new hierophant 3.13 minimum power charge experiment

So, in the new season we have an ascendancy notable wich gives us +4 minimum endurance and power charges, and +1 maximum end and powr charges too. this idea revolt around that notable:

GEAR (will only list the important nodes for the build mechanic, at maxed value)

°weapon = tullfall
15 - 25 cold damage to spells per power charge
15% increased cold damage per frenzy charge
gain a frenzy charge on reaching maximum pow charges
lose all power charges on reaching max pow charges

°shield = malachai's loop (just for the spell damage and the max p.c.)
+2 max power charges
20% chance to gain a pow charge on crit
16% inc spell damage per power charge
lose all power charges on reaching max pow charges
shocks you on reaching max pow charges

°helmet = willclash
5% chance to block spell dmg per pow charge
5% increased elemental dmg per pow charge
gain a pow charge every second if you haven't lose a power charge recently
lose all pow charge on block

°amulet = badge of the brotherhood (expensive, not really necesary)
max frenzy charges equal to max pow charges
10% inc effect of elusive buff on you per power charge
23% chance to lose a pow charge on gaining elusive
10% cooldown recovery for travel skill per frenzy charge
23% chance to lose a frenzy charge on using a travel skill

°two rings with +1 minimum power charges on them

MAX POW/(FRENZY CHARGES) = 8/9
°+3 basic pow charges
°+1 pow from ascendancy notable
°+2 from tree (you can get 3 actually)
°+2 from malachai's loop

MIN POW CHARGES = 7
°4 from ascendancy
°2 from rings
°1 from tree

---------

MY THEORY:
We basically gain a frenzy charge every time we get a power charge.
How we gain power charges:
If we are not in combat, then we gain 1 power charge every 4 seconds (willclash)
If we are in combat, we have 20% chance on hit to gain one (malachai's loop)
We supress the power charge losing effects for our adventaje
We are shocked
We are never on maximum power charges
+105/175 col damage to spells
+45% (120%) cold damage
+112% spell damage
+35% block spell chance
+35% increased elemental damage
(+70% increased effect of elusive)
(+80% cooldown recovery for travel skills)

---------

badge of the brotherhood is pretty expensive, and it is not really necesary for the build. mods affected by it are in ()

hope we can share some ideas. I think this can work, and will try it using brands probalby

cheers
no third challenge reward since beta lmao
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2021, 4:46:19 AM
Hey, looks good , would u share pastebin with planned tree ?
I'm not sure if the statement "We are never on maximum power charges" is correct. You would still gain power charges up to your new maximum, then go back down to the minimum 4, no? So you would still get shocked and lose 3 power charges.
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Jan 12, 2021, 11:29:45 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
I'm not sure if the statement "We are never on maximum power charges" is correct. You would still gain power charges up to your new maximum, then go back down to the minimum 4, no? So you would still get shocked and lose 3 power charges.

well u got 7 MINUMUM power charges and 8 maximum so that means everytime u get a power charge from crit u got down to 7 and gain frenzy charge

the main issue for me is the shock cus been shocked and geting 50% increased damage sound like pain

nice idea tho
if you got for min 7 max 8, every time you gain a power charge you gain a frenzy charge instead
I looking forward to a brand build would this be viable for stormbrand ? with converting damage to cold?
also, illuminated devotion should take care of being shocked (you get elemental ailment immunity while you have arcane surge)
I wonder how it will work Militant Faith with "Inner Conviction".

You can get 3% more Spell Damage per Power Charge. +21% "more" dmg sounds strong.

But "Gain Power Charges instead of Frenzy Charges" this means charges are replaced? Or just if there is a "get Frenzy charge on hit" mod you will get Power Charges.
Last edited by kalagen3 on Jan 12, 2021, 5:30:24 PM
"
kalagen3 wrote:
I wonder how it will work Militant Faith with "Inner Conviction".

You can get 3% more Spell Damage per Power Charge. +21% "more" dmg sounds strong.

But "Gain Power Charges instead of Frenzy Charges" this means charges are replaced? Or just if there is a "get Frenzy charge on hit" mod you will get Power Charges.

this means you cant get frenzy charges anymore, no matter the source. only your minimum frenzy charges remain if you have militant faith, and we have none :(
"
pandaloco wrote:
I looking forward to a brand build would this be viable for stormbrand ? with converting damage to cold?

yes, i believe this can be viable with any spell skill. still don't know if the "losing power charges on block" on willclash will stop the periodically power charge building it also gives, but i guess this toon will still get 1 frenzy charge every 4 seconds, as we are not really losing any power charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info