GDPR Updates to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy

"GDPR requires companies to store as little data as possible"

=> "That's why we decided to remove all existing mirrored items from the game, and randomly remove 10% of each user stash. In return, every character is granted an additionnal free skill point."

:D
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on May 25, 2018, 5:19:46 PM
"
TeamCaptain wrote:
Tencent Doesn't have anything to do with this you lemmings. GDPR is a good thing (something we need in the U.S.) My more *dull* friends say "I don't care they collect information on me, I'm not doing anything wrong". I feel like that idiotic statement explains itself but some people are so complacent with their head in the clouds that they dont realize they have the right to protect THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION from strangers.

There is no such thing as privacy nowadays. Can't do anything about it, and that's why they don't care, because they've come to terms with that. Privacy, don't make me laugh, there is no such thing in modern world, unless you belong to elite or are elite hacker.
"
Songweaver wrote:
"
TeamCaptain wrote:
Tencent Doesn't have anything to do with this you lemmings. GDPR is a good thing (something we need in the U.S.) My more *dull* friends say "I don't care they collect information on me, I'm not doing anything wrong". I feel like that idiotic statement explains itself but some people are so complacent with their head in the clouds that they dont realize they have the right to protect THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION from strangers.

There is no such thing as privacy nowadays. Can't do anything about it, and that's why they don't care, because they've come to terms with that. Privacy, don't make me laugh, there is no such thing in modern world, unless you belong to elite or are elite hacker.
Think twice if you belief that there is no privavy! How many picture of yourself exists that shows you naked like in the shower or on the toliet? How often are you filmed during intercourse? How often is recored what you say about other persons? How often such records are forwared to other persons?
There is a reason why internet companies want to make you install microphones and cameras at your home. The same reason is because public agencies ask for more priveleges to interfer with your privacy. Because they don't know everything about you, yet. There is still privacy left and people better realize this before they are fully turned into data lemmings.

Also think twice if you think that you can't do anything about it.
There are so many options every have but most the time people are too lazy to think about the consequences, because that is unpleasent and inconvinent. The only scenario where you can't do anything at all is, if you belief the lie that you can't do anything. You always can do something, if you are willing to deal with the consequences. Only dead people cannot fight, but fear and ignorance make you belief that even living people cannot.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
ggg is very cool
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
Marxone wrote:
I don't think your rules are in compliance with the GDPR. There should be an option to opt out from any personal information use without affecting usage of your services (which could turn out to be impossible - ye, it's a stupid law)

This is not correct. Data that is necessary for the service itself can be collected and stored after agreeing to the ToS. This is one of the cornerstones of GDPR: classifying which data is necessary to collect.

An example for unnecessary data: If GGG would try to make money through advertisement instead of mtx sales, they were not allowed to collect additional data or forward your data to an ad-company without your explicit consent. This consent would be opt-in as the game itself works perfectly without ads. If the user does not agree to this data collection, GGG could still show ads - however without collecting any additional data, so for example by showing a random ad from their database.
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:
I don't think your rules are in compliance with the GDPR. There should be an option to opt out from any personal information use without affecting usage of your services (which could turn out to be impossible - ye, it's a stupid law)

This is not correct. Data that is necessary for the service itself can be collected and stored after agreeing to the ToS. This is one of the cornerstones of GDPR: classifying which data is necessary to collect.

An example for unnecessary data: If GGG would try to make money through advertisement instead of mtx sales, they were not allowed to collect additional data or forward your data to an ad-company without your explicit consent. This consent would be opt-in as the game itself works perfectly without ads. If the user does not agree to this data collection, GGG could still show ads - however without collecting any additional data, so for example by showing a random ad from their database.

yep, the method ggg used wasn't compliant to how gdpr is supposed to be implemented.

you have to prompt players with your terms of service and only if the agree you can collect data for marketing purposes

if they don't agree you're not supposed to lock them out but only store the data neccessary to provide the basic service you do.

but but but .... if i use advertisement to finance my web services i need to sell my users data!!111.

no you don't
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
but but but .... if i use advertisement to finance my web services i need to sell my users data!!111.

no you don't

The other part that amuses me is... GDPR was adopted over two years ago, back in April 2016, I believe. May 25, 2018 simply marked the end for the grace period.

Yet all these sites decided not to actually do anything about it until then? WTF was everyone thinking? That they'd assumed it'd somehow get blocked or repealed and they'd never have to do anything?

Hell, I noticed that some websites have taken to simply outright blocking any visitors from the EU. Or, at least, from EU addresses: a VPN will get you around them, and IIRC, because the sites still act "as before" to anyone not blocked, that makes them in flagrant violation.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on May 27, 2018, 3:44:17 AM
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
vio wrote:

no you don't

The other part that amuses me is... GDPR was adopted over two years ago, back in April 2016, I believe. May 25, 2018 simply marked the end for the grace period.

Yet all these sites decided not to actually do anything about it until then? WTF was everyone thinking? That they'd assumed it'd somehow get blocked or repealed and they'd never have to do anything?

Hell, I noticed that some websites have taken to simply outright blocking any visitors from the EU. Or, at least, from EU addresses: a VPN will get you around them, and IIRC, because the sites still act "as before" to anyone not blocked, that makes them in flagrant violation.

It's quite simple what they were thinking - some companies pay a lot of money on lobbying and they were hoping to discard this law, or to pass some exception which would make it ineffective basically. If i recall correctly, my government passed the bill during March 2018 , so almost 2 years after the bill was created at EU level.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
vio wrote:

no you don't

It's quite simple what they were thinking - some companies pay a lot of money on lobbying and they were hoping to discard this law, or to pass some exception which would make it ineffective basically. If i recall correctly, my government passed the bill during March 2018 , so almost 2 years after the bill was created at EU level.
The EU GDPR is an excellent example that so many companies only care about law if there is an effective fine. It even took a hugh public awareness campanaign over the last months to make companies realizing that this law is going to be real. At least the EU understood how laws should be designed to make companies care about it. The 25.05. is a good day for improving peoples rights. The law maybe only protect Europeans but it made companies all over the world thinking about how to deal with personal information. Customers should think twice if using a companies service locking IP's from Europe. They don't care about privacy and are scared about being fined...
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info