system requirements for PoE2

Greetings GGG,
it would be highly appreciated, if anyone from the technical dev team could shed some light on what we can expect in terms of hardware requirements for patch 4.0!
Mainly, what is going to be the GPU/CPU threshold for a constantly high refresh rate at 1440p/4K? Also, how much VRAM will be needed for max texture settings and global illumination?
With Exilecon around the corner I would imagine the stage of PoE2 and it's updated game engine to be far enough down the development pipeline to give some helpful hints at least:) thank you
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2024, 4:44:26 AM
You will need an amd ryzen 7800x3d tech to sustain high refresh rate due to poe2 will have the same engine and calculations as poe so unless you have the amd tech your game experience will be bad.

and likely a 7900xtx/4090.

cpu takes precedence tho
"
skjutengris wrote:
cpu takes precedence tho

I definitely agree on the matter of CPU req. Especially in high density maps with all sorts of things happening all at once you need a 5800x3d/12900k minimum.
However, after seeing initial hw osd tests done in several D4 beta gameplays, I am quite optimistic about VRAM and overall GPU power requirements.
4090 will be outdated when POE 2 release.
"
cursorTarget wrote:
4090 will be outdated when POE 2 release.

lol. it won't be outdated. 4090 is more than enough.
"
Greetings GGG,
it would be highly appreciated, if anyone from the technical dev team could shed some light on what we can expect in terms of hardware requirements for patch 4.0!

As with the current game they'll give (at best) the barest minimum to get the game to run.

If they ever gave a recommended spec the player would be crying a lot harder because at the end of the day system specs are only part of getting anything to run let alone run well.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
If you play in 4k, the 4090 with DLSS is enough, if not, it's better to wait for the 5090.

Processor 7800X3D, or better 7950X3D(8 cores for gaming CCD0, 8 cores for other tasks CCD1)

"
dämätscha wrote:

lol. it won't be outdated. 4090 is more than enough.

In native resolution, 4k is not enough, if you want to play at 144 fps.

Better wait for the next generation and grab the topmost segment, you can't go wrong.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
Last edited by spokipo on Nov 22, 2023, 10:21:39 AM
I hope to god GGG adds DLSS to PoE2 :S
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
"
Cowrex wrote:
I hope to god GGG adds DLSS to PoE2 :S

Yeah, we want graphical artefacts in PoE!
"
cursorTarget wrote:

Yeah, we want graphical artefacts in PoE!

In DLSS 3.5, they are imperceptible.
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info