[3.25] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content is done

"
Murmuüre wrote:
As melee and phys damage build I'm very interested in what retaliation skill and banner can fit well. It looks like this can give good buffs.

Considering that banners require you to kill with melee weapon to charge up and retaliation having 4 second cooldown and has to be used manualy I don't see how it can be included.

But hey - wildwood specters are promised to be back even though with weaker auras
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jul 22, 2024, 8:12:09 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Considering that banners require you to kill with melee weapon to charge up and retaliation having 4 second cooldown and has to be used manualy I don't see how it can be included.

Gravebind gloves - Nearby Enemies Killed by anyone count as being Killed by you instead. And sceptre is melee weapon. But for bosses vixen gloves give +1 curse.
After banner placed it works like aura for allies.
I will check this in live game.

Upd:
And also, I'm planning to use new Flesh and Stone aura.
Last edited by Murmuüre on Jul 22, 2024, 8:31:15 AM
"
Murmuüre wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Gravebind gloves - Nearby Enemies Killed by anyone count as being Killed by you instead. And sceptre is melee weapon. But for bosses vixen gloves give +1 curse.
After banner placed it works like aura for allies.
I will check this in live game.

Upd:
And also, I'm planning to use new Flesh and Stone aura.

Killed by you =/= killed by melee weapon. And is there even a valuable buff you can get from a banner? I don't think my eye caught anything good.

And flesh and stone is a bait - I wrote why. Still - can be a decent addition to the build if we can get some aura specter.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Killed by you =/= killed by melee weapon. And is there even a valuable buff you can get from a banner? I don't think my eye caught anything good.

Right now yes, if nothing interesting is added, then skip. I'm waiting for information about gems.
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
And flesh and stone is a bait - I wrote why. Still - can be a decent addition to the build if we can get some aura specter.

Usually when I use Static strike, I'm standing right next to the enemy, same with shield charge - I push through enemies, so don't see any problems with aura radius.
Alright PoB has been updated and….

Well Im not gonna lie to you, things are not looking too great. I didn’t expect nerfs to be so masterfully hidden and written as buffs.

There are several big problems that needs to be solved, most likely during league, as I cant really predict how good or (most likely – bad) things will feel in game after such changes.

Nerf 1 – Resistances.

Spoiler
That is prolly the biggest thing. There are no resistances anymore. None. Passive points that granted them – nerfed to the ground. Endurance charges – give 0. Its such a massive hit to stats that you prolly gonna need to use prismatic catalysts ASAP.

You also gonna have to take Alira for sure. And that means -1 skill point
Its mind blowing to me that this is an issue on Necromancer of all classes that has passive +30% all res.

On top of that – going from previously fair bit of overcap res because of endurance charges to having struggles to simply cap resists means that every time you get cursed – you will feel it and prolly melt.

Nerf 2 – passive point starvation (and as result of it – reduction to life)
Spoiler

There are 2 major reasons for this.
1)Gravepact passive ring leading to new Minion mastery of 50% chance to ignore phys reduction. (-5 passive points)
2)Nomadic teachings passive ring leading to +2 Max res and CB immunity. (-4 passive points)

I… honestly think that both of these close-to-grab passives are just a massive bait at this point.

CB is usually taken at cost of 2 points for jewel slot. And Gravepact is not only weak but the 50% chance to ignore phys reduction is… well… not like you need it after you start doing like 30 mills of damage.

+2 Max res also seems pretty nice but again, without any support to that, and as a stand alone…

Idk, tweaking this build is not easy, considering how TIGHT it already were for passive points.

You kinda wanna to grab the good stuff, but that means you will have to cut through life and raw damage nodes to get those 10 extra passive points for utility.

My guess for now – you take that early game then respect out of it later. And that is exactly what I did with updated PoB trees.

Passive point starvation also means you will have much harder time finding a good Elegant Hubris that doesn’t cost too many points.

Nerf 3 – Mana and life problems
Spoiler

So lets start with life because its straight forward. 20 less life and less life nodes (read above) means we are looking at around 3k life compared to 3500+ fro last time.

