So there is no way crucible is going to become a permanent mechanic right?

If mechanics go core, people will whine about the bloat. If they don't go core, people whine about that too like it's an established standard in the gaming industry that league mechanics in an ARPG have to go core.

Personally, I'm GLAD that Scourge, Kalandra, Sanctum and Crucible didn't/won't go core. I don't see anything wrong with having temporary mechanics. I don't see anything wrong with having temporary toys to play with for a while. Hell, that's the whole idea with leagues, right? Making it feel different than the last? Provide new/different solutions/builds?

Now, when it comes to the quality of the latest leagues, I think they know as well as us that several of them have been sub-par. If that's one of the reasons for them not going core, I don't want to speculate in. But I don't think it would be crazy to claim that the more they add into the game now, the harder it would be to implement, brush and balance everything into PoE 2.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Someone with 30+ level 90 characters using one of the few meta skills that requires low investment complaining that it makes the game too easy...

I feel like the OP perfectly demonstrates why the devs struggle to make a game for anyone but super dedicated fans, streamers, etc.

"I want to pump thousands of hours into the game, use the most broken skills, refine it over multiple leagues, follow guides for everything, and I still want it to be really hard"

How do you balance that AND have a game anyone can play without that investment?
i doubt we will see another mechanic go core before poe2
pretty much from scourge till now (other than the ill fated archnem) no league has gone core

ill be surprised if they let this gear even go to standard i expect them to wipe it
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
its 100 % going core just with nerfs. They didnt put in a half baked league like this to not use it . the crucible mechanic is something they want to add its pretty obvious. Its so boring but we got it anyhow and thats because this is where they want us going with things more rng , more work to make a good item. They will nerf all the really strong stuff.
If it wont go core then its going to be more lame in standard with more legacy op items.

Personally i see enough flags for it going standard, but its pretty op, so....
We have seen what,one patch since the league start? With as little as they are doing with the league I doubt we will see it after it is over.
If they keep it, they'll need to either nerf it to oblivion, or buff everything else so that a weapon skill tree is basically mandatory for end game.

Some version of item skill trees is likely going to be a part of PoE2, however.
In my opinion, crucible is missing the basic "kill monsters get loot" that the best leagues have, like legion and sentinel. Crucible has good weapon crafting, but the in map mechanic is missing flavor and snappyness.

You have to stop everything to channel, and then no loot drops, and then your inventory is clogged with a weapon.

It is clunky and flavorless.
I think it is quite obvious at this point that POE 1 is basically one big POE 2 testing sandbox. Making new mechanics core is just extra work that they would rather put in to POE 2. No new mechanics will go core and you can assume that every new league mechanic or event is tailor made to test design ideas for POE 2. It is the only strategically logical thing to do if you are developing a new game while still maintaining a live update game.

So no, crucible won't go core but we will likely see it in some iteration in POE 2. Same for Sanctum, same for the lake.
Mhh... I agree with others here, that it might go core, but with nerfs.
The other option would be, that the season is a test balloon for PoE2, where they wanted to add something like this, but require more data on how it will work out.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info