[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

how is this build in hc? is herald of purity actually needed for dps?

thanks
what delve depth did you reach with this build?
"
Volokordin wrote:

No clue what the deepest delve was, I only went to 300 but it is an excellent delving build!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
T16 Summon Holy Helic dies way too much. Whats a good replacement for it guys?

I'm thinking about buying a elder +minion gems/minion damage helmet for HoP and completely replace Holy Helic...

But with what?
"

This build is ideal to farm delve at around depth 400. It gets annoying beyond depth 600 depending on your max hp. Because we don't have corpse destruction, we have to be able to tank all the nasty on death effects.

In principle, you only die from onehits or very fast consecutive big hits. So the depth you can comfortably reach is limited by your maximum hp, provided you got a good ammount of life gain on hit.

This league I tried to optimize my build for DPS and clearspeed and only have 8-9k hp depending on setup. I am at 615 and have no intention to go deeper.

In betrayal with 10.5k hp + 2k ES (with also ES gain on hit) i reached depth 1000+.

Generally, if you want to go to depth 1000, go hoag mana guardian (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2663126) instead. This build has far higher potential in terms of defenses.

"
how is this build in hc? is herald of purity actually needed for dps?

I have never played hc myself, but I think the managuardian or juggernaut versions of hoag are cearly better for that. Compared to those build, life based guardian is somewhat fragile but can have much more dps.

Herald of purity allows you to get a lot of debuffs on enemies and buffs for hoag. In total, my hop setup buffs my hoag dps by 40%. With a helmet for it, it can easily reach 1M dps itself in addition. Even for clear it can be nice (on juiced maps with enough rares only).

"
T16 Summon Holy Helic dies way too much. Whats a good replacement for it guys?

Desecrate - Spirit offering - CWDT setup. Also try to get -9% caos res to nearby enemies on your helmet if possible in addition to the other stuff.

Last edited by KäptnSharky on Jan 9, 2020, 9:45:57 AM
"
Enos wrote:
So I wanted to give your build a try. Love the increase in survival, however, clear speed on maps took a huge hit. Are you running something else outside of haste for maps? Seems like that HoA is slow to respond to me cycloning through stuff .

To everyone complaining about clearspeed with hoag:

- Drop claw/shield for 2x Cold Iron point.

- Get an alternative source of frenzy charges for the crawler like poachers mark.

- Improve your movement speed and minion movement speed.

- Use convocation regularly

And finally: IF you maximized hoag dps as much as you possibly can:

- Use chain + awakened fork instead of pierce and vicious projectiles for clear. It is utterly ridiculous, believe me.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:
"
Enos wrote:
So I wanted to give your build a try. Love the increase in survival, however, clear speed on maps took a huge hit. Are you running something else outside of haste for maps? Seems like that HoA is slow to respond to me cycloning through stuff .

To everyone complaining about clearspeed with hoag:

- Drop claw/shield for 2x Cold Iron point.

- Get an alternative source of frenzy charges for the crawler like poachers mark.

- Improve your movement speed and minion movement speed.

- Use convocation regularly

And finally: IF you maximized hoag dps as much as you possibly can:

- Use chain + awakened fork instead of pierce and vicious projectiles for clear. It is utterly ridiculous, believe me.

Is this the kind of setup you would use primarily for mapping or do you run awakener with that as well?
"
Is this the kind of setup you would use primarily for mapping or do you run awakener with that as well?

For awakener I switch to a belt with more life, switch in a jewel with corrupted blood immunity and switch in vile toxins / awakened vicious projectiles instead of the clear-specific gems.

Using convocation is extremely important for boss fights by the way, to make use of all of the crawlers projectiles.
"
KäptnSharky wrote:

Using convocation is extremely important for boss fights by the way, to make use of all of the crawlers projectiles.

So each projectile deal X damage? If I spawn crawler in front of boss, he will take Y projectiles * X damage? I thought many projectiles is useless and switched enchant from 2 additional projectiles to spirit offering 12 extra chaos damage, should I revert back?

"
KäptnSharky wrote:
Generally, if you want to go to depth 1000, go hoag jugg instead.

hoag jugg - the version with kaom and 2 X cold iron dagger?
Last edited by nikpoe on Jan 9, 2020, 3:53:03 AM
"
hoag jugg - the version with kaom and 2 X cold iron dagger?

I edited my post to recommend hoag mana guardian instead, because someone reached depth 1230 this league already as of now.

The jugg 2x cip hoag jugg build should still be able to go to depth 1000, but I'm sure mana guardian would be easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info