[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Naramie_VI wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:
I am at 2,785 int now, 14,394 ES. Build is very strong like every other time I have played it. Crucible tree gives a nice boost!

How did you craft this amulet?

Some divines, and lots and lots of luck :) I spent 30 divines yesterday and couldn't manage to get anything as good as that. This is the best I came up with :(
"
Naramie_VI wrote:
"
Jespetin wrote:
I am at 2,785 int now, 14,394 ES. Build is very strong like every other time I have played it. Crucible tree gives a nice boost!

How did you craft this amulet?

I didn't, I just bought it.
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
i've been asked several times what my dps is and i can't seem to get my head wrapped around pob. could someone have a look and let me know where i'm at please? The_Canadian_Shadow in standard

i'm still slowly working on upgrades as i can and finally got my res capped without a flask with purity running as i just crafted my helm only using 2 deaf spites and a hunter's ex

We'd need your PoB to know your DPS. How it works is that you'll get an "Average hit" number. This is what each hit does, on average. However, we summon up to 5 storms at a time.

From the guide :

"

The actual DPS of this build is hard to calculate because Icestorm mechanics are very different from other skills. It takes a couple of seconds to stack up. Without going into complex math, the DPS of Icestorm on a stationary target is about 23 * Average Hit.

That's with the 5 storms stacked on a target. Realistically, you should be stacking 2-3 storms on moving targets, which would be 8-10X average hit. It is, however, difficult to evaluate 1:1 with other types of builds.

Nice Helmet by the way! For only 2 Spites, it's pretty good.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Apr 26, 2023, 2:39:20 PM
"
CptJesus wrote:
Would anyone be willing to give me a few pointers on what my next big upgrade/upgrades should be?

https://pobb.in/S9irsPzRbOmr

I've been slowly working on stuff, cant quite afford a Hunter's Exalted Orb yet, although I think my helm would get the %int if I used it at this point.

I still find myself occasionally dying to stuff in expedition and my damage is pretty weak still. Takes a while to kill expedition mobs most of the time which is really slowing down mapping

Exarch modifier on gloves should be Unnerve on hit (+10% damage taken). Right now, you have extra crit for attacks and Ice Storm is not an attack.

Your annoints could use upgrading to Charisma and Tranquility. With Charisma, you could add Hatred, which is a bit above 20% more damage.

Your body armour could be upgraded to a non-influenced one, which would then let you use eldritch currency to add two implicits.

Small detail, but do not forget to quality your flasks to et more uptime.

Another nice upgrade you could get is your rings. If you have currency, synthesized ones with give you a boost in int and let your reroll for even more int. If you do not have currency, you can switch to two Le Heup of All for a few chaos and it's going to be much better than what you have now.

Your tree is not optimized. Since you've switched to the Cluster version with Split Personnalities, you will heavily benefit from having the longest path between your starting point and your SP jewels. That means spending four points on the bottom right and getting two back from the top right and one from the random strength node on the right. This is very important, because it will give you a bunch of free int for one skill point. 20int just from the nodes (you remove 20 int and add 40), plus I think 23 more nodes on the SP path, which will give you abtou 80 more int. All in all, it's about +100 flat int (which then get multiplied by your % bonuses), all for one point and 10 strenght. Huge upgrade for almost nothing.

You can also add a Watcher's Eye. The mods are incredibly useful when you have the currency for it, especially ig you get Hatred in there.

Hope that helps!
"
SirVest wrote:
Does anyone have a good suggestion to replace culling strike with as a body armor 6L once you get the flesh and flame jewels. (since ambush and assassinate gives you culling on crits).

I saw some people running anathema and running an extra curse like ele weakness or assassin mark but I'm not sure it is worth the investment to fix resists and attribute requirements if I replace my ring like that.

Frost Shield comes to mind. If you have an habit of face-tanking big hits while casting, it adds a layer of defense.

You can also use Vaal Righteous Fire for an extra boost of damage (you don't use the regular version of the skill, just the Vaal one).

Finally, Enlighten 4 can free up your Charisma annoint (you slot an aura in your chest piece), which in turn lets you annoint Whispers of Doom for 4 skill points.
"
lev1afun wrote:
@Firestrike9
gz, i still postponing this torture

Second one in 200 chances, go figure.

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
SirVest wrote:
Does anyone have a good suggestion to replace culling strike with as a body armor 6L once you get the flesh and flame jewels. (since ambush and assassinate gives you culling on crits).

I saw some people running anathema and running an extra curse like ele weakness or assassin mark but I'm not sure it is worth the investment to fix resists and attribute requirements if I replace my ring like that.

