[3.25] Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-Axe-Crit (FREEZE THE GAME) 100% Crit Rate Full Screen Explosions

Is this build getting any tweeks or upgrades in the nes 3.13 patch?
Still enjoying the build. Currently the top dps ice crash jugg in ritual softcore on poe.ninja. Sitting on about 8-9mil shaper dps after one week, which isn't bad at all.

A few thoughts:

1) Kaom's is definitely something I want to drop eventually, for a pair of two-toned boots with life and chaos resist (so I can drop Unrelenting easier for Unstoppable). Probably want redeemer influence for potentially more phys as extra cold since we lose some dps by dropping a max endurance charge. The loss of life would be okay, I die more to being bombarded by multiple things I can't dodge fast enough than to big stinky hits that I have to tank, and getting access to the benefits of blind + much more mobility will help with that a lot.

2) Frost bomb. Unless I'm due a brain exam, this build doesn't have a source of cold exposure. Until I get proper boots I'm swapping out increased aoe support on the warcries for it while bossing. Huge dps increase, and gets the benefits of second wind.

3) Once I get boots with sockets I'm thinking about experimenting with a second cwdt setup (since we can't use more auras, and having more things to cast means less time screaming and smashing). Could put frostbomb on there with increased duration, maybe assassin's mark if it works?

4) %max life on the stygian vise would be another good chase item to make up for losing life from dropping kaom's.

5) I would recommend Deep Breaths for anyone doing the build; it isn't on your optimized PoB but I think stacking cooldown recovery speed adds too much QoL and survivability, especially while the build runs kaom's, because enduring cry uptime is our number one way of staying alive. The cluster shaves 2 seconds off the cooldown for me, down to 4.52 seconds, and also brings the cooldowns of the other warcries down to 3.69 seconds. Lower cooldown on enduring cry also makes it more viable to use immortal call, which I believe does better against getting shotgunned than molten shell.
Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. I've been trying to make a tec slam chieftain work as my first melee build in Harvest, but had difficulties with the playstyle. This is the second try for slams, and it's going better - just grinding into mid-red maps, but haven't fought Sirus yet.

Unfortunately, I find myself dying fairly quickly in T13+ maps currently, at 5k life and 7 endurance charges. It looks like it's mainly big physical hits while trying to get into melee range of mobs that are a problem, although chaos causes issues also (currently at -20% chaos res, will fix soon).

I understand how dps can be scaled further, but I'm not seeing many survivability increases in the future of the build. I can get 50 more flat life on body armor, but once I exchange the amulet for pandemonius that cancels out the effect, and I'm a bit worried about ripping on white T16s. Is that something to worry about with this build? Does the blind from Pandemonius make that much of a difference? I wonder if I'm not using enduring cry correctly, I currently have it as sort of a backuo health potion, and sometimes I cast it as part of my slam rotation when enemies are nearby. Any advice?

Also, I was wondering how the build sustains frenzy charges. As far as I can tell, the only method is through the Surgebinders steal, but I can't imagine that that is enough. Any advice?

Thanks again for the build, I'm having a lot of fun with it right now, and I hope it stays the same way until endgame.
Last edited by sweatdisco on Jan 23, 2021, 3:09:42 AM
"

Also, I was wondering how the build sustains frenzy charges. As far as I can tell, the only method is through the Surgebinders steal, but I can't imagine that that is enough. Any advice?

Im currently at 90 lvl jugg ice crash too and this build cant die hahah at least for now... im running tier 11 to 13 maps now and so far i only die if many multiple hits on me and i cant react to it and use enduring cry.

Im using a exerted has more dmg gloves the new kind of gloves and its not bad for now but im not sure if surgebinder is better or the gloves with 40+ increased cold dmg against chilled enemies
as for more movement speed u can get onslaught on kill from the abyssal jewel and unholy str(i liked this to kill those rares with energy shield)
for now thats all but ill like to trade thoughts with u:))
"
Unfortunately, I find myself dying fairly quickly in T13+ maps currently, at 5k life and 7 endurance charges. It looks like it's mainly big physical hits while trying to get into melee range of mobs that are a problem, although chaos causes issues also (currently at -20% chaos res, will fix soon).

How good is your attack speed? You generally want to be leap slamming into mobs to stun most of them and then follow up with a quick ice crash. Against turbo mobs the build can still struggle, but otherwise you should be able to reliably hit things before they can hit you, as long as you have a decent attack speed mod on your axe and all the scaling the build provides. Onslaught on kill abyss jewel helps in that regard too.

The blind from pandemonius does not help your survivability if you are running Kaom's, as you cannot evade enemy attacks. Pandemonius' main power is in the negation of enemy cold res. Replacing Kaom's to take advantage of the blind is viable but costly - you'd need good chaos res on your boots so that you can drop Unrelenting for Unstoppable.

Enduring cry is indeed one of your best 'health potions' - your other warcries should also be restoring 500 hp-ish per use. I would recommend taking the Deep Breaths cluster (it's not allocated on the regular PoB), as it dramatically reduces the cooldown of your warcries, and thus your survivability.

The build gets its frenzy charges through blood rage which is bound to lv 1 CWDT for easy uptime while mapping. You shoudl get this set up - the gems are kept low level so they're not expensive to get. CWDT, blood rage, frostbite and molten shell or immortal cry all linked. Your inspiration and power charge on crit setup isn't doing much, since romira's generates your power charges easily.

Looking at your gear, I would recommend upgrading your flasks ASAP. Lion's Roar gives you lots more knockback, and wise oak and taste of hate boost your dps a lot while mapping. You should not need a mana flask sice you have taken the 0.4% mana leech node. Keep the diamond flask, and beast craft bleed removal on your life flask.

