[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

can confirm that - life per kill on the rings will kill you instantly and it will say you committed suicide.
Has anyone had any time to test out Aspect of the Spooder lvl 30? Wondering if that's worth the spot that Disc used to fill at Higher end ES values. Pretty sure we can fit it and still balance resists, just not sure if I want to start investing in that route now. D:
"
Colanth wrote:
Has anyone had any time to test out Aspect of the Spooder lvl 30? Wondering if that's worth the spot that Disc used to fill at Higher end ES values. Pretty sure we can fit it and still balance resists, just not sure if I want to start investing in that route now. D:

I have it right now, you can see in my profile. Enlighten lv 3 is enough to add it, no need for lv 4.

According to PoB, it gives me 11% MORE damage. The movement hinder effect is nice vs some of the nastier hasted rares too.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Colanth wrote:

I have it right now, you can see in my profile. Enlighten lv 3 is enough to add it, no need for lv 4.

According to PoB, it gives me 11% MORE damage. The movement hinder effect is nice vs some of the nastier hasted rares too.

Tyvm. :) I'll get working on that. Thanks again for the build! It's been super smooth this league so far.
"
dkerza wrote:
Would you share your atlas trees on which mechanics you like to farm currencies with the build? I am using harvest, altar, and searing exarch nodes atm.

(I'm not an expert in currency farming. There are probably better ways to farm. This particular farm style just fits me very well.)

Atlas Tree

1. Red influence

It's great in general and for this build especially. Minions drop chaos, unmaking, chisels, glassblowers, alchs, vaals, horizons. As opposed to the total shit dropped by the blue influence (with an astronomical chance of divine). Red minions are melee, they attack you and may get buffs to fire res. Blue minions are ranged, they run away and may get buffs to cold res and spell suppression. Red side wins, no contest.

2. Defiled Cathedral -> City Square

They both have an easy square layout. DC can drop The Apothecary. Sure, that's a once-a-league drop, but it's 50 div when it does drop. And the other cards are useful.

Once you find the Nameless Seer in DC, you can use the new Scry Map feature to copy those card drops to City Square.

CS is an upgrade over DC because you can go kill the bosses immediately at the start and remove the Boss option from the altars. Once the bosses are dead, you don't need to even read the altars anymore. There is always a Minions option, just click on it.

3. Boxes

Boxes are awesome, enough said. The scarabs for them went up in price this league. But even without the scarabs, Ambush is still the best option on the map device.

4. Scarabs

Scarabs don't rain from the sky like they did in 3.24, but they still drop a lot. You can get some for yourself and sometimes drop the ones that sell for 100+ c. Also remember to vendor shitty scarabs 3:1 for random ones.
Scarab Price Checking Spreadsheet is wonderful. Reload (F5) every few hours.

5. Incursion

My personal choice of a league mechanic. It's easy to do with this build. It's rewarding: every 3 maps you complete a temple, and most of the time you get either Doryani or Locus, both of which sell for about 1/3 div.

But it also spawns a LOT of monsters, and a LOT of them are magic. With one of the cheapest scarabs you can increase the magic pack size by a further 40%. The number of monsters inside the incursions is comparable to the population of the whole map. And since scarabs are a valuable resource in this league, you want to increase the population of each map rather than burn through more maps per hour. Incursion gives you a lot of extra xp and loot.

6. Other stuff

At the start of the league I also took the Shaping nodes that make T1-15 maps drop +1 tier higher. I dropped those after getting the first 2 voidstones (the quest versions of Eater and Exarch are super easy even with beginner mapping gear).

As I got more atlas points, I added some Shrine nodes to increase the population even further.

Now at the endgame, I took a bunch of nodes that increase the magnitude of map mods. The resulting pack size, quantity and rarity is just great. And I farm mostly corrupted 8-mods. This build can handle any possible mods, although I usually don't bother with the reduced effect of auras (with those nodes it's like having no auras at all). I give those maps to the map runners in Kingsmarch. XD
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 5, 2024, 11:05:38 AM
I wasn't sure if this had been brought up, but I found a pretty cheap anoint to take the place of Wisdom of the Glade for early mapping.

Utmost Intellect (Amber, Violet, Crimson)
+40 Intelligence / 8% Increased Intelligence
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
I wasn't sure if this had been brought up, but I found a pretty cheap anoint to take the place of Wisdom of the Glade for early mapping.

Utmost Intellect (Amber, Violet, Crimson)
+40 Intelligence / 8% Increased Intelligence

That's already a part of the build. Anointing it won't double its effect.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 4, 2024, 11:09:14 PM
The recombinator has been "reworked" into near-oblivion, but it is still very powerful for manipulating ilvl of bases. If the input items have ilvls A and B, then the output will have level min(max(A, B), (A+B)/2 + 2). Of course, there's a 50% chance of bricking the base, but in many cases that's worth it because the base is very cheap at some ilvl but far more useful at another.

Here for example are two quick tips to (incrementally) improve the suggestions in the Build Guide:

1. For the belt: recombine a synthesized belt of ilvl <= 83 with any level 100 belt to raise the ilvl to 85+ so that you can craft top-tier strength and resistances.

2. For the helm: use the formula above to recombine a Lich's Circlet (which has ilvl >= 84) with another helmet to hit ilvl 79.
Last edited by evouga on Aug 4, 2024, 11:45:25 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
DC can drop The Apothecary. Sure, that's a once-a-league drop, but it's 50 div when it does drop. And the other cards are useful.

Once you find the Nameless Seer in DC, you can use the new Scry Map feature to copy those card drops to City Square.

As I was saying...

> POG <

Not the first time it happens either.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
DC can drop The Apothecary. Sure, that's a once-a-league drop, but it's 50 div when it does drop. And the other cards are useful.

As I was saying...

> POG <

Not the first time it happens either.

Thats insane... we all should yell out what we want while mapping!
Ign: Zanosaur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info