Frost Shield comes to mind. If you have an habit of face-tanking big hits while casting, it adds a layer of defense.

You can also use Vaal Righteous Fire for an extra boost of damage (you don't use the regular version of the skill, just the Vaal one).

Finally, Enlighten 4 can free up your Charisma annoint (you slot an aura in your chest piece), which in turn lets you annoint Whispers of Doom for 4 skill points.

Ah I see, so nothing comes in mind useful with the cwdt/ball/curse links. I already have enlighten on my 3 aura links (hatred on my ring) and a helm enchant for purity. Already good on mana without charisma so no point moving my auras to body unless I wanted to try and squeeze in a 5th aura.

Frost Shield seems like it could be okay but was hoping there was something useful to the curse links. Oh well.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
CorteX1110 wrote:
Hello and thank you for this build. I just love it!

I have a question: I can't upgrade my rings like you said because I need 2 rings with sockets to put 2 of my aura. How do you manage all the sockets? Maybe I miss something... Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/UHHmkTbF

Thank you.

Link Frostblink with Vortex to get the Arcane Surge effect without using an additionnal gem.

Remove added cold damage linked to Frostblink; we're not dealing damage with it.

It should free the two slots you need.

Thank you! I can't belive I don't saw this...
Last edited by CorteX1110 on Apr 26, 2023, 6:05:14 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
CptJesus wrote:
Would anyone be willing to give me a few pointers on what my next big upgrade/upgrades should be?

https://pobb.in/S9irsPzRbOmr

I've been slowly working on stuff, cant quite afford a Hunter's Exalted Orb yet, although I think my helm would get the %int if I used it at this point.

I still find myself occasionally dying to stuff in expedition and my damage is pretty weak still. Takes a while to kill expedition mobs most of the time which is really slowing down mapping

Exarch modifier on gloves should be Unnerve on hit (+10% damage taken). Right now, you have extra crit for attacks and Ice Storm is not an attack.

Your annoints could use upgrading to Charisma and Tranquility. With Charisma, you could add Hatred, which is a bit above 20% more damage.

Your body armour could be upgraded to a non-influenced one, which would then let you use eldritch currency to add two implicits.

Small detail, but do not forget to quality your flasks to et more uptime.

Another nice upgrade you could get is your rings. If you have currency, synthesized ones with give you a boost in int and let your reroll for even more int. If you do not have currency, you can switch to two Le Heup of All for a few chaos and it's going to be much better than what you have now.

Your tree is not optimized. Since you've switched to the Cluster version with Split Personnalities, you will heavily benefit from having the longest path between your starting point and your SP jewels. That means spending four points on the bottom right and getting two back from the top right and one from the random strength node on the right. This is very important, because it will give you a bunch of free int for one skill point. 20int just from the nodes (you remove 20 int and add 40), plus I think 23 more nodes on the SP path, which will give you abtou 80 more int. All in all, it's about +100 flat int (which then get multiplied by your % bonuses), all for one point and 10 strenght. Huge upgrade for almost nothing.

You can also add a Watcher's Eye. The mods are incredibly useful when you have the currency for it, especially ig you get Hatred in there.

Hope that helps!

This was incredibly helpful, thank you. I've got about 1 divine in chaos right now, so I'm going to work on some of this where I can. Problem I've run into is chestpieces are crazy expensive to get something that meets specs
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
i've been asked several times what my dps is and i can't seem to get my head wrapped around pob. could someone have a look and let me know where i'm at please? The_Canadian_Shadow in standard

i'm still slowly working on upgrades as i can and finally got my res capped without a flask with purity running as i just crafted my helm only using 2 deaf spites and a hunter's ex

We'd need your PoB to know your DPS. How it works is that you'll get an "Average hit" number. This is what each hit does, on average. However, we summon up to 5 storms at a time.

From the guide :

"

The actual DPS of this build is hard to calculate because Icestorm mechanics are very different from other skills. It takes a couple of seconds to stack up. Without going into complex math, the DPS of Icestorm on a stationary target is about 23 * Average Hit.

That's with the 5 storms stacked on a target. Realistically, you should be stacking 2-3 storms on moving targets, which would be 8-10X average hit. It is, however, difficult to evaluate 1:1 with other types of builds.

Nice Helmet by the way! For only 2 Spites, it's pretty good.

my pob link https://pastebin.com/JewDBipB

i opened pob and imported my character and looked at average hit and multiplied it be 23 and was 2.48m dps. no clue if that is even close lmao

i wish i liked the league mechanic as i see some really nice staves that i know i will not be able to get :(
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info