Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

"
Russell wrote:
"
Matt1128Y wrote:
I didn't know whether or not to post in this thread or in the Double Strike thread located in the Skill Feedback subforum...

Regardless, I think the trail on the melee weapons for Double Strike needs to be tweaked a little. My first impression of Double Strike was that I liked the trail, but that the trail made my weapon look shorter than it is. It does this because the trail is near the middle of the weapon instead of being at the tip. I think if you moved the trail to the tip, then this skill would look really awesome. I'd create a new character and specialize in two-handed swords just for it!

I also noticed that different weapons have broader or narrower trails. Intentional or not, I thought it was stange that a Battered Foil (one-handed sword) produced a broader trail than an Exile Maul (two-handed maul).

And for what it's worth, I noticed something weird about the trails Double Strike left behind just from the videos I saw for Path of Exile, before I got into the beta.

Thats because that effect is currently made without trails and instead is done hackely as a animated mesh. Again this is a trails thing :P when we get trails ill make it leave trails from the tip of the weapon. Currently with the effect I have to separately animate it... for 6 classes... with 8+ animations each. Then I have to try warp that mesh to fit the weapon which explains why its fatter on some and thinner on others. Also characters are all different sizes so some do small and some do large swings. Again stretching this one mesh into 20+ different shapes : P.

Very cool! Thanks for the response.
Gestas (Templar), Hardcore league.
Last edited by Matt1128Y on Aug 17, 2011, 9:23:30 PM
That sounds like A LOT of work, thank you so much.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
"
Russell wrote:

Thats because that effect is currently made without trails and instead is done hackely as a animated mesh. Again this is a trails thing :P when we get trails ill make it leave trails from the tip of the weapon. Currently with the effect I have to separately animate it... for 6 classes... with 8+ animations each. Then I have to try warp that mesh to fit the weapon which explains why its fatter on some and thinner on others. Also characters are all different sizes so some do small and some do large swings. Again stretching this one mesh into 20+ different shapes : P.

May I ask why you are doing that anyway? This is a lot of work and if it will be replaced with trail system later, what's the point?
Would you rather us cut half the skills out of the game while we wait for tech :P ?

Its pretty much just so we can get the skill in there for you guys to play with.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I was wondering, Russell, any plans to include footprints formed from characters traveling within sandy, muddy (wet areas such as the Ghost Shipyard for instance) and snowy environments (if there are any)?

I really think it'd help bring the world to life, and give it a lived-in feel if one were to see his/her own imprint in it; as well as other players' and monsters' within the same instance as they go about their routines.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Of coarse Madav. We just dont have terrain materiel detection tech yet. Its the same reason we dont have splashes when you wade into water : P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I don't know if it has already been posted or not but here goes:

On 2 AMD Radeon 6990 HD using Crossfire (8GB GDDR5)

Since 0.9.0 I've been experiencing some "bubble" effect on fire and missile FX when my Anti-Aliasing and Post-Processing are enabled together.

Here's a screenshot of the "bubble" effect on a torch http://i.imgur.com/8ZzNk.jpg

As you can see, I've made sure to hide behind the torch so we can see my character and highlighted the exit.

The bug is still occuring as of 0.9.1. If I turn off either post-processing or set anti-aliasing to 0, it fixes the glitch.
Last edited by Alvana on Aug 19, 2011, 10:29:35 AM
"
Alvana wrote:
Since 0.9.0 I've been experiencing some "bubble" effect on fire and missile FX when my Anti-Aliasing and Post-Processing are enabled together.

This is something we're aware of, and a problem on the engine side - It doesn't seem to like some settings on your graphics card. Our tech guys are looking into it, but it is more of a Bug thing, less of an Effects thing.
Balance & Design
I would like to point out that while the other effects are quite awesome (like the freeze effect), the burned effect seems bland,old and kinda feels out of place. The flames should be more engulfing and fiery, also there should be some kind of a blur effect. Everything else is awesome though. :)
In all games I always play as a warrior, guess it's in my blood or something. For all the lonely warriors out there, unite under my banner! Let us dominate over the other classes! To arms!
Personally, the burning effect is one of my favorites.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info