[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

Having a blast with this build so far, just trying to farm currency with it to get better gear atm. Do you have an updated PoB for this league, or are you pretty much running the exact same setup?
Got to 16mil+ shaper dps. 35mil+ max hit. Build is farming the Realms invites, haven't tried The Feared yet though. Was able to do wave 20 of a simularum today too.

From my experiences after switching to proper boots, Kaom's should be 100% dropped once you have the currency to upgrade to two-toned boots with 110+ life. The movespeed and additional sockets are just too good to pass on if you want to push this build to do super lategame stuff.

Added Vaal ancestral warchief as well to boop bosses even better. Regular warchief is adding 15% to my dps on PoB.
I finally levelled my Jugg and slowly building this character, although I notice I can barely do T5 maps. By barely I mean I need to be careful about incoming damage, dodging projectiles, etc.
I was wondering if I'm missing something or I don't know? Pretty sure I should be able to tank stuff properly, although I feel like I need some dodge, more armour or elemental ailments avoidance? I know I don't have the last 2 points in ascendancies, but that should just give me some armour and damage mostly.

Here's my POB if someone is kind enough to guide me: https://pastebin.com/LRf8sE7v

Thanks, sick build!
"
I finally levelled my Jugg and slowly building this character, although I notice I can barely do T5 maps. By barely I mean I need to be careful about incoming damage, dodging projectiles, etc.
I was wondering if I'm missing something or I don't know? Pretty sure I should be able to tank stuff properly, although I feel like I need some dodge, more armour or elemental ailments avoidance? I know I don't have the last 2 points in ascendancies, but that should just give me some armour and damage mostly.

Here's my POB if someone is kind enough to guide me: https://pastebin.com/LRf8sE7v

Thanks, sick build!

I'm having a similar issue. I'm used to juggs being ultra tanky, but I even at full endurance charges, I'm getting raped in certain maps/rituals. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I remember jugg being way tankier than this.
The build survives by using leap slam and seismic cry to disrupt packs you jump into, and ice crashing as soon as possible against anything dangerous.

"

Your final ascendancy passive will help. The increased aoe helps you knockback and stun enemies better as well as giving you more ice crash coverage.

Your resists are not capped without your endurance charges, so you're leaving yourself open to a real pain train when they aren't up.

For dps you want to upgrade to a fleshripper ASAP. You have 400%+ crit multi but barely any crit chance. Debeon's isn't helpful for this build as it nerfs your warcry aoe and provides little physical damage (which we scale off much, much more than flat cold). You can probably get a fleshripper for under an ex that would increase your dps by at least 50%. Try to find one with attack speed as well.
As mentioned earlier, I also struggled with survivability. DPS does help to some extent, but all the uniques we use make it really hard to buff up until you get to the point where you can replace Kaom's, and maybe Romira's if you can generate power charges from armor, which it looks like it's gonna run 15-20 ex.

One thing I've noticed is that with the change to enduring cry, you're going to be very vulnerable without endurance charges after death. Divergent urgent orders is about an ex and gives minimum 10 power to war cries - you can put enduring cry into weapon switch and buff up again, which has helped me juggle resistances.
"
One thing I've noticed is that with the change to enduring cry, you're going to be very vulnerable without endurance charges after death.

It is rare that we don't get them back quickly from leaping and slamming into a pack. With Unyielding, we have a 1/4 chance of gaining a charge when we stun with leap slam per enemy. Each time that happens, we have an additional 1/4 chance of getting max charges. If anything that isn't stunned starts hitting us, we have a 3/10 chance of getting a charge from each hit, and the 1/4 chance to get max from that applies to that too.

Theoritically this build should struggle with simulacrums, as the time between each wave makes our charges drop. I recently did a whole Simulacrum deathless, however - the answer is attack and warcry speed. This build does not simply 'facetank' lategame content. It outplays it. You have to know non-stop whether to slap, leap towards/away from something, or use a warcry. The more practice you get, the smoother your experience will be. But you need high enough attack speed to slam/leap away before things get ugly, and high enough average hit damage to reliably oneshot packs.

I cannot recommend urgent orders in any form. Having to weapon swap to build charges cuts into the pace and flow of the build and ultimately leaves you more vulenrable as you give enemies that you've aggro'd more time to attack and mobilize against you, instead of commiting to a proper rotation of seismic cry, leap slam and ice crash. Remember that we need to ice crash something to get fortify.

