widescreen resolution removed from the game.

I'm amazed this fell of the first page. GGG Please just fix this game so that we can use our hardware.
Still waiting...

GGG, where you at?
I'd love this as well, i was hugely disappointed to learn PoE didnt just lack, but actually removed the resolution from the game just around the time my monitor arrived.

Still waiting for this change to be reverted.
"
Alysma wrote:
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

Stress mine.

They can't 'revert' the change, so you'll be waiting a real long time. What they need to do is actively change the game to re-implement wider aspect ratios. And while I'd be over the moon if they were to do that asap, it's been a year so I hope no one's holding their breath.

Glad to be wrong though. You honestly never know when GGG might just quietly address a long-running problem.

But they've also a tendency not to, especially given the resource drain of regular leagues+upcoming mega-expansion.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 19, 2022, 8:45:51 PM
Just bumping this back up to first page...
"
"
Alysma wrote:
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

Stress mine.

They can't 'revert' the change, so you'll be waiting a real long time. What they need to do is actively change the game to re-implement wider aspect ratios. And while I'd be over the moon if they were to do that asap, it's been a year so I hope no one's holding their breath.

Glad to be wrong though. You honestly never know when GGG might just quietly address a long-running problem.

But they've also a tendency not to, especially given the resource drain of regular leagues+upcoming mega-expansion.

The game was completely fine until they changed it for no reason. Their excuse is essentially nonsensical PR speak. We've all moved on to other games. The silence of GGG on this issue is absolutely shocking. The longer they go without responding to this thread, the worse it looks for them. It has been 6 months now of 32:9 being intentionally broken.

Last edited by XeoTech on Dec 21, 2022, 3:29:01 PM
I'm pretty sure this decision of GGG was based on a lot of other complain of users that would be going something like "this player is better than me because his/her hardware is better" the exact same as any relatively good person in ANY field will get something similar of "you do better than me because you have so much good tools".

I've been in photography in the past and so much people were complaining that Karl Taylor was so good because he had about a million worth in photography equipment in his studio, he did shots with a cell phone and desk lamp and Kraft paper to put everyone in their place as it was better looking than what we're able to do with a couple of thousands in equipment.

Recently I've started being interested in woodworking and again a youtuber I listen to had the same thing "yeah not everyone have a shop with 30 000$ of equipment" to which he made a craft with only a hand saw, cheap sander, like tools that every home owner have and it ended up pretty pretty good.

This trend of accusing the equipment to complain about not being good and not owning our own flaws or shortcoming is growing quite a lot in the past couple of years. For my part, I'm paying the price for these complains. Being exceptionally good at POE have NOTHING to do with a 32:9. If you want to craft a good piece of gear you have to know SO MUCH freaking stuff. I know a user in game mirrorlya ( I know I butchered his name sry mate) he helped me enormously build a better gear set that finally allowed me to go above lvl 84 were I was stuck for years even with my 32:9. He started explaining the game mechanics to a point were I was like, damn respect mate, I don't understand the start of it. He was crafting stuff worth many Exalted orb while I was farming trying to go above lvl 93 making stuff at a couple of 10 chaos.

He is good, I am not. I have a 3080 OC with 64gb of ram and a 3900x watercooled on a 32:9 monitor at 120hz with a mechanical keyboard with mx speed switch. If hardware was making someone better ... it would have made me better and it didn't at all. I was stuck at the same exact level that I was on my previous old i5 3470 with 16gb of ram and a 1070 mini with a 10years old logitech keyboard and a 16:9 60hz benQ 27 inch monitor. What made me better in the game was his knowledge of how to balance the skill tree and the equipment and how to shop for a good starting crafting gear on the market. I'm not good simply because I don't expect to be good at POE, I don't aspire to it either. I only want to enjoy the game for the visuals and seeing monster just fall from my mage minions and be like mouhahahaha and have a good time.

Anyway, I kind of lost hope about GGG bringing back 32:9. The players count at the start of this league was about the same as previous league, so this move made no harm to GGG and thus they won't care. I'm only utterly disappointed and I feel cheated that a couple months only after I bought supporter pack and got into the game, they made the game unacceptable to play with two gigantic black bar that I look more often since they're so disturbing. It leave me with the same disappointing after taste that CCP ( again 3 letters ... hmmm ) left me when they screwed the walk in station and the industrialist career toward WAR, more WAAAAR, more COMBAAAAT and WAAAAAAAR.

Edit : typo and added my previous screen.
Last edited by Miranina on Dec 21, 2022, 5:40:00 PM
"
XeoTech wrote:

The game was completely fine until they changed it for no reason. Their excuse is essentially nonsensical PR speak. We've all moved on to other games.

Indeed we have, and I couldn't care less about whether or not they do. I was merely pointing out that 'revert' is not the word to use here. That minimises the amount of change GGG themselves feel they'd need to make.

As for threads here and bad looks, GGG know most people don't use the forum compared to the subreddit, and even fewer look beyond General Discussion.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 21, 2022, 6:01:01 PM
Last edited by XeoTech on Dec 23, 2022, 11:37:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info