I made a map! (updated 4/3/12 - 0.9.8)

thanks, saves me a lot of taking notes while playing for the next wile :)

"
Perusoe wrote:

Ancient Pyramid: 26/63/48/??

should be 36 I think.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Perusoe wrote:
"
DemonicGoblin wrote:
Would someone be so kind as to run through the areas of the game on Ruthless and Merciless and listed the Monster Level listed in the map information for each area?

I haven't finished Merciless Difficulty yet, but this is what I have so far.

Act 1
  • Twilight Strand: 1/27/37/48
  • Shore Encampment: N/A
  • Terraces: 2/28/37/48
  • Tidal Island: 3/28/37/48
  • Mud Flats: 4/28/38/49
  • Fetid Pool: 5/28/38/49
  • Submerged Passage Level 1: 5/29/38/49
  • Flooded Depths: 6/29/38/49
  • Submerged Passage Level 2: 7/29/39/49
  • The Ledge: 8/29/39/50
  • The Rocky Climb: 9/30/39/50
  • Lower Prison: 10/30/39/50
  • The Prison: 11/31/40/51
  • Upper Prison: 12/31/40/51
  • The Prisoner’s Gate: 12/31/40/51
  • The Ship Graveyard: 13/31/41/51
  • The Coves: 14/31/41/52
  • Cavern of Woe: 15/32/42/52
  • Cavern of Anger: 15/32/42/52
  • Merveil’s Lair: 16/32/43/53

Act 2
  • The Forest: 16/33/43/53
  • Forest Encampment: N/A
  • Old Fields: 17/33/44/53
  • The Cave: 18/34/45/54
  • Crossroads: 18/33/44/53
  • Fellshrine Ruins: 19/33/45/54
  • Church Dungeon Level 1: 19/33/45/54
  • Church Dungeon Level 2: 20/34/45/54
  • Chamber of Sins Level 1: 19/33/45/54
  • Chamber of Sins Level 2: 20/34/45/54
  • Broken Bridge: 19/33/45/54
  • River Crossings: 18/33/44/53
  • Dark Forest: 19/33/44/53
  • Alira’s Camp: 21/34/45/54
  • The Weaver’s Chambers: 20/34/45/54
  • Cathedral of Bones Level 1: 22/35/46/??
  • Cathedral of Bones Level 2: 23/35/46/??
  • Pools and Streams: 24/35/47/??
  • Dread Thicket: 25/36/47/??
  • Waterfall Cave Level 1: 25/36/47/??
  • Waterfall Cave Level 2: 26/36/48/??
  • Ancient Pyramid: 26/63/48/??

The Maelström of Chaos is Monster Level 58.

p

Ahh! You are a life savor. Thank you so much for this. I haven't been able to get to Ruthless yet without dying, and I'd really rather not play in Default.
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Perusoe wrote:
Ancient Pyramid: 26/63/48/??
should be 36 I think.

You are correct. It was a long night. By the time I had finished entering all of the areas in all four Difficulties (except the last 7) and typing up the list, I think I was half cross-eyed. :P

Thanks for the catch! I'll update my original post.

"
DemonicGoblin wrote:
Ahh! You are a life savor. Thank you so much for this.

My pleasure. I needed to do this for me anyway. I want to include this information in my Path of Exile Video Quest Guide.

"
DemonicGoblin wrote:

I haven't been able to get to Ruthless yet without dying, and I'd really rather not play in Default.

That's exactly why I'm playing in the Legacy League. My Ranger has died 14 times so far. :P

My problem is that Alira and her henchmen, in Merciless Difficulty, are kicking my butt. LOL (In fact, all of Merciless is kicking my butt, although I've managed to get as far as I have. Alira's henchmen are one-hit killing me. :P And that's at character level 60).

