[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
santjohn wrote:
How much more shield will we have, with these new item bases and quality buffs?

Do we still need to use Discipline on maps? Or we can replace it with a herald of ice for better clear?

Herald of Ice is really not needed. If it feels safe enough without Discipline, I'd rather get Zealotry faster, and later add Aspect of the Spider.
"
berael wrote:
From skimming the more recent posts, I get the impression that the 3.24 POB will work exactly as-is for 3.25? Or at least "good enough to use for the first few days"?

Only change that affects the tree is one extra Staff Block node in the Staff mastery wheel.

Basically you need to level 1 level more before you have passive points to change to Split Personality tree

Also remember killing all bandits now give only 1 passive point, you get the other point you previously got from them from the hand job quest.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
santjohn wrote:
How much more shield will we have, with these new item bases and quality buffs?

Do we still need to use Discipline on maps? Or we can replace it with a herald of ice for better clear?

Herald of Ice is really not needed. If it feels safe enough without Discipline, I'd rather get Zealotry faster, and later add Aspect of the Spider.

According to PoB, using gear I had at the end of last league:

CwC Icestorm average hit around 400k

Herald of Ice average hit 7k

Speaking of Aspect of the Spider. In 3.24 GGG added lvl30 versions of Aspect auras. They need corresponding bestiary boss and Black Mórrigan. Lvl30 Spider Aspect lets the debuff go up to 4 stacks.
"
Cjin wrote:
Speaking of Aspect of the Spider. In 3.24 GGG added lvl30 versions of Aspect auras. They need corresponding bestiary boss and Black Mórrigan. Lvl30 Spider Aspect lets the debuff go up to 4 stacks.

Right. And uber bosses can be slowed by 50% instead of 30%. If we get too much ES in this league easily, swapping Discipline for Aspect sounds interesting.
Wait why are we ditching Discipline? Discipline wasn't hit by the aura nerfs, as far as I can tell.

Have stats for the new ES bases and affixes been announced yet?

Keep in mind that >20% quality bases are likely to be very scarce, so the gains in ES may not be as high as we hope.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:
Based on this analysis, I redo the math.

The possibility to get tri-mod ilvl 85 Simplex amulet is (only 4 of 6 donor amulets will pick the correct shaper mod):

1 - (1 - 800 / 105350) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 139950) ^ 2 = 2.636%

The possibility is a bit higher if the Simplex amulet is ilvl80:

1 - (1 - 800 / 101000) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 130000) ^ 2 = 2.786%

This translates to 36 ~ 38 attempts on average.

My math (Excel) gets me total of 105650 weight of prefixes instead of 105350 you have.

More importantly you forgot you can roll damage/15int also as Crusader prefix giving it weight of 1300 instead of 800.

So:

1 - (1 - 1300 / 105650) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 139950) ^ 2 = 3.558%

Or

1 - (1 - 1300 / 101000) ^ 2 * (1 - 800 / 130000) ^ 2 = 3.753%

Average of 26-28 attempts.

105650 is for ilvl 86, 105350 is for ilvl 85 (because mine is 85 :-)).

Yes, I missed the Crusader prefix. 1300 is the correct weight.
Thanks as always Kelvynn. We casuals are really looking forward to this league. I gave up on Necropolis due to the insanity with trade.
"
evouga wrote:
Wait why are we ditching Discipline? Discipline wasn't hit by the aura nerfs, as far as I can tell.

Have stats for the new ES bases and affixes been announced yet?

Keep in mind that >20% quality bases are likely to be very scarce, so the gains in ES may not be as high as we hope.

With the gear I had last season, I have same amount of ES after quality change without Discipline that I had before quality change with Discipline. Now that is with 30% quality gear, but old bases so you can get little more with new bases.

After you get to some 14k ES, getting more is not that huge. Attacks that you could just tank with 16k ES that you could not with 14k, there really are not that many. At that point attacks that are meant to be dodged do so much damage they oneshot you regardless of your defenses.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
berael wrote:
From skimming the more recent posts, I get the impression that the 3.24 POB will work exactly as-is for 3.25? Or at least "good enough to use for the first few days"?

Also remember killing all bandits now give only 1 passive point, you get the other point you previously got from them from the hand job quest.

also witch reward (15% all res) "costs" us only 1 skill point, because of that change i think it's worth considering on early mapping to easily boost resistances and focus on INT upgrades
Last edited by adambog on Jul 24, 2024, 1:27:49 AM
Given the Inspiration change, we might struggle with mana during the early stages of the build (basically when we need Dreamer to sustain), due to how less and reduced interact with mana cost.

Any idea how to fix this? Or can somebody do the math to see if its a big deal? Maybe we can still sustain, even with the changes.
Last edited by Maaster on Jul 24, 2024, 5:01:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info