widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Depends; if this was giving an unfair advantage vs 16:9 then it should be even completely removed.
This always worked for me to with zero problems.

Revert this change!
"
Universalis wrote:
Depends; if this was giving an unfair advantage vs 16:9 then it should be even completely removed.

Sorry to say so, but you don't know what you are talking about. This is not about giving people their advantage back. The current state of widescreen handling is inacceptable and will in the long run prevent people from playing POE, if not changed. GGG can go any direction with this, but black borders covering 2/5 of the screenspace is the worst solution they could have come up with.

Oh and just so you don't get a wrong idea: Even if people owning an ultra widescreen setup, are not the biggest share of the playerbase right now, they are willing to spend 1-3 grand on monitors alone. Think about what those players would invest in POE.
Last edited by Jocker46 on Aug 22, 2022, 7:30:30 AM
Bump. Fix needed asap!
Bump

I was using 5120x1440 flawlessly in 3.18

Please fix ASAP.

This is killing the game for me.
"
mafoe wrote:
Just use the community workaround.

If I get banned, so be it.

Removing ultra wide support is the single most ****** youve ever done, GGG.

Yeah I'm thinking this might be the way to go if GGG doubles down on this dumb decision and refuses to fix it.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Bump.
Fix pls. Bump.
"
Jocker46 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

Sorry to say so, but you don't know what you are talking about. This is not about giving people their advantage back. The current state of widescreen handling is inacceptable and will in the long run prevent people from playing POE, if not changed. GGG can go any direction with this, but black borders covering 2/5 of the screenspace is the worst solution they could have come up with.

Oh and just so you don't get a wrong idea: Even if people owning an ultra widescreen setup, are not the biggest share of the playerbase right now, they are willing to spend 1-3 grand on monitors alone. Think about what those players would invest in POE.

Till these players don't have a larger field of view on the sides than regular players it will be ok, else be sure someone will point it out.
Maybe formulated like this you will be able to undertand what I am talking about.
"
Universalis wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

Till these players don't have a larger field of view on the sides than regular players it will be ok, else be sure someone will point it out.
Maybe formulated like this you will be able to undertand what I am talking about.

Yepp, i totally get where u are comming from. The game has got to be fair for everyone.

Which is why imo the cursor beeing able to pass thru the black space is totally going in the wrong direction.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info