I've even thought of siding with her, this time, just to finish gathering information and uploading my last video in this series. (I want to finish my Beta Quest videos by showing my Ranger enter the Maelström of Chaos and maybe a few battles while there).

p
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
I had the old one. That said it's good to see this updated, I get more confused than ever now'a'days...
Once again I have cause to thank you, so...
Thank you kindly, Sir!
Next one to find is the interactive tree.
;D
Patience is a virtue.
"
Nazaxprime wrote:
Next one to find is the interactive tree.

Good point. The "interactive tree" is covering the entrance to the Cathedral of Bones Level 1 located in the River Crossings.

Perhaps DemonicGoblin could put a note in the River Crossings box, "Loratta" or "Large Tree Roots". ;-)

p

Edit:

Actually, the River Crossings box should have a gold star in it for The Cathedral of Bones quest. Completing this quest is necessary to proceed in the game.
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/
Last edited by Perusoe on Jan 22, 2012, 2:56:48 PM
"
Perusoe wrote:
My problem is that Alira and her henchmen, in Merciless Difficulty, are kicking my butt. LOL (In fact, all of Merciless is kicking my butt, although I've managed to get as far as I have. Alira's henchmen are one-hit killing me. :P And that's at character level 60).

I've even thought of siding with her, this time, just to finish gathering information and uploading my last video in this series. (I want to finish my Beta Quest videos by showing my Ranger enter the Maelström of Chaos and maybe a few battles while there).p

Yeah you've got to watch out for her detonate dead spell. Stay away from any corpses.
Might be best to summon zombies yourself or detonate the corpses around you before the fight. in fight is a different story though.
"
Malice wrote:
Yeah you've got to watch out for her detonate dead spell. Stay away from any corpses.

As soon as I click "Kill Her", I try to corral her henchmen in one corner and kill them as quick as possible. Then I run to another corner, opposite the dead henchmen. Of course, this works better in the lower Difficulty Levels than on Merciless. (I guess I need a bigger Bow :P ).

I thought Diablo II's Corpse Explosion was bad (e.g. Nihlathak), but Alira's Detonate Dead has such a huge area of effect radius that it is difficulty to avoid. Add to that the fact that Alira's surviving henchmen can one-hit kill me and they're really giving me a run for my money. Her "Dearest" (zombies) aren't so bad, just because they're slow-moving.

"
DemonicGoblin wrote:
Might be best to summon zombies yourself or detonate the corpses around you before the fight. in fight is a different story though.

This was actually a Necromancer tactic used in Diablo II and could be used in or out of battle. (Always good to have a Summoner in the party ;-) ). However, I've stopped using red and blue Gems or green Gems that aren't Bow or Ranger related. I was too tempted to select nodes on the Passive Skill Tree that boosted my Strength and Intelligence so I could level those Gems. I'm not really playing a hybrid Ranger and I think improperly allocating my Skill Points is part my problem. I had approximately a dozen Skill Points allocated to nodes that weren't all that beneficial to my Ranger. Over the last couple of days, I've been reallocating my Skill Points, through quest Respecs and Orbs of Regret, to better suit my Ranger and my play-style. She's doing much better now, but I still have four or five Skill Points to reallocate.

You may have noticed that I've updated the Monster Levels list. I've been revisiting some areas on Merciless Difficulty, trying to gain some extra character levels before confronting Alira again. Last night I cleared some previous areas and entered some new ones, tagging Waypoints along the way. I have now listed all of the Monster Levels except the Dread Thicket. I'm going back in after I post this, to return to the Pools and Streams. I intend to skirt my way, clockwise, around the perimeter until I reach the entrance to the Dread Thicket, pop in and check the Monster Level. (My guess is 55 or 56). Then I'll be able to complete the list.

Wish me luck!

Ciao,

p
Monday, January 23, 2012 6:30 PM EST

Okay, I've completed the Monster Level list and updated my original post accordingly. Enjoy!

While I was in the Pools and Streams, I decided to try my hand at killing Oak. He wasn't so bad. Now, all I have left is Alira; then I can return to the Ancient Pyramid to finish Merciless Difficulty and access the Maelström of Chaos.

My Ranger is currently level 63.

p
This is quite helpful thank you! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info