[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Lagross you are amazing. Thank you so much, I will immediately work on making these cahges and will respond back!
Wanted to bring up some things for discussion.
1. Grace vs Determination
2. % Increased Attributes vs Chayula/Astramentis
3. Righteous Army/Spiritual Aid
4. Guatelizi's prefix on ring from temple

We scale off of Shaper's Touch, it makes strength an amazing stat for us, it always irked me that we don't take advantage of the increased evasion rating per intelligence on it. By trading determination out for grace, I lose 25k armor or so, but gain around 10k evasion, it seems like a good trade to me, thoughts?

At the start of the league Astramentis was out of my price range. I found that shaped amulets could roll % increased attributes and snagged one for cheap, however as it stands now I think increased attribute amulets are the endgame goal of this build. I am currently wearing a three rat talisman that I think is quite good, but a shaped amulet or a greatwolf talisman can roll insane. Any thoughts on % attributes?

I decided I wanted an elder belt with increased attributes rather than a shaper belt with recovery, however I wanted to see if there were any ways to offset the reduced regen I'd incur for my stat chasing. What stood out to me was Righteous Army and Spiritual Aid. I don't have them right now, but this cluster seems like a treasure, it all becomes % damage nodes and 1% regen and opens up some alternate (often cheap) affixes on gear/gems to become valuable to us. Why don't I see them in any builds? I figure they were changed recently, but even on poe ninja I don't see anyone going for them.

Lastly I watched the only 3.6 guide on youtube about llrf and while I favored this guide's build over it, he brought up a ring mod I hadn't seen. Guatelizi's is a prefix from the incursion temple that on rings that adds flat ES and .4% ES regen per second. As I get better gear, I think a better rolled plain ring will outweigh it, but I think 2 Guatelizi rings would be a huge boon for people starting out to help with their regen or for people with excess currency to lock prefixes and try to craft a great ring. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else besides that youtube guide so thought I'd bring it up.

I'm using malevolence instead of determination, so you can probably use whatever you want if you're ok with loosing half your armor. ;)

The righteous army/spiritual is a solid point. A level 100 tree could look something like : http://poeurl.com/cmOK for instance. With my current stuff (13.5k es at 87), it would give me 335k shaper dps with a 6L RF.
Hi guys, i feel i am doing what is required but i need an expert to maybe tell me if i am doing something wrong or to give me some gearing advice.
I don't use flasks as much as i should because i am older and slow lol.
I feel my build is solid but once it starts to take damage there is no regen or leech to save me.
Any way to improve survivability would be greatly appreciated.
Obviously helm enchant would help but seriously after about 200 runs it is not happening but that would not solve my survive problems.
Thanks.
"

We scale off of Shaper's Touch, it makes strength an amazing stat for us, it always irked me that we don't take advantage of the increased evasion rating per intelligence on it. By trading determination out for grace, I lose 25k armor or so, but gain around 10k evasion, it seems like a good trade to me, thoughts?

At the start of the league Astramentis was out of my price range. I found that shaped amulets could roll % increased attributes and snagged one for cheap, however as it stands now I think increased attribute amulets are the endgame goal of this build. I am currently wearing a three rat talisman that I think is quite good, but a shaped amulet or a greatwolf talisman can roll insane. Any thoughts on % attributes?

I decided I wanted an elder belt with increased attributes rather than a shaper belt with recovery, however I wanted to see if there were any ways to offset the reduced regen I'd incur for my stat chasing. What stood out to me was Righteous Army and Spiritual Aid. I don't have them right now, but this cluster seems like a treasure, it all becomes % damage nodes and 1% regen and opens up some alternate (often cheap) affixes on gear/gems to become valuable to us. Why don't I see them in any builds? I figure they were changed recently, but even on poe ninja I don't see anyone going for them.

Lastly I watched the only 3.6 guide on youtube about llrf and while I favored this guide's build over it, he brought up a ring mod I hadn't seen. Guatelizi's is a prefix from the incursion temple that on rings that adds flat ES and .4% ES regen per second. As I get better gear, I think a better rolled plain ring will outweigh it, but I think 2 Guatelizi rings would be a huge boon for people starting out to help with their regen or for people with excess currency to lock prefixes and try to craft a great ring. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else besides that youtube guide so thought I'd bring it up.

