failure on Blizzivision's part with regard to this. Or, who see the habit of constantly "crying and whining" about GGG, its business model, its business relationships, and every little misstep as more than a bit disingenuous, given that you played this league enough to rack up a fair number of Challenges.

I hope you find in D4 what you don't find in PoE. But D4 isn't perfect, and excusing its flaws while lingering on this forum to throw dirt at PoE and those of us who happen to enjoy it reflects poorly on you.

You can have whatever last word you like. I'm done with you. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Anyone who believes D4 is going to kill PoE are just as delusional as those who think PoE2 will be any different from the first.

ActiBlizz canned Blizzard North, the devs who made D2, and proceeded to make D3 that's designed more around appealing to casuals. Everything's been streamlined, no skills can be leveled up and some of the more complex mechanics like creating corpses for exploding or creating skeletons were outright removed for more simplistic "only button do something" gameplay.

This didn't change when Diablo Immoral came out later, except now they've dived completely into P2W monetization by giving players the ability to sidestep around the unrealistic amount of grind that's so bad it makes Warframe blush.

If you pre-ordered the game, you're a moron. A moronic moron that just told ActiBlizz they can get away with anything by giving them your fucking money.

If you think D4 will somehow live up to Diablo 2's legacy, you're an absolute fool. PoE caters to more hardcore gamers while D4 will undoubtedly appeal to the extreme casuals on the opposite end of this spectrum. The game will obviously pull some of the PoE playerbase away to try it, but they will all come crawling back when they realize its the same shallow shit they've been spoonfeeding you since D3. However, PoE will not be earning any new players since it's far too complex (and horrendously convoluted) for any still-loyal Diablo fans.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on May 30, 2023, 2:16:28 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

because they got excluded from a big event

Oh for fucks sake. Big event lol.

I hope they do something special for the alpha and special invite folks. Maybe send them a mini statue... /s

This is so outrageous, the crying and whining from small group of players trying to get their way.

Oh well. As I said before, whatever the fuck you want to call this "event" 99.9997% of people won't care in the slightest.

As you said before.

You don't speak for anyone but yourself, but you belittle the concerns of people you don't even know.

If I had paid extra for early access to something, only to find that meant I was retroactively barred from participating in an anticipated race event, I would be livid.

But D4 is the "PoE Killer" you love so well, so it's alright, because that one aspect of the game, fleeting and insignificant, doesn't affect you.

That says a lot more about you than it does about any of us who see a failure on Blizzivision's part with regard to this. Or, who see the habit of constantly "crying and whining" about GGG, its business model, its business relationships, and every little misstep as more than a bit disingenuous, given that you played this league enough to rack up a fair number of Challenges.

I hope you find in D4 what you don't find in PoE. But D4 isn't perfect, and excusing its flaws while lingering on this forum to throw dirt at PoE and those of us who happen to enjoy it reflects poorly on you.

You can have whatever last word you like. I'm done with you. ='[.]'=

And I will take that last word. I had written a lot more, but in the end it wasn't worth it, given the ridiculousness of the situation being discussed.

This isn't about you, or me, or even whomever might be "livid" they missed out on some rando limited-edition trophy of their self-accomplishment. I'm not here to validate anyone's feelings, it's my opinion on the matter. You clearly feel differently. I doubt highly you actually care what I think anyways, and if so, it should be very easy to understand the same goes the other way.

So yeah, do some people care? Of course, and I conceded that point. Do many millions not give a single fuck what dude gets his name engraved on a trophy stuck somewhere at "Blizzvision". You don't need to answer, because despite all the bloviating, you know that they don't. This entire thing has been blown out of proportion. I don't know what's so difficult about conceding the point that the amount of people that care about this is TINY in comparison to the overall number of expected players?

As for the more personal notes you struck with me, well, that's on you. You decide what to write. I can't control that. I don't think it elevates your arguments at all, but again, you do you.

If you (or whomever else) want to view Blizzard and D4 as a failure, go ahead. That won't change reality of what's going to happen in a couple days. Maybe it will fail, maybe some of my posts will age like milk, then again, maybe it will be a historic launch. Maybe it will re-home many casual and average players that feel alienated in the arpg market currently. We will find out sooner rather than later.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Anyone who believes D4 is going to kill PoE are just as delusional as those who think PoE2 will be any different from the first.

ActiBlizz canned Blizzard North, the devs who made D2, and proceeded to make D3 that's designed more around appealing to casuals. Everything's been streamlined, no skills can be leveled up and some of the more complex mechanics like creating corpses for exploding or creating skeletons were outright removed for more simplistic "only button do something" gameplay.

This didn't change when Diablo Immoral came out later, except now they've dived completely into P2W monetization by giving players the ability to sidestep around the unrealistic amount of grind that's so bad it makes Warframe blush.

If you pre-ordered the game, you're a moron. A moronic moron that just told ActiBlizz they can get away with anything by giving them your fucking money.

If you think D4 will somehow live up to Diablo 2's legacy, you're an absolute fool. PoE caters to more hardcore gamers while D4 will undoubtedly appeal to the extreme casuals on the opposite end of this spectrum. The game will obviously pull some of the PoE playerbase away to try it, but they will all come crawling back when they realize its the same shallow shit they've been spoonfeeding you since D3. However, PoE will not be earning any new players since it's far too complex (and horrendously convoluted) for any still-loyal Diablo fans.

D4 is literally the opposite of a PoE killer because Blizzard does all the marketing and hyping to bring in people into the ARPG space, but those dissatisfied by replaying a casual game go looking for something with more depth and complexity.

