Ethereal Knives

shh =p
"
There are enough spell aoe's out there, this needs to be made into something more melee based because atm it is a useless skill except for pvp to a point.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of discussion. But you are wrong. Not only are you wrong, you are terribly, terribly wrong.

EK is one of the most abusive skills I have ever seen in a game. Add Fork to it, circle up a large throng (what the heck, a whole screenful of monsters).

Fire off 3-4 EK and watch them all fall dead. They die so fast that there's some sort of screen hitch that happens-- this may be what they call "crunch" which is a momentary intentional framerate discontinuity to indicate gigantic damage. Or it could be that it's actually causing a CPU hitch.

You can easily kill 75-80 guys with a couple of casts of this. I don't have chain yet-- with just fork, the cast kind of dies out in the middle of a crowd, but everything in the middle dies too. Then another cast for mopup and everything on the screen is dead.

Great skill, I was hoping for this when I added Fork to it and it's everything I wanted it to be.
I was happy at first when I found this on my Duelist, a new aoe skill when I don't feel like spamming cleave, boy was I SEVERELY disappointed when I saw how utterly useless it was and sadly went back to spamming cleave, this skill has so much potential wasted with its pointlessly long as hell animation/delay to recast.
It does benefit from both spell damage and projectile damage nodes, right?

Edit: solved, it does
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Jan 27, 2013, 7:58:07 AM
"
I was happy at first when I found this on my Duelist, a new aoe skill when I don't feel like spamming cleave, boy was I SEVERELY disappointed when I saw how utterly useless it was and sadly went back to spamming cleave, this skill has so much potential wasted with its pointlessly long as hell animation/delay to recast.

We're obviously talking about different skills. I am talking about the one where you combine it with Fork and you round up a crowd of about 80 monsters and they all die in 3 casts with blue-green knives going everywhere on the screen.

Which one are you talking about?
Question:

Do the Area of Effect Radius nodes such as Blast Radius expend the arc or span of Ethereal Knives?

What I mean is if I took nodes to increase the Area of Effect Radius do they increase the width of EK's cone attack?
Every man's conscience is vile and depraved. You can not rely on it to be your guide when it's you who must keep it satisfied.
"
Fencers wrote:
Question:

Do the Area of Effect Radius nodes such as Blast Radius expend the arc or span of Ethereal Knives?

What I mean is if I took nodes to increase the Area of Effect Radius do they increase the width of EK's cone attack?

EK is a projectile only and not an AoE. For future reference the tooltip states under the skill name stuff like AoE, Spell, Fire which will tell you what works with what.

Note that sometimes the tooltip effects don't work with all parts of the spell; deonate dead for example, is listed as a spell but only the physical part scales with spell power. In a case where the tooltip is missing an effect, like EK missing AoE, you can be confident it doesn't benefit. I don't know of any exceptions for that scenario.
Last edited by Shinsoo on Jan 27, 2013, 4:23:40 PM
Hm. Thanks for the reply and information.

Wasn't sure I was explaining myself correctly. So thanks a lot.
Every man's conscience is vile and depraved. You can not rely on it to be your guide when it's you who must keep it satisfied.
i dont get how this skill is balanced when lvl20 EK does twice as much dmg as any other elemental spell in the game,
i was building frozen pulse witch when i found EK, after checking lvl/dmg on wikipedia i dont even know whats the point of using elemental spells when EK is just superior in pretty much ever way and it even gains dmg from way more sources than normal spells(non weapon enhanced dmg,Added Fire Damage etc)
IGN Crakk
Projectile speed increases the range of EK considerably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info