[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

So far i've been enjoying the build but i don't know how to improve my items, if anyone could give me a tip.
"
Farabor wrote:
Question on balancing more curses vs more wither: I spam totems to begin with to get my curses up to about 4-5 before switching over to wither currently. Do you think that's a good idea, or should I go for less or more curses before switching over?
Depends on what you're using it for. If it's a boss where you can prepare (Shaper), spam as many totems as you can before the fight begins.
If you can't prepare, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Just make sure you always have 3 totems on the enemy before using Wither.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:
What are your thoughts on any of the watcher jewels for clarity. Specifically the one that grants damage taken from mana before life. How does that stack with MOM? Is it multiplicitive or additive and do you think it would be worth it?
The jewel is op af on most builds, but here it's situational.

(6-10)% of Damage taken from Mana before Life while affected by Clarity
This stacks additively with MoM, meaning you can take 40% of Damage from mana. This is pretty nice if you can get enough mana (which we can).
I'd say it's worth if you feel your health usually runs out before your mana does. (The life/mana ratio would be 6:4 here; or: mana at 66% of your life)

Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity
This should be 500+ ES on a jewel, which is really insane. We don't have a way to recover ES outside of recharge, so I personally don't value it that much. But still, I can't really say it's bad at all.

(10-15)% chance to Recover 10% of Maximum Mana when you use a Skill while affected by