[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Memeinator wrote:
Hey i'm struggling to find my next upgrade rn. PoB here.
https://pobb.in/FlxEx3LTq0PI

In general would just like more damage and tankiness. I have been running t16's pretty consistently but some bosses and rares are slow, and i can't complete mac vevisium nodes rn. Any advice helps, thanks.

You got robbed or you did not pay attention. Your helm has no int on it, same for your gloves. Why do you buy or craft a helm with 300 ES, %int but no int on it? A helm like that needs to have 50+ int. Pls fix our helm and gloves. Also, pls read the guide carefully. Your Cast While Channeling gem is level 19, when you should stop leveling it at 15 or 16. Frost Bomb needs to be lvl 1. Your body armour needs to have an open suffix, so you can craft %attributes on it with the crafting bench. So we only want 50+ int and one resist roll on our body armour, so we can still put that craft on it.

Why do you have two Frostbite gems? In order to use two curses, we pick up Whispers of Doom on the skilltree or anoint it on our amulet. And the second curse is Punishment, which is a red gem. But before you now go ahead and anoint your amulet with Whispers of Doom you should anoint Steelwood Stance until you can afford the more expensive anoint. As for your belt: buy a white one with at least 13-15% int and make sure it has no attribute catalysts on it. Then craft it according to the crafting guide in the gearing section.
You also need to fix your skilltree. Especially the Shadow start needs to be fixed. You only need 2 skillpoints to connect through the int nodes there to get 4 skillpoints back from a respec. You can then use those points to get the jewel socket near Deep Thoughts, buy a cheap Watcher's Eye with "damage taken recouped as mana while affected by clarity" and put it in there. Then you can respec the Dreamer node, which saves you another 4 skillpoints. Which you can then use to go and grab Enigmatic Defenses.
Hey Folks, me being late as always, I am just transitioning into red maps. I have started crafting very early this league, because the ramp up makes this so easy. I am allready on my endgame like chest piece, put before I start really crafting it I wanted to start easy and cheap. Got this perfect base for this:

How do I get 2R 4B on it the cheapest way? My guess is:
5 socket it (should not destroy the link), craft 2R 3B via "at least 2 red and 1 blue" and then 6socket it, if green return to five, like we do for the boots. Any cheaper way?
Last edited by milkytwix on Aug 10, 2024, 6:27:06 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Slowacki wrote:

Thanks for the reply. However, does it make sense to use Frost bomb since we already apply the exposure via Awakened cold penetration? Or is there another purpose to it?

Anti-regen for nasty rares and T17 bosses

Ah ok, thanks!
Here's a new expensive OP upgrade made possible by this league:

It's a Heist base, a ring version of Simplex. Not quite as crazy as Simplex, but not as pricey either.

Crafting it is simple: hit it with Deafening Essence of Spite to get a good resist mod (42%+ before the multiplier, hold Alt to see), annul other suffixes and the prefix that can be bad when turned into a negative value. With 2 target mods (Int and resist) you have a 50/50 chance of success with Reflecting Mist: either both positive values end up on the same ring or not.

Aspect is a fixed mod and can't have a negative value. It stays unchanged on both copies of the ring. So it's just a convenient place for it.

Each ring takes care of one resist in addition to the crazy amount of Int. Then you just need to cap the 3rd resist between the helmet, gloves and belt. Craft cold res on one of the rings to make it easier to keep it on top for The Wise Oak. You can switch the resist type with a cheap Harvest craft before mirroring. Use a high tier mod (46-48%) for cold res.

According to the wiki, mirroring with Reflecting Mist multiplies the mod values by a random value between 1.5 and 2.4. I suspect it's weighted towards the lower values because I've seen mostly 1.5-1.8 and very rarely anything over 2.0.

Quality applies to the Heist bases by adding 20% of the raw mod value without the Heist multiplier. As you can see on the Simplex: it's 26% Int (12*2 + 12*0.2) and not 28% (12*2*1.2).

So, in theory, the luckiest roll you can get on a ring is:
58 (Deafening) * 2.4 (max luck) * 1.7 (Helical plus quality) = 236 Int

But hitting that will take a lot of luck (i.e. currency).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 10, 2024, 2:33:23 PM
First of this is a great build and an even better build guide. I followed it to a T and got exactly the results it claimed to do.

I managed to complete my first t17 with 25d worth of investment. This is on xbox so this will be way cheaper on PC. Crafted everything on my following the guides instructions was a breeze. Honestly A+ guide better than anything you would get on reddit or youtube.

I have a question though would I be able to fit discipline back with what enlighten? So four auras total zealotry, clarity, PoE, and discipline. I'd eventually change it to spider when I have the materials. THANKS!
"
AM13x6553 wrote:
First of this is a great build and an even better build guide. I followed it to a T and got exactly the results it claimed to do.

Two things: CwC stays at level 15 or 16, do not level it any further than that. And Cold Snap stays at level 1 because of mana costs. Even though we trigger it through a CWDT setup, we still have to pay the mana cost for it.
"
AM13x6553 wrote:
I have a question though would I be able to fit discipline back with what enlighten? So four auras total zealotry, clarity, PoE, and discipline. I'd eventually change it to spider when I have the materials. THANKS!

Adding back Discipline would require Enlighten lv 4. Aspect of the Spider reserves only 25% mana and can be added with Enlighten lv 3. And it's just a better aura. With the amount of ES you can get from the new bases you really don't care about an extra 1300 es.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
AM13x6553 wrote:

Adding back Discipline would require Enlighten lv 4. Aspect of the Spider reserves only 25% mana and can be added with Enlighten lv 3. And it's just a better aura. With the amount of ES you can get from the new bases you really don't care about an extra 1300 es.

Thanks! I'll get working on spider then. Just need a spot for it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Here's a new expensive OP upgrade made possible by this league:

It's a Heist base, a ring version of Simplex. Not quite as crazy as Simplex, but not as pricey either.

Crafting it is simple: hit it with Deafening Essence of Spite to get a good resist mod (42%+ before the multiplier, hold Alt to see), annul other suffixes and the prefix that can be bad when turned into a negative value. With 2 target mods (Int and resist) you have a 50/50 chance of success with Reflecting Mist: either both positive values end up on the same ring or not.

Aspect is a fixed mod and can't have a negative value. It stays unchanged on both copies of the ring. So it's just a convenient place for it.

Each ring takes care of one resist in addition to the crazy amount of Int. Then you just need to cap the 3rd resist between the helmet, gloves and belt. Craft cold res on one of the rings to make it easier to keep it on top for The Wise Oak. You can switch the resist type with a cheap Harvest craft before mirroring. Use a high tier mod (46-48%) for cold res.

According to the wiki, mirroring with Reflecting Mist multiplies the mod values by a random value between 1.5 and 2.4. I suspect it's weighted towards the lower values because I've seen mostly 1.5-1.8 and very rarely anything over 2.0.

Quality applies to the Heist bases by adding 20% of the raw mod value without the Heist multiplier. As you can see on the Simplex: it's 26% Int (12*2 + 12*0.2) and not 28% (12*2*1.2).

So, in theory, the luckiest roll you can get on a ring is:
58 (Deafening) * 2.4 (max luck) * 1.7 (Helical plus quality) = 236 Int

But hitting that will take a lot of luck (i.e. currency).

That's great, could you or someone break down the step by step guide how to craft the ring including adding the aspect of the spider with the item requirements linked to the post for visualization similar to the explanation written in the guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info