In the end, the incredibly frontloaded damage of the build is what makes it more survivable in lategame content. With enough dps you won't need to worry about proper warcry rotations in order to sweep through t16 maps. Things just die. Bosses especially.

can you help me check my character too:))
Having a hard time figuring out how much our crit chance suffers without power charges from Romira's Banquet.

Currently using a T1 accuracy ring with some life that has Frostbite on hit and saving the next ring slot for Circle of Fear. Removed Frostbite from my CWDT and changed it into Frost Bomb, Immortal Call, Blood Rage.

Is there any other way for us to generate power charges? Perhaps from a crafted Redeemer's weapon?
Been playing this build for a couple of weeks now, but I don't feel very tanky.

5k life, 7 end charges, resistances maxed.

Also damage does not feel that good. Sometimes a hit does 25% of a boss health, sometimes feels like I barely scratched it.
100% hit chance as well.
"
Been playing this build for a couple of weeks now, but I don't feel very tanky.

5k life, 7 end charges, resistances maxed.

Also damage does not feel that good. Sometimes a hit does 25% of a boss health, sometimes feels like I barely scratched it.
100% hit chance as well.

Your damage is based on various buffs from warcries and other sources (especially lots of cold pen) aligning. Once you have Pandemonius it only shreds resistance on chilled enemies. You also have to be hit to curse enemies with frostbite.

Your tankiness comes from the amount of quick healing you can produce regularly from warcries and the fact that you should be oneshotting or at least fully freezing every pack you leap slam into with one ice crash. Take Deep Breaths if you want more Enduring Cry uptime and easier rotations.

I would focus on upgrading your weapon. Chance to deal double damage doesn't do much when Intimidating Cry brings that chance to 100%. Drop mana flask, it does nothing except waste a slot. If you feel mana hungry stop warcrying multiple times before you've slammed something. Get Lion's Roar, Wise Oak and Taste of Hate, they are all relatively cheap. Get Romiras for power charges and fix resists if needed via jewels. Surgbinders as well once you can get more life from something else.

You aren't running Kaom's, Unstoppable or Unwavering stance, so how are you getting stun immunity? It is essential for survival. Also, you need fortify support on ice crash. Drop cold pen.

Your CWDT is also far too high level. you want it at lv 1 so it procs on any instance of damage. Swap Molten Shell for immortal call, it gives more EHP when you need it and you get the charges back fast. Get Blood magic off your warcry setup and leap slam. The build is not mana hungry.

"
Having a hard time figuring out how much our crit chance suffers without power charges from Romira's Banquet.

Load up the build in PoB and disable power charges. It loses a little over 10% effective crit chance.

Frost bomb is a great call, eseically to counter Maven healing. You can get both frostbite and frost bomb going super comfortably once you have enough $$$ to drop Kaom's and buy/craft some fast boots with life and chaos resist (so you can drop Unrelenting for Unstoppable comfortably) and can put both on two different CWDT setup. Before that you can save up for a pandemonius and get cold pen from that, while exchaning inc aoe support for selfcast frost bomb for bossing (unless you absolutely hate gemswapping). IMO Frostbite on hit isn't as good as CWDT frostbite anyway because the latter can proc as your first hit is going to connect, which ups oneshot potential as the build gets into nutty dmg numbers.

You don't want to lose a weapon mod slot for power charge generation, and redeemer influence only gives endurance and frenzy charges anyway. I've got to around 9mil shaper dps and I'm still using Romira's. It's best in slot until you're mega rich and can afford power charge on crit chest mod, probably.

"
can you help me check my character too:))

Get lion's roar and drop basalt flask. Get an instant or semi-instant divine life flask with bleed immunity

Your gloves might sound good on paper but the warcry cd nerf is a big dps loss as it affects your optimal rotation. Also hits your survivability hard. I would say surgebinders are more consistent dps. You don't lose any oneshot potential with them.

Your mapping will also get faster and smoother if you take Deep Breaths. Use PoB to figure out what you lose the least dps dropping for that cluster.

Reduce your CWDT to 1 and adjust gems accordingly. You get a marginal boost to the supported gem's power for much, much less uptime.

Pandemonius would be your biggest upgrade right now. Your Circle of Fear also has the lowest cold damage increase you can get, probably worth divining. You can also get 20% more crit multi by divining abyssus. Good job getting the enchant though - I was seeing those for 10ex when I livesearched for them.
Last edited by JekoJeko on Jan 24, 2021, 8:42:07 PM
"

Get lion's roar and drop basalt flask. Get an instant or semi-instant divine life flask with bleed immunity

Your gloves might sound good on paper but the warcry cd nerf is a big dps loss as it affects your optimal rotation. Also hits your survivability hard. I would say surgebinders are more consistent dps. You don't lose any oneshot potential with them.

Your mapping will also get faster and smoother if you take Deep Breaths. Use PoB to figure out what you lose the least dps dropping for that cluster.

Reduce your CWDT to 1 and adjust gems accordingly. You get a marginal boost to the supported gem's power for much, much less uptime.

Pandemonius would be your biggest upgrade right now. Your Circle of Fear also has the lowest cold damage increase you can get, probably worth divining. You can also get 20% more crit multi by divining abyssus. Good job getting the enchant though - I was seeing those for 10ex when I livesearched for them.

Thank you so much for the input!!!
Yes i am using lion roar now and i will try getting a surgebinder(should i get a corrupted one with any good implicts in mind?) I will get divineesss tooo for anointment is heart of ice the best or wat do u have in mind haha ? Thanks alot once again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info