Life rolls on items can fix that to the extent, but we don’t know how easy it will be to obtain. And I’m not sure If life rolls affect jewelry (my guess is a no)

Mana is a bit more complex. Life mastery for mana cost of skills paid in life was gutted. What that means is that your offerings will now cost 65 mana.
And that means you need at least 150~ mana to feel comfortable using 2 offerings.

Combine it with the fact that you are most likely NOT taking Heart and Soul passive (12% increased maximum mana) because of lack of points and we have a problem.

It might even be a reason to invest into lifetap later on with new anoint for no-corpse-offering.

Mana has already been a problem people bumped into time to time, but now its much much bigger.

So these are 3 major concerns about the build. Now lets talk about good stuff

Endurance charges and Determination (armor)

Spoiler
Obviously, endu charges got buffed. While they starve you on free resists, the flat elemental reduction bumps the EHP pool so much that even when taking away life nodes, you still somehow end up tankier than before.
At least on paper.

Combines well with sources of +Max res that tree now has for a very sizable max ele hit pool. So as long as we can actually cap resist it should be better.

And, of course, with Elemental Aegis.

More of a late game thing than anything, but still – nice.

Surprisingly same can be said about armor. While determination was nerfed and Taste of Hate pretty much deleted, we still get reasonable 20-30k armor by taking back second armor flask.

Extra armor from new boot bases and quality should also feel nice.

Gear buffs
Spoiler
So, since we don’t have new hear with extra base stats and high roll mods, or even rings with better resists – PoB won’t reflect how much tankiness we are missing until I update it with real life items during the league.

So keep that in mind

It also worth mentioning that with Runes, Recombinator and Faustus black market the ability to craft AT LEAST uber weapon is just sky high.

Throw in some sick minion damage rings you can recombine with unset ring bases and we might just get more power than ever before.

Still – I hesitate to list that as a positive change because well… it’s a league mechanic. It will go away.

Wildwood specters are back
Spoiler
Looks like every Aura specter made their return. GGG promised that they are getting nerfed, but the thing is – even if they provide lvl 1 auras – its huge.

The difference between lvl1 and lvl 20 Pride-Zeal is about 10% dps.

So that might just help solve mana problems from above, given we can actually fit in a specter.

Just to remind you what we looking for
Pain Artist – Zeal aura and extra crit multi on top.
Blood Demon – Pride aura
Naval Officer – fortify and precision

That being said – these guys add a lot of screen clutter, not a big fan of that.

More block in passives.
Spoiler
You can easily overcap on block now, even early on, and that means few things, even though minor ones.

You no longer need to use early Daresso shield to block cap with it, although I still advise doing that anyway. You gonna need it for AG so might as well use it for a bit yourself, and it has a decent base line armor and resists.

But, you could easily replace it with just a rare shield with lots of armor.

You also don’t need to use Anvil anymore. But again – I advise to use it anyway for that sweet extra armor and mana/life on block. Even if block chance stat is now usless, still a great thing to have.

But you could as well use other options – like Warped Timepiece for speed and utility or a rare amulet to fix resistances and dex needs early on.

Having high/capped block also means you can shuffle some passive points around – reflected that in PoB.

Afterword

TL;DR of that is:
- Early game might feel rough for survivability (less resists, less armor) – hopefully we can fix that with buffed stats.

- Help Alira for resists – you are most likely gonna need them. A lot.

- B-line into Inexorable. For endurance charges. You already should have been doing that anyway, now its even more of a priority. Or try getting early Rote Reinforcements. Ignore that if Specter Enduring Cry grants endurance charges.

And that would be it.
Few more words for those who consider starting the build with us

First things first – discord exists – and with it comes my (and other relic cultists) support over the league. There is a fair bit of room to error in this build – we will fix it for you.

Feeling stuck, need specific specters, or just wanna boasts you gear – always welcome to hop in.

The changes this league are vast. I adjusted PoB as much as I could, but there 100% gonna be something new, so keep track on changes – I will be starting this build and posting progress as we go.

