Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

Give you're FX feedback here in this forum. Keep in mind I mean visual effects and not "for effect" I make the things like the waterfalls,spells,falling leaves and bugs etc etc.

Known issues:

We do not have bloomy particles yet!

Example of bloomy particles :

We also don't have trails and thats why there are not any awesome spastic trails behind the arrows and fast moving projectiles such as freezing pulse

Example of Trails :

^trail behind the guys weapon

Another example of trails :

I also dont have material detection so I cant do things like footprints , dust kicking up when running , water splashes and rocks and dust that chink out when you shoot walls or ground with arrows.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Last edited by Erik on Feb 18, 2018, 9:03:38 PM
Last bumped on May 16, 2018, 11:31:42 PM
Excellent this is good information to have!

What about suggesting these effects on things that don't have them even though the tech isn't in yet?
Happy Days Abound.
not much point in doing that. It would probably just be duplicates of everything in my head haha.

Would love to get bow trail effects for their skills. Different colored trails for different quivers. Trails behind basic weapon slashs(different colors depending on the strongest elemental mod) and updating alot of past effects with trails :P

Thats like 15% of the list haha.
y im slept?
Alright, I'll just wait until they're in the game then. ^_^

Hey, is Bloom the reason some things don't have what people call 'vibrancy'?
Happy Days Abound.
Yep pretty much. An example I saw lots was torchlights effects:

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/2458294/img/torchlight/Torchlight-2009-11-02-16-59-31-83.png

Once we get bloomy particles I can add more color to effects as well :).Currently I have to stack up white things to get a mildly bloomy look going. Cold snap is a good example of this.
y im slept?
I'm missing the splishy-splashy effects when characters walk around the shallow water at the shorelines.
"
Baccaruse wrote:
I'm missing the splishy-splashy effects when characters walk around the shallow water at the shorelines.

Currently, the engine doesn't differentiate between ground types so things like this are not yet possible.
Forum Sheriff
I didn't know whether or not to post in this thread or in the Double Strike thread located in the Skill Feedback subforum...

Regardless, I think the trail on the melee weapons for Double Strike needs to be tweaked a little. My first impression of Double Strike was that I liked the trail, but that the trail made my weapon look shorter than it is. It does this because the trail is near the middle of the weapon instead of being at the tip. I think if you moved the trail to the tip, then this skill would look really awesome. I'd create a new character and specialize in two-handed swords just for it!

I also noticed that different weapons have broader or narrower trails. Intentional or not, I thought it was stange that a Battered Foil (one-handed sword) produced a broader trail than an Exile Maul (two-handed maul).

And for what it's worth, I noticed something weird about the trails Double Strike left behind just from the videos I saw for Path of Exile, before I got into the beta.
Gestas (Templar), Hardcore league.
Last edited by Matt1128Y on Aug 17, 2011, 2:08:12 PM
Ground slam effect is not working properly when casted uphill.
Gyntti2 @ d2jsp.org
"
Matt1128Y wrote:
I didn't know whether or not to post in this thread or in the Double Strike thread located in the Skill Feedback subforum...

Regardless, I think the trail on the melee weapons for Double Strike needs to be tweaked a little. My first impression of Double Strike was that I liked the trail, but that the trail made my weapon look shorter than it is. It does this because the trail is near the middle of the weapon instead of being at the tip. I think if you moved the trail to the tip, then this skill would look really awesome. I'd create a new character and specialize in two-handed swords just for it!

I also noticed that different weapons have broader or narrower trails. Intentional or not, I thought it was stange that a Battered Foil (one-handed sword) produced a broader trail than an Exile Maul (two-handed maul).

And for what it's worth, I noticed something weird about the trails Double Strike left behind just from the videos I saw for Path of Exile, before I got into the beta.

Thats because that effect is currently made without trails and instead is done hackely as a animated mesh. Again this is a trails thing :P when we get trails ill make it leave trails from the tip of the weapon. Currently with the effect I have to separately animate it... for 6 classes... with 8+ animations each. Then I have to try warp that mesh to fit the weapon which explains why its fatter on some and thinner on others. Also characters are all different sizes so some do small and some do large swings. Again stretching this one mesh into 20+ different shapes : P.
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info