3.21.0c Hotfix

"
"
The build that is using this skill is still capable of triggering twice as many Twisters as it could pre-Crucible.

This is completely inaccurate. In your Kalandra BotW, it was already at up to 15 procs a second. 100ms cd is making it so you can't even hit 15 without significant CD investment, and definitely not 30.

Or are you just referring to using triggerbots? In that case why not just disable it when using trigger bots instead of destroying the whole archetype with other ascendancies that's only triggering it once from their character?

As you said, mid-league nerfs should be done carefully.

Edit: In fact, this affects non-sabo versions of the build much more since you don't have the CD reduction on ascendency, which drives more people to play it with triggerbot, which creates more load.

Exactly this. Their statement is either a blatant lie or they didn't even try to do the math. For those of you unaware, this is effectively 80% LESS damage than what people were running before this hotfix, and the skill isn't even that strong lmao
How is it that this dies but wardloop has lived through multiple leagues? Yeah I know that wardloop has had some damage nerfs but it's remained possible to trigger multiple different spells incredibly fast whereas this gets absolutely dunked on...
So hard-capping the trigger rate at a third of what it was DOESN'T come with any sort of damage increase to make up for gutting a build? Seriously?

It's only capable of doing twice as many twisters as before because of triggerbots and their terrible minion AI, and it hard-locks you into one class instead of having options. This is the opposite of build diversity.

Lower the trigger rate for the sake of the servers. Fine, I get it. But if this was necessary due to server problems then it needs a damage buff. If you guys want to stand by your very good mantra of "no mid-league balance changes," then the twister skill itself NEEDS a damage buff to compensate.
Last edited by thundermonkey on Apr 14, 2023, 3:01:33 AM
Typically I won't comment on patch, but it is too stupid I have to.

just put a damage buff to compensate the trigger nerf if you really believe in your own words "no balancing mid league"
"
thundermonkey wrote:
So hard-capping the trigger rate at a third of what it was DOESN'T come with any sort of damage increase to make up for gutting a build? Seriously?

It's only capable of doing twice as many twisters as before because of triggerbots and their terrible minion AI, and it hard-locks you into one class instead of having options. This is the opposite of build diversity.

even my unborn son can do a better balancing job with there clear numbers on the table.
What an awful change, to wake up and see that one's build is fucked. Surely there has to be a beter way.
While it makes sense why they did this, the build wasn't particularly strong to begin with. This needs to be accompanied by a damage buff to compensate.
I have made a twister build before and it's pathetically bad

Not only that but GGG has nerfed poison overall via poison mastery nerfs

GGG nerfs and never buffs

Crucible trees are no excuse

I have ran over 100 maps and made tons of crucible items

Not one of them was useable

The most any of my own crucible trees would give is a tiny dmg increase

Yet GGG ninja buffed and changed a ton of mobs

Oh well here's another nerf for a build I wasn't playing

It was barely playable before, now it's just flat out bad

It's causing server issues? Fine nerf it's CD.....

Then buff it to compensate this mid-league nerf? Hello?
Last edited by Bloomania on Apr 14, 2023, 3:33:58 AM
I'm getting back the dozens of divines I invested in this build as well, right?

Right, GGG?
Last edited by gabpla111 on Apr 14, 2023, 3:34:45 AM
So the damage is getting buffed, right? Necessary nerf or not, it needs compensation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info