That also means - update PoB link if it changes - its prolly gonna evolve from what is it now.

Look in the videos (especially day 0, day1 ones) for gameplay and FAQ. Maybe try it out yourself just to see if you like the playstyle. Its not for everyone.

Basically – don’t get baited. You decided to play Flicker Strike Summoner. You are the only one to blame for your poor life choices.

Hope to see everyone next league and hope you will have a great time!

NEW POB
https://pobb.in/MBT-G235fBI_
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jul 25, 2024, 4:10:06 AM
If I got new oil anoint my choice for spectres 2xDemon Harpy, Pain Artist, Naval Officer (as we don't use Kingmaker on AG anymore).

Also, my self-crafted sceptre for build, can explain how to craft this step by step. In new league recombination can help, but it will be more expensive I think

"
Fire_Archer wrote:
I made unkillable (to this day) AG that can survive oneshots and high DPS like 10essence map boss. Its in a PoB/post above.

Can you please explain from where is this damage boost on AG come from?
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
I made unkillable (to this day) AG that can survive oneshots and high DPS like 10essence map boss. Its in a PoB/post above.

Can you please explain from where is this damage boost on AG come from? [/quote]

What damage boost? I'm saying AG can survive the damage of 10 essence map boss. Such bosses have high dps.

If you are asking how AG survies - its fairly simple.
1) Sap on block is better than kingsmaker because kingsmaker does not give AG fortify - only to those around him. Sap just reduces damage by 6% to everone.
2) %max HP and ES on helm boost already high values of hp and es from bone barier
3) %ES on block recovers that massive ES so its always full - to stop the oneshots as well as deal with rapid attacks of high attack speed enemies or DD of multiple corpses. Its basically like having Aegis Aurora but on steroids because of the high ES pool.
Alright day 0 repots.

LEague is pretty relaxing - makes me want to play game more instead of making reports so I'll keep it sort.

Current PoB - https://pobb.in/DiJwvQbgRdbd - something I finished acts with and slowly doing yellow maps. Gonna upgrade soon - so loaded it before upgrades.

There are few things that caught my eye though.

Resistances and armor
Spoiler
Resistances holds thanks to Alira.

But sadly I can't say the same about phys mitigation. Its pretty damn bad. I didn't expect it to be this bad considering we have 2 armor flasks. And its gonna get even worse once I start including 0 armor uniques in.

Felt pretty squishy duing acts too. Turns out - GGG also removes flat armor from passive tree. Wear armor - or die. Also Ghastly Theater is also an option I guess.

With that Determination is basically - 50% mana - do nothing. So Im not sure what to do with that yet, but be aware - tanking phys hits gonna be rough.

Trigger craft is gone from Betrayal.
Spoiler
You can get the craft itself (8 second cooldown) from acts no! Its in the refinery but you will have to look around for the trapdoor leaing to it. Its around the map and not next to the boss.

This will let you craft your uber weapon straight from acts.

However... This also means you can no longer unveil trigger at all. It will only come as a random drop from Alva temple. Big rip.

Warped Timepiece is amaizng
Spoiler
Great aliternative to Anvil if you wanna go fast. And not only it speeds you up, it also reduces duration of nasty dots like bleeding on you.

You will lose Anvil armor, but it might just be worth it.

Desecrate is bugged
Cant desecrate Demon Harpy even if you have it. Rip sharing.

Video Showcase of Day 0 perfomance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up4EMQKhqiE

Swapping around Shieldcharge and Flicker to see what feels better, but honestly - its pick your poison.
Shieldcharge - feels amazing untill you start bumping against every invisible wall and every corner.
Flicker - moves you over terrain and corners, but feels terrible when there are no enemies.

looking at the POB and i see 1900% atk speed as custom. whats going on there?
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Trigger craft is gone from Betrayal.

Strange, in patch notes nothing about that, you sure?

"
Cant desecrate Demon Harpy even if you have it. Rip sharing.

Where can we get them now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info