From what I can tell, the reason you're running low on endurance charges so often is that you're running immortal call, which consumes them every time you take 528 damage on a short cooldown. Unless you have much faster attack and warcry speed, immortal call is going to make you more vulnerable than it will protect you. With molten shell, your charges will never be consumed, and as long as you get a new one via one of the ugg ascendancy mechanics every 15 or so seconds, you should be at max charges non-stop while mapping.

Anyone struggling with early maps should not consider spending a whole exalt on a support gem that decreases overall dps just because it lets you enduring cry away from packs or bosses, for a measly 2 charges 75% of the time. Scale your pDPS and attack speed first, then save for a pandemonius.

Kaom's is really a more 'buff' alternative to real boots, as they give more life and can give an extra max endurance charge from the corrupt. Real boots give us resists, which just frees up slots on jewels for more crit multi, and move speed, which helps us get out of danger faster. Attack/cast speed enchant is also good for mapping.
"
JekoJeko wrote:

It is rare that we don't get them back quickly from leaping and slamming into a pack. With Unyielding, we have a 1/4 chance of gaining a charge when we stun with leap slam per enemy. Each time that happens, we have an additional 1/4 chance of getting max charges. If anything that isn't stunned starts hitting us, we have a 3/10 chance of getting a charge from each hit, and the 1/4 chance to get max from that applies to that too.

As far as I can tell, the stun on leap slam mainly applies if the enemy is full life (of course, you can also stun from regular hits). When you jump into a pack and die, or you get sniped by a baran pack from long range, you're not going to be able to get back your charges by leap slamming the same pack again.

Look, you're obviously a more experienced player then I am, and you're right that 1 ex on the support gem isn't the absolute best way to spend your currency in early maps, but it helped me and I really think I'm on to something. With the Enduring Cry - Second Wind - Divergent Urgent Orders in my weapon switch, I'm usually at full charges before every pack, which allows me to neglect my resistances a bit, making it much easier to gear and slot in stuff like surgebringer and pandemonious.

Going for molten shell instead is a good idea. I'll try that and see what happens.
Last edited by sweatdisco on Jan 30, 2021, 1:09:47 PM
"
you're not going to be able to get back your charges by leap slamming the same pack again.

If you ever feel the need to leap slam into the same pack twice you do not have enough dps to be doing the tier of maps you're doing. The rotation is slam into pack, ice crash/seismic cry+ice crash, slam into next pack. If you're just about not killing things, you should be at least freezing them and following up with a second crash quickly.

The build scales dps very easily as long as you are running a fleshripper with at least some pDPS mods. The one I used to do red maps comfortably is now sitting in a trade tab isn't even selling for an ex.

If you have problems with being sniped, spending time running around away from mobs to try to get endurance charges back isn't going to help you. This is very much a 'kill before you're killed' build. More attack speed = faster slams and leaps, which means more windows to use an emergency enduring cry to stay alive.

"
I'm usually at full charges before every pack, which allows me to neglect my resistances a bit, making it much easier to gear and slot in stuff like surgebringer and pandemonious.

I had no issues capping resists by using jewels. You can get much more in the way of resists on your own jewels quite cheaply. Then as you get gear with more resists you can change those jewels for ones with more dmg mods.

Taste of hate will also help your survivability. Turns some phys damage into cold, while reducing cold damage taken. Once you have a Vise and a t1 onslaught on kill jewel it's worth dropping the silver flask for.

Pandemonius adds 40% cold resist, which is more total res than your current amulet. Not hard to squeeze in in terms of resistances. Once you have enough to upgrade boots, you can also start taking advantage of its blind. Surgebinders are a tigher squeeze but add so much dps that they're worth getting as soon as you can permacap resistances otherwise

My other issue with a weapon swap playstyle is that it slows down the currency generation of the build. Slower mapping on an already slower build, plus less slots for levelling things in the offhand. It would be reasonable for early mapping before you've gained more dps and can buldoze packs better if it didn't cost around an exalt.
Last edited by JekoJeko on Jan 30, 2021, 1:51:51 PM
Would you mind taking a look at my gear and telling me what I should look to upgrade next? I spend 2.3 ex on the chest, and I have 2 ex left atm. I'm thinking a Fleshripper, but I don't know what stats to prioritize. Cold damage? Crit? Phys dps?

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info