new hierophant 3.13 minimum power charge experiment

"
raanis wrote:
Hey, looks good , would u share pastebin with planned tree ?

still don't have a pastebin. was waiting for the updated tree and patch notes, but i sure will once i create it. first hierophant build i'll try tho.
no third challenge reward since beta lmao
Looks very promising. Was thinking of trying this with a brand build but the only way I see to make a decent one with tulfal is using 2 call of the brotherhoods with storm brand.

That would take away 2 min power charges but seems like it could be pretty good dps.
I did some theorycrafting with this. The result unfortunately is that trying to build around minimum charges just simply isn't worth it. It wasnt the conclusion I was hoping for, but the reality is just focusing on good standard spell caster gear will result in better survivability and DPS.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Looks very promising. Was thinking of trying this with a brand build but the only way I see to make a decent one with tulfal is using 2 call of the brotherhoods with storm brand.

That would take away 2 min power charges but seems like it could be pretty good dps.

if i'm correct, you can get 2 minimum power charges in a crusader shield mod. there's a max power charge in the tree that we are not using so you need to get 1 maximum power charge from another item, i think you can by corrupting the helmet.

also, if you use ephemereal bond amulet, you can get 2 to 40 Lightning Damage per Power Charge and then convert it, wich is nice. also we don't care for the 90% less power charge duration effect on the amulet.
what about using spellslinger to double dip on the wand bonuses?
"
RagingT wrote:

i don't think it's worth it. the wand has no attack damage bonuses but the inherent 30-90 physical damage on it, and we are better using cold damage here. spellslinger applies an 0.6 second cooldown to the supported spell, and ruin the tulfall (10%-15%) cast speed bonus, the frenzy charge cast speed, and the arcane surge cast speed. maybe we can use kinetic bolt with damage conversion into cold, but i guess we are better using other support for our main skill.
A double void battery could work?
"
Scandicvs wrote:
"
RagingT wrote:

i don't think it's worth it. the wand has no attack damage bonuses but the inherent 30-90 physical damage on it, and we are better using cold damage here. spellslinger applies an 0.6 second cooldown to the supported spell, and ruin the tulfall (10%-15%) cast speed bonus, the frenzy charge cast speed, and the arcane surge cast speed. maybe we can use kinetic bolt with damage conversion into cold, but i guess we are better using other support for our main skill.

yes, for some reason i was sure wand slinger gave both speed and damage modifiers of spells to wand attacks. too bad.
"
Andbax wrote:
A double void battery could work?

you need tulfall for generating frenzy charges with this concept. you can use a void battery instead of malachai's loop, for a more aggressive approach.
if you get 6 frenzy charges with this concept, then tulfall becomes better than void battery (you get 90% cold damage and the flat damage per power charge), so dual wielding tulfall can be viable, as long as your max power are one number higher than your minimum power charges.
"
Tygerwoody wrote:
The result unfortunately is that trying to build around minimum charges just simply isn't worth it. It wasnt the conclusion I was hoping for, but the reality is just focusing on good standard spell caster gear will result in better survivability and DPS.

yes, it seems that way. the challenge is to make it work somehow. maybe it can develop better than expected, or become a meme build. either way those are my goals lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info