1. The buffs provided by Grace are mostly unconsistant in fight.
There is only 2 switchs possible for Determination if you don't feel the need of geting more armor :
- Vaal Haste, if you have enought dps, and want to make te character a more clear speed version (good for maping) ;
- Malevolence, if you want more dps (if you already feel confortable with your tankiness).

2. The situation is quite simple :
- starter/budget tier = Astramantis. It's a realy ballanced and afordable amu ;
- Mid tier/chaos res needed : Presence of Chayula. Provide a good ES boost (a bit better than Astra), and a solide Chaos res. Anti stun is good but it's not as needed as for other classe, thanks to our ascendency.
- Top tier : Talisman with %inc attribute. No discution here. And on top of this, Eyes of the Greatwolf is totaly unbeatable. Top combinaison would be : %inc attribute / %Life regen or %Global defence. %inc mana will be excellent for build that focus on mana. The only problem here is the rarity and price of those stupide things. But if you can get one for yourself, you won't come back to Chayula or anything else.

3. The problem here is that we don't have so much free skill points. And to get thems it will cost you 5 skill points for 69% inc dmg, and 1% life regen. The only area where we could consider to respect in order to get those nodes are the node that leads to Warrior's Blood. It's hard to anwser you because it's totaly depend on your level of stuff. I don't doubt that an extremly well geared can drop Warrior's Blood. But it's more or less a question of taste here. A well geared RF will drop %armor nodes for the str nodes that leads to Warrior's Blood. So droping all of this means, losing a lot of defensive stats (ES and regen). I don't know if this worth it. On top of this, +69% dmg & 1% life regen should be almost equal to a top tier jewel fossil crafted. And in the tree mostly chosen, an extra jewel should only cost 3 skill points. So personnaly I still sceptical about this solution.

4. Incursion affixe are absolutly gorgeous on the paper. But considering the chance ratio of founding one with correct stats is like droping a mirror.
This solution isn't consistent enought in my eye to build any kind of strategy in terme of gearing.
If you found one with excellent stats, go for it (vaal it if the base is awfull), but I would not expect to see one with ok stats even on trading.
Hi!I want to respec to this build from 90 lvl summoner guardian. Can you suggest the necessary minimum to start playing this build?

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi guys, i feel i am doing what is required but i need an expert to maybe tell me if i am doing something wrong or to give me some gearing advice.
I feel my build is solid but once it starts to take damage there is no regen or leech to save me.
Obviously helm enchant would help but seriously after about 200 runs it is not happening but that would not solve my survive problems.
Thanks.

If your character is Donone on Standard you are doing great.
Things you could change right now for a boost would be to drop the ES node above Arcane Focus and the life (now mana) node below Cruel Preparation. These should go into speccing to Elemental Overload for the 40% damage boost, you already have stormbrand linked to increased criticals to proc it. You can also replace your Cataclysm Stone and Brood Joy Jewels with Healthy Mind Jewels for an ES bump and just move jewels around because I think those jewels are some of your better. Since you have extra reduced mana reservation passives you could also drop your enlighten to level 3 for an ES bump because it would reserve more of your mana. Lastly you could also swap Discipline and Purity of Lightning for more ES.

If you wanted to drop A LOT of regen but have more ES, you could spec out of Leadership and Influence and the int nodes that get you there and take the 30 STR and INT nodes, along with the ES nodes below Deep Wisdom. You could also swap your shaper belt with recovery for an elder belt with %increased attributes and your ES boots for armor/ES boots with a good STR and INT roll. This would boost your ES a bunch but tank your regen, so idk if you'd like that. Overall you should be tanky AF so idk what exactly you are dying to.
"
vladsaks wrote:
Hi!I want to respec to this build from 90 lvl summoner guardian. Can you suggest the necessary minimum to start playing this build?

IMO minimum requirements would be a solaris lorica, shaper's touch, doon cuebiyari, memory vault and prism guardian for uniques. other items should have STR/INT and resists u need. Plug yourself into Path of Building with some item changes and some auras and see if u degen or not. If you can't get a good enlighten u can drop determination to run the other 6 auras in the mean time.

I feel like it doesn't need much to start, and good gear is surprisingly cheap if u know what to look for, its mostly the Shavs, the 6 linking and the enlighten that can run up the cost.
"
"

1. The buffs provided by Grace are mostly unconsistant in fight.
There is only 2 switchs possible for Determination if you don't feel the need of geting more armor :
- Vaal Haste, if you have enought dps, and want to make te character a more clear speed version (good for maping) ;
- Malevolence, if you want more dps (if you already feel confortable with your tankiness).

2. The situation is quite simple :
- starter/budget tier = Astramantis. It's a realy ballanced and afordable amu ;
- Mid tier/chaos res needed : Presence of Chayula. Provide a good ES boost (a bit better than Astra), and a solide Chaos res. Anti stun is good but it's not as needed as for other classe, thanks to our ascendency.
- Top tier : Talisman with %inc attribute. No discution here. And on top of this, Eyes of the Greatwolf is totaly unbeatable. Top combinaison would be : %inc attribute / %Life regen or %Global defence. %inc mana will be excellent for build that focus on mana. The only problem here is the rarity and price of those stupide things. But if you can get one for yourself, you won't come back to Chayula or anything else.

3. The problem here is that we don't have so much free skill points. And to get thems it will cost you 5 skill points for 69% inc dmg, and 1% life regen. The only area where we could consider to respect in order to get those nodes are the node that leads to Warrior's Blood. It's hard to anwser you because it's totaly depend on your level of stuff. I don't doubt that an extremly well geared can drop Warrior's Blood. But it's more or less a question of taste here. A well geared RF will drop %armor nodes for the str nodes that leads to Warrior's Blood. So droping all of this means, losing a lot of defensive stats (ES and regen). I don't know if this worth it. On top of this, +69% dmg & 1% life regen should be almost equal to a top tier jewel fossil crafted. And in the tree mostly chosen, an extra jewel should only cost 3 skill points. So personnaly I still sceptical about this solution.

4. Incursion affixe are absolutly gorgeous on the paper. But considering the chance ratio of founding one with correct stats is like droping a mirror.
This solution isn't consistent enought in my eye to build any kind of strategy in terme of gearing.
If you found one with excellent stats, go for it (vaal it if the base is awfull), but I would not expect to see one with ok stats even on trading.

In response to this I would like to add that I managed to craft a synthesis ring with 1% life regeneration as implicit.
This is absolutely amazing, better than the Incursion affix and you are not locked in to the Incursion roll but can roll your ring as you normally would afterwards.
The opportunity cost is the elemental damage implicit you would normally get from an Opal ring, but I feel the regen is more than worth it,
"
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thanks.

If your character is Donone on Standard you are doing great.
Things you could change right now for a boost would be to drop the ES node above Arcane Focus and the life (now mana) node below Cruel Preparation. These should go into speccing to Elemental Overload for the 40% damage boost, you already have stormbrand linked to increased criticals to proc it. You can also replace your Cataclysm Stone and Brood Joy Jewels with Healthy Mind Jewels for an ES bump and just move jewels around because I think those jewels are some of your better. Since you have extra reduced mana reservation passives you could also drop your enlighten to level 3 for an ES bump because it would reserve more of your mana. Lastly you could also swap Discipline and Purity of Lightning for more ES.

If you wanted to drop A LOT of regen but have more ES, you could spec out of Leadership and Influence and the int nodes that get you there and take the 30 STR and INT nodes, along with the ES nodes below Deep Wisdom. You could also swap your shaper belt with recovery for an elder belt with %increased attributes and your ES boots for armor/ES boots with a good STR and INT roll. This would boost your ES a bunch but tank your regen, so idk if you'd like that. Overall you should be tanky AF so idk what exactly you are dying to.

Thanks a lot to TheLostTraveler, very concise and useful info which i have followed to a degree.
What was killing me is incursions, rifts and abyss. Mainly where i was confronted with large numbers of mobs and could not kill them quickly enough to survive. As i mentioned i am 65 so my game play is probably more of a fault than the build. Will play around with the second part of your recommendations after i try out the first part. Thanks again - really appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info