D3's release lead to the increased exposure to PoE's closed beta and gave it a huge boost of support help making it the game it is today. D4 has a early access beta and not long after PoE hits a concurrency record on a 5th league of the expansion.

The release of D4 is going to do wonders for PoE2.
"
Hackusations wrote:

D4 is literally the opposite of a PoE killer because Blizzard does all the marketing and hyping to bring in people into the ARPG space, but those dissatisfied by replaying a casual game go looking for something with more depth and complexity.

D3's release lead to the increased exposure to PoE's closed beta and gave it a huge boost of support help making it the game it is today. D4 has a early access beta and not long after PoE hits a concurrency record on a 5th league of the expansion.

The release of D4 is going to do wonders for PoE2.

I never thought of it that way. The more I think about it the more I think that you very well could be onto something. Diablo 4 will convert many gamers into ARPG gamers and then many of those will eventually move to PoE. You very well could be right!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm a bit more pessimistic: D4 release will certainly see an immediate downtick in PoE players, but then after a few weeks there will probably be an uptick (or it may take an entire league). BUT then those players that come to PoE or BACK to PoE from D4 are going to see how outdated sooooo much of the systems in THIS game are...and we are going to see another round of massive raging from streamers/players/etc. D4 has this so why doesn't PoE have it?!

Say what you will about D3 or D4, you may hate it or you may love it, its fact that it has a TON more QoL and modern systems that don't exist and possibly will NEVER exist in PoE.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 30, 2023, 9:08:57 PM
years ago players considered niche stuff like a transparent mini map or a buff pet which re applied your 30 minute lasting buffs consumables as QoL. And they were happy with that.

But nowadays everything is a so called "QoL" as long as the player gets a large benefit out of it, gets something for almost free, or has to put almost no work into something cause the game plays itself.

"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Say what you will about D3 or D4, you may hate it or you may love it, its fact that it has a TON more QoL and modern systems that don't exist and possibly will NEVER exist in PoE.

Cause the game is just fine without the so called "QoL" things D3 and D4 has to offer?
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 30, 2023, 10:08:26 PM
Many players skip leagues in this game. It's perfectly ok to be playing in Delve league, then in Blight league, then in Harvest league, then in Ultimatum league, then in Archnemesis league and then in Sanctum league. Skipping those leagues in between.

And if you're taking such significant breaks you will always go back to a very different game that propably completely changed its endgame progression system, introduced many new league mechanics and crafting tools and flipped build meta upside down.

For me this league is a skipper. Pretty much the same endgame as in 3.20 but without Sanctum. A bunch of extra affixes on my weapon isn't going to make it fun for me. I just don't feel motivated to engage with crucible mechanic at all. It's clunky, it breaks mapping flow, it spawns monsters tougher than the map boss, it's not rewarding 99% of the time. I'm not going to play a glorified standard league.

Hopefully 3.22 brings one of those two things:
1) Significantly alter the endgame. And I mean big time, with old obsolete mechanics axed and newer league mechanics implemented into core (we haven't had a mechanic go properly core since Expedition which is six fucking leagues ago)

2) Introduce a proper league mechanics on its own. A well designed system like Delve or Heist. Not this forgettable shit that's been developed in one Friday afternoon (during a 4-month Sanctum league).
"
Premium Stash tabs are absolutely pay to win, because they confer a gameplay advantage to players who have them.

That being said: the comparison to D4 is a completely unfair one, for a couple of reasons.

1 - There are various levels of "Pay to Win" and they're definitely not equivalent. Owning tons of premium tabs will increase your efficiency (measured in currency over time) in Path of Exile, but it does not convey any direct benefits during boss fights, PVP, etc. As P2W systems go, this is a very light one, not even close to the advantage that would given by starting a league multiple days early.

2 - Path of Exile is a free to play game, and regularly receives free content updates. Diablo 4 costs 70 USD, and it has already been announced that major expansions will cost additional amounts of money (last I heard no price was set, but let's say 30 USD because that's more or less the industry standard). So over 5+ years of Path of Exile, you never have to spend more than the $20 or so it costs to get a few premium tabs, and you'll be at zero disadvantage compared to any other player. Over 5+ years of Diablo 4, you'll spend 10 times that just to play the game.

What would you axe, what would all of you axe?

Innocence forgives you
"
Pashid wrote:

Cause the game is just fine without the so called "QoL" things D3 and D4 has to offer?

You are absolutely right...but "just fine" isn't good enough, nor is it modern. D2 is still "just fine" to play for me, but it is certainly dated.

For a game like PoE that updates every 3 months, it attempts to stay modern and competitive in a rapidly changing genre. "just fine" works, but it is not good enough. Why do I still need to click THOUSANDS of times to craft an item? Sure, it functions fine right now but is it necessary? So many games are now switching over to blocking a mod you want and automating the process because...sitting there clicking for 30 minutes only to roll over mods accidentally because you lost focus in the monotony, or getting carpal tunnel from the repeated action....its just all so old-fashioned. This is just one example but there are plenty of others that could make PoE so much BETTER with minimal impact on the overall game itself. But GGG has proven themselves unwilling to add "comfort" into the game. Newer games take comfort and streamlined processes into the forefront even before the game is released.

I cant possibly see why its a bad thing for GGG to LEARN from what makes OTHER games so great (maybe not great, but at least more comfortable), and make smart feelgood changes. Vacuum loot is a great leap forward in certain league mechanics (a feature which D3 did literally a DECADE earlier), but there are so many little things in PoE where a little care, modernization, and comfort would hurt nothing about the actual game or gameplay.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 31, 2023, 11:26:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info