GDPR Updates to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy

I don't think your rules are in compliance with the GDPR. There should be an option to opt out from any personal information use without affecting usage of your services (which could turn out to be impossible - ye, it's a stupid law)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
ok.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
block denial of service attacks

Denying the denial of service attacks... 🤔

What happens if they come up with a way to deny your denial of their denial of service attack?

You put 18 inch rims on it obviously.
Tencent Doesn't have anything to do with this you lemmings. GDPR is a good thing (something we need in the U.S.) My more *dull* friends say "I don't care they collect information on me, I'm not doing anything wrong". I feel like that idiotic statement explains itself but some people are so complacent with their head in the clouds that they dont realize they have the right to protect THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION from strangers.

Every site I enter has this massage. Gets annoying, you have to accept those terms anyway, meh.
"
TeamCaptain wrote:
Tencent Doesn't have anything to do with this you lemmings. GDPR is a good thing (something we need in the U.S.) My more *dull* friends say "I don't care they collect information on me, I'm not doing anything wrong". I feel like that idiotic statement explains itself but some people are so complacent with their head in the clouds that they dont realize they have the right to protect THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION from strangers.

Problem with GDRP is that it's written quite widely. Not sure if that's to ensure flexibility to the information collectors or to better protect rights of citizens. Problem is for example that in my country (Czech Republic) this GDPR bill replaced previously used "harder bill" when it comes to security of personal information.

Implementation of GDPR is up to everyone now, i kinda like implementation done on Daily Mirror , UK news portal. WHen accepting the cookies, you have quite wide possibility to give or deny consent with individual partners and type of data shared with them :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Problem with GDRP is that it's written quite widely. Not sure if that's to ensure flexibility to the information collectors or to better protect rights of citizens. Problem is for example that in my country (Czech Republic) this GDPR bill replaced previously used "harder bill" when it comes to security of personal information.

Implementation of GDPR is up to everyone now, i kinda like implementation done on Daily Mirror , UK news portal. WHen accepting the cookies, you have quite wide possibility to give or deny consent with individual partners and type of data shared with them :)[/quote]

Hey, there from CZ... it it not "widely" it is more like "vague"... and these days it costs me a heaps of time, energy and whatever more. Trying to do a kinda of audit on one of my clients and it hurts... badly... I think like 50% of companies in Europe are quite unprepared for this still...

Z.
Last edited by zZzbynek on May 25, 2018, 11:08:57 AM
"
cgexile wrote:
The age requirement in Europe is pretty funny. How is that even enforced?

If you are 16 or under look away from this website right now (unless mom or dad are standing behind you)!

This is a comon missunderstanding. This rule enforces that childen (<16 Age) are not tricked to agree giving all their personal information without parents consent. Not the parents are watching you, if you are <16, but you consent is not worth anything when mom and dad comes to fight for your rights. Bad luck for companies not taking care about that...
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Marxone wrote:
I don't think your rules are in compliance with the GDPR. There should be an option to opt out from any personal information use without affecting usage of your services (which could turn out to be impossible - ye, it's a stupid law)

Evenmore it enforced that there is only opt in, but it is up to any European to claim that right.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
chadbishop wrote:
"
HitchSlapp wrote:
leave it to Europe to make corporations more accountable, god knows America would never do it

People either whine that America is the world's police or whine that they aren't. Nevermind the tremendous financial burden it will place on corporations or any of it's negative impacts, its European and not American so it's gotta be good. 'Urope!

ikr just what the world needed... more regulation to screw over small/medium business, raise consumer costs, cause some sites to water down content or flat out redirect EU users to avoid liability... and, ultimately, filling my inbox with last minute ToS click-throughs resulting in alarm fatigue and/or exposure to phishing scams... not to mention some online companies having to shut down EU presence entirely citing the burden to comply... just another day in Muriburiland :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info