[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Love this build, super fun, running it right now, I can do most t17 maps and pinnacles as is right now, with a pretty fine budget on it. Getting the ability to farm has let me invest in the build. Late start into the league, but having a blast. Discovered this build in Sanctum, was stoked to see it still going!
edit: found somebody to swap rings
Last edited by Piep on Oct 13, 2024, 8:23:22 AM
How does this build compare to Mjolner Hierophant?(Conner Converse)
1.In terms of tankiness
2.In terms of damage
3.Investment
"
Danlev wrote:
How does this build compare to Mjolner Hierophant?(Conner Converse)
1.In terms of tankiness
2.In terms of damage
3.Investment

To answer that we would need to find the non-existing person who has played both builds.
Hi everyone,

first of, I'd like to thank Kelvynn for this great build, have been playing it in my third league now, and everytime I'm having a blast. From league to league I get a little bit better and am able to progress a bit further :-)
Thanks also to all the others who contribute regularly in this thread with their vast experience, I've learned a lot concerning both this build and the game overall.

That being said, I have some questions concerning my further gear progression.

I've been able to craft a rather decent body armour as well as helmet, all stats being T1.

Gloves are "work in progress", I'm currently trying to recombinator-craft some gloves with dex, int, fire res and energy shield trifecta.

Belt is also WIP, currently only has % increased int, int and strength.

Next would be helical ring, aiming for int, all res, all attr and aspect of the spider. Will get mirrored with Kalandra's Touch.

Once gloves and ring are done, I'll balance resis on gloves, body and helm around with horticrafting to get them right for Wise Oak Flask.

My questions:

1) what would be the best way to continue on the belt? I was thinking of multimod + suffixes can't be changed and then some exalt/anull slam to get max mana, max evasion/ES and something else (no resi!), finishing off with benchcrafted third suffix - which one would be good? I'm not seeing lots of good options...

2) the dual influenced amulet I crafted (Whispers of Doom is still missing) seems to be rather good, but damage in PoB actually goes down from Astramentis, and I fail to see why. Any ideas? Perhaps my config in PoB is wrong, what should be selected?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments!

Edit: spelling
Last edited by Angrenost on Oct 14, 2024, 6:52:24 AM
"
Angrenost wrote:

My questions:

1) what would be the best way to continue on the belt? I was thinking of multimod + suffixes can't be changed and then some exalt/anull slam to get max mana, max evasion/ES and something else (no resi!), finishing off with benchcrafted third suffix - which one would be good? I'm not seeing lots of good options...

2) the dual influenced amulet I crafted (Whispers of Doom is still missing) seems to be rather good, but damage in PoB actually goes down from Astramentis, and I fail to see why. Any ideas? Perhaps my config in PoB is wrong, what should be selected?

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments!

Edit: spelling

1) Belts don't really have any good prefixes. I would try to roll one with T1 strength. If you were to just swap Astramentis, you would be missing little bit of str.

2) This is because you don't have Whispers of Doom on the new amulet. With Astramentis PoB counts your damage with you having 2 curses. With Gloom Locket PoB counts your damage with only one curse.

If you want, you can manually edit the Gloom Locket. Replace
"Implicits: 1"

with
"Implicits: 2
{crafted}Allocates Whispers of Doom"
Hi Cjin, thx for your reply!

1) I already have a belt with T1 strength ;-) (see "Kraken Clasp")
Question was, how to continue crafting it. But since there are no great affixes anyways, I guess I'll go on as mentioned: multimod, suff. can't be changed, then try to get mana and/or eva+es and finish with something like % reduces flask charges gained + % increased effect...

2) yeah, it was the missing Whispers of Doom. My fault - should have been obvious. Thanks for pointing it out!
Damage in PoB goes up by almost 24% - that's rather huge :D
Last edited by Angrenost on Oct 14, 2024, 11:12:57 AM
hey guys any advices to min/max this ?
need further advices but +1 lvl, re-craft helmet

https://pobb.in/u/Bossverdi/SONHAL

and i sometimes change aw area supp w/
Last edited by Bossverdi on Oct 17, 2024, 8:57:45 AM
Heya,

I cant get CwC and Cyclone to work when im casting icestorm nothing happens.

Any idea why it doesnt work? You can check my character to see if I have made some mistakes?
"
Netu wrote:
Heya,

I cant get CwC and Cyclone to work when im casting icestorm nothing happens.

Any idea why it doesnt work? You can check my character to see if I have made some mistakes?

You have to have Cyclone & CwC linked together in the staff, not your tabula rasa.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info