[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
spaceace7373 wrote:
my daughter also plays poe. she had a nasty lightning based bow build that obliterated entire screens but it got nerfed really hard unless we had mirrors to invest in it to make it good again and she wants to make an aurabot to support me while playing. what would be good support auras another player can provide for this build? she is already swiping several of my higher value items i have in my stash like near perfect ashes and some other legacy unique items lol

Determination/Grace/Defiance Banner comes to mind as usual aurabot stuff that gives more survivability. Zealotry for offense. Technically Purity of Fire/Ice/Lightning would give +max res, but I don't think it's worth it over the other options.

If she has a lot of +aura effect, run Grace/Discipline/PoE yourself and let her run Hatred/Zealotry/Determination/Defiance Banner. You can also run one less aura and skip on some passive points to boost your DPS that way.

Some people also use a curse-bot instead of an aura-bot. Same principle, but with curses, using Blasphemy Support and multiple sources of +curses to apply 4-5 curses at once.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

Havent needed to use clarity

The self-cast staff requires more mana than the CwC one. That's why we're running Clarity.

"
Assasssins mark wont trigger in my 6L armor, but the guide says level the curses, how do we get more than 1 curse to stick without taking whispers of doom?

We don't. You need Whispers of Doom. You can use Assassin's Mark on a self-cast against bosses.

"
CWDT says it only does skills under or level 38, so why do we level the two curses?

You don't want the curses to trigger from CWDT. You want only Ball lightning to trigger. Hextouch will make it apply the lvl20 curses.

"
Also, why annoint charisma if mana isnt an issue, I'm not using clarity and my vortex while cyclone is just fine. I'm running purity, hatred, and disc. So I havent annointed my astramentis yet,

Once you have a self-cast staff, you're going to need Clarity, else you're going to lose a truckload of DPS on your high-damage setup.

I have whispers of doom, and it still only lets me auto cast, it doesnt trigger from hextouch... it only lets me autocast...

heres my current POB, punishment is fine, but assassins mark still I can cast, it wont auto cast even with whispers of doom....

https://pastebin.com/itmcK5C6

ALso, I tried swapping hatred for herald of ice and oriaths end specificlalt for mapping since im running grand design and have huge pack sizes, but it doesnt feel like im getting decent explosions, I have polymath, do I still need more damage yet? Granted im like level 76 but idk something feels off and assassins mark not triggering even with whispers, idk why.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
Last edited by KingExodusGG on May 21, 2023, 4:30:46 PM
Marks are not Hexes, Hextouch does not apply them.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

So im better off putting frostbite in there
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

So im better off putting frostbite in there

Usual setup is Frosbite and Punishment.
Hey guys. I'm new to PoE builds.
Just to clarify. I did the leveling trees build.
Once it was done I found that the budget and final versions differ very much and I didn't have to respec point to build accordingly. What is the solution for this? Thanks.
Last edited by FranzOmz on May 22, 2023, 11:17:30 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kízu wrote:
Hi, I'm a new player, just finished campaign 2 days ago, I may need some suggestions on which budget gear I could get to replace on what I currently have, you may check my profile or I have a link, https://pobb.in/RPeYO2TYGVD6 , I would also love to know if there's something wrong with my current setup or any adjustments should be made, I easily die on low tier maps. thank you :)

Welcome to the game!

It's normal that you die quite a bit when you get to maps. I don't know what your current budget it, but I'll assume that it's something like 20-30C for now.

Get a nice helmet with 150+ ES and some resistances. That should cost 1-3C.

Get a Body Armour with EV/ES instead of Armour/EV. This is going to significantly increase your ES. For example, by inputting "1000 EV" and "300 ES" in the trade site as minimums, I got a 4C Carnal Armour that literally gives you 80% more ES and 15% evade chance. This is absolutely huge. Don't fret on the six-link. You only really need a five-link, and even then, four is quite enough for now (just remove Punishment and Culling Strike). You'll feel an immense difference for a few chaos.

You still have a lot more levels to go, which will help.

Le Heup of All is a great unique ring that gives damage, defenses and a lot of resistances. Once again, a few chaos each.

Use alteration orbs to roll 45%+ increased Evasion and 45%+ increased armour suffixes on your flasks. It'll help a lot with your survivability too and costs next to nothing.

Get the conversion jewels for the tree. This is an int-stacking build and it'll help your damage and survivability if you put them in the leftmost and rightmost slots.

With that, you should be able to clear white maps easier, then move up the ladder and buy more upgrades.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice! I made some changes and upgrades with a help of a friend, here's my current build https://pobb.in/SnJKjaukc7n- , any suggestions on what I should invest next? Also, I have 3 activated auras atm, Clarity, Purity of Elements, Discipline. Is there a way to fit In Hatred? since the reservation cost is too high. Would also like to know if my current gems are decent. I appreciate your time and help, cheers!
Last edited by Kízu on May 22, 2023, 4:41:02 PM
"
FranzOmz wrote:
Once it was done I found that the budget and final versions differ very much and I didn't have to respec point to build accordingly. What is the solution for this? Thanks.

Tried to find the answer in this topic, but no luck :<
"
FranzOmz wrote:
"
FranzOmz wrote:

Tried to find the answer in this topic, but no luck :<

You can find regret orbs pretty often and you can buy some from vendors in the epilogue with scours. They're also pretty cheap on trade.
"
Kízu wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kízu wrote:
Hi, I'm a new player, just finished campaign 2 days ago, I may need some suggestions on which budget gear I could get to replace on what I currently have, you may check my profile or I have a link, https://pobb.in/RPeYO2TYGVD6 , I would also love to know if there's something wrong with my current setup or any adjustments should be made, I easily die on low tier maps. thank you :)

Welcome to the game!

It's normal that you die quite a bit when you get to maps. I don't know what your current budget it, but I'll assume that it's something like 20-30C for now.

Get a nice helmet with 150+ ES and some resistances. That should cost 1-3C.

Get a Body Armour with EV/ES instead of Armour/EV. This is going to significantly increase your ES. For example, by inputting "1000 EV" and "300 ES" in the trade site as minimums, I got a 4C Carnal Armour that literally gives you 80% more ES and 15% evade chance. This is absolutely huge. Don't fret on the six-link. You only really need a five-link, and even then, four is quite enough for now (just remove Punishment and Culling Strike). You'll feel an immense difference for a few chaos.

You still have a lot more levels to go, which will help.

Le Heup of All is a great unique ring that gives damage, defenses and a lot of resistances. Once again, a few chaos each.

Use alteration orbs to roll 45%+ increased Evasion and 45%+ increased armour suffixes on your flasks. It'll help a lot with your survivability too and costs next to nothing.

Get the conversion jewels for the tree. This is an int-stacking build and it'll help your damage and survivability if you put them in the leftmost and rightmost slots.

With that, you should be able to clear white maps easier, then move up the ladder and buy more upgrades.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice! I made some changes and upgrades with a help of a friend, here's my current build https://pobb.in/SnJKjaukc7n- , any suggestions on what I should invest next? Also, I have 3 activated auras atm, Clarity, Purity of Elements, Discipline. Is there a way to fit In Hatred? since the reservation cost is too high. Would also like to know if my current gems are decent. I appreciate your time and help, cheers!

Sovereignty wheel + Charisma annoint should let you put Hatred in. Might need to adjust Clarity level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info