[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
kubicka wrote:
I've completed my transition to ES version of this build and I think I should wait a few days to do that. Now I have just 6735 ES and only 110 unreserved mana meaning I can cast only one Storm Brand.

How should I solve that?

your gear looks solid. Remove innervate till you have enlighten 3
"
Kanobe wrote:
I played this from league start and had a pretty easy time (aside from some of the pre-nerf delerium bosses). I've cleared the majority of the atlas, A8 Sirus, Shaper and 20/20 Simulacrum so far.

"

A couple of things I found:
- Tranquility is likely to be the highest damage anointment
- Inspiration is worth using over added lightning when leveling enlighten, just for the mana cost reduction (turns out it's higher damage for me anyway).
- Second Wind (new support) beats out Empower 3 for cooldown recovery on brand recall. I ended up using Brand Recall (7) + Empower (3) + Second Wind (20/20) + arcane surge.
- Vaal Molten shell is really strong even with just a granite of iron skin.
- Personally I preferred also linking faster attacks to shield charge.
- Aspect of the spider is an option instead of flesh and stone.

For speed mapping I found there were two major limitations for the build
- Number of targets hit per brand per cast, this became apperant in highly dense maps (I plan to test chain).
- Clear speed ends up restricted to the cooldown of Brand recall. Even at a 1.44 second cool down I often found myself shield charging towards a pack with it unavailable (dangerous).

I think the main items I have left to upgrade now are:
- Bottled faith (7% dmg)
- Wand (Multi-modded example only shows a 0.5% dmg increase)
- Double zealotry watchers (6% dmg)
- Awakened added lightning

However, I might call it here as I think the damage is plenty and it's other factors holding the build back now.

Thanks for the guide MetalCrawler!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
"
sikazo wrote:

Is this worthy of multicraft for getting crit multiplier?

Its like 50k more dps vs just like that.

nope, try looking for a crafted one like the one I showed in the crafting section.
Little update:

Shaper and awakener are not much of a problem. Damage is in a good position :-).

I managed to get a bit of stuff lately. Got a new shiny belt (dropped bated breath), changed a ring, got both awakened gems and got a thread of hope. Meanwhile I tried to craft a shield and ended up having a shield with all t1 ES mods (but no crit) but was good cash. Now I'll try to buy a 86 shaper base to craft something with ES on block, ES and Crit if possible.

I also managed to get this crafting base for 150c (which I consider really cheap, after failing to craft something similar. Base is ofc inferior to opal wand but doesn't matter to much)

Now I just need the t3 non-chaos as extra chaos damage craft and can start multimod :-).

Further improvements:

-get bottled faith
-medium cluster jewel for brands (and change tree a bit to get some free points, drop breath of rime and practical application, if I can stats somewhere else i.e. small passives on cluster)
-upgrade my small cluster jewel
-upgrade gloves to fingerless silk gloves maybe or try to craft some with more resist or dex (don't know atm if dex is possible on es base)
-craft boots with ES and maybe tailwind or elusive
-recraft helm
-upgrade normal jewels to double multi + ES mods
-double corrupt shavs

Thanks for the build!
Last edited by coutoo on Mar 24, 2020, 8:07:37 PM
Hey,

since I'm mostly done with everything and had a great time I want to thank Crawler for the guide, worked pretty well for me.

This is my gear as of right now and I could blast everything with much less, as a beginner (first season I played from the start, 2nd week of Metamorph I started playing PoE) I can confirm this guide/build is really worth a try.

Guess a better Watchers Eye, Red Nightmare, Culling Gloves, more Lv. 21 Gems and more ES + Damage combined on my items are the next upgrades to min/max but if you have advice it would be appreciated.

I'm trying things with cluster jewels but not sure where to get the passive points, removed the +30 Strenght Node and maybe +30 DEX but otherwise its kinda hard. I think they are pretty useful to max out Chaos Resistance while getting great damage out of it.

Anyway, again thx for the guide and hf everyone.

Last edited by Sayuro_ on Mar 25, 2020, 12:19:14 AM
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Hey,

since I'm mostly done with everything and had a great time I want to thank Crawler for the guide, worked pretty well for me.

This is my gear as of right now and I could blast everything with much less, as a beginner (first season I played from the start, 2nd week of Metamorph I started playing PoE) I can confirm this guide/build is really worth a try.

Guess a better Watchers Eye, Red Nightmare, Culling Gloves, more Lv. 21 Gems and more ES + Damage combined on my items are the next upgrades to min/max but if you have advice it would be appreciated.

I'm trying things with cluster jewels but not sure where to get the passive points, removed the +30 Strenght Node and maybe +30 DEX but otherwise its kinda hard. I think they are pretty useful to max out Chaos Resistance while getting great damage out of it.

I still dont get where do you take so much currency to buy all of that :D Great job man!
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Hey,

Nice! Your gear looks very nice!

I would start by changing the watcher's eye.

Get the +50% Multiplier one at least.

You can try killing some uber elders for Watcher's Eye, and sell it Unidentified. Around 10 EX right now, actually more expensive than one with +50% Multiplier Precision (8 EX right now).

Also, you can get an Unnatural Instinct Jewel in the same location as me, to help ES, you can see in the POB.

Then, you want to upgrade your Shield somehow, its hard cause I see you have a lot of stats, but a 300 ES shield will give you a lot of ES so its something to think about.

Culling gloves are ok, but they don't feel that strong.

I suggest you to find a high ES glove, iLVL 85+, without influence, with ONLY 1 prefix and ONLY 1 suffix open.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/249k03DIk

Then:
1 - Craft "Cannot roll Attack Modifiers"
2 - Slam a Hunter Exalt

Now you have % chance to Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit

3 - Bench: Remove crafted mods
4 - Craft whatever suffix you want

This is probably the strongest thing you can do with medium budget.

P.S.: For everyone following this advice, please pay attention to all details to not lose currency.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and GL!
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 25, 2020, 11:41:48 AM
"
kubicka wrote:
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Hey,

I still dont get where do you take so much currency to buy all of that :D Great job man!

It's usually both luck and doing profit stuff and ofc playing A LOT.

Like doing Delve, killing a lot of Sirus, Uber Elder or even trade. It may sound boring for many but it is what it is.

You just need to search 4+ exalts hour on youtube and you will see a lot of methods.

GL!

i don't get the timeless jewel. how can is see what it gives me.

herald of ice 29%
discipline 32%
with enlighten 3
how can u use aspect of the spider?
Last edited by nismo15 on Mar 25, 2020, 6:23:37 PM
Couple nooby questions..

1. Why do we take crit multiplier nodes when Brand does not crit due to Controlled Destruction Support? Is it because of Brand Recall?

2. What does Brand recall exactly do? Is it just a brand summoning skill, similar to Convocation for minions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info