3.20.0b Patch Notes (restartless)

No loot buffs?

Very disappointing that all these chests we keep opening have no items inside.

Sanctum currently feels very lacking in reward for how punishing it feels when you lose Resolve or Fail entirely on the 1st floor.

Just saying, all these Minor and Major treasure chests need to be dropping loot along the journey.

This Sanctum doesn't feel very Forbidden right now.
Hmm... all these "controller input method" fixes just before the console launch (which is on .0 hotfix 10).

I suspect us console plebs are going to be in for some annoyances until this patch drops on console.
"
Fixed a bug where Metamorphs could have the Mirror Images modifier.

This was absolutely bonkers.
No loot buffs? Literally feels like standard.

Time invested feels very unrewarding and the resolve mechanic does not gel with POE gameplay.
I wish you buff the loot more and it's worth playing poe while dragon flight is on -.-
Still no reason to play the sanctum league mechanic.

I'll just keep blasting maps with magic find on a walking simulator build.
Ten times the reward for zero effort.
_______
Edit:
"
deadunion wrote:
While Resolve seems good, (not punishing weaker players with death), it's also entirely against Melee and Defensive characters.

ps. I Told You So.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Dec 14, 2022, 5:07:05 PM
could we get a patch to make sanctum more rewarding? it's a complete snoozefest where a single room takes way too long to finish just to get three fusings in the end.
Sanctum still an incredibly unrewarding mechanic for the challenge it represents. No significant loot, no significant progress, only an endless list of affictions, unclear and poorly visible attacks, random off-scree bullets. Currently a waste of time and a bad light on the direction this game wants to take
I feel like this league was designed by the same people who want Ruthless mode to be a thing. We barely fight any enemies in the league mechanic and we have to play all slow and careful just to not get breathed on. The contrast between blasting maps with altars and league mechanics and this mechanic is insane. It's like I'm playing two different games. Roguelikes are usually slower-paced with telegraphed attacks. A lot of the attacks are telegraphed, but this game is too fast-paced and visual clarity is terrible so good luck dodging them consistently.
"
dachoppa wrote:
could we get a patch to make sanctum more rewarding? it's a complete snoozefest where a single room takes way too long to finish just to get three fusings in the end.

You get three fusings? High roller. Most of the time I get coins that I'll never spend because I'll run out of resolve before I even see a merchant to use it on.

"
jrv209 wrote:
I feel like this league was designed by the same people who want Ruthless mode to be a thing. We barely fight any enemies in the league mechanic and we have to play all slow and careful just to not get breathed on. The contrast between blasting maps with altars and league mechanics and this mechanic is insane. It's like I'm playing two different games. Roguelikes are usually slower-paced with telegraphed attacks. A lot of the attacks are telegraphed, but this game is too fast-paced and visual clarity is terrible so good luck dodging them consistently.

To add on to how unfitting this is, the entire idea of using mouse to both move and target means the constant dodging is very rough on the wrist. You feel compelled to dodge everything, even attacks that would otherwise be irrelevant to you, because of resolve. Then, you have to quit playing it after an hour because your wrist hurts from all the snapping back and forth to facilitate dodging every attack thrown at you.

It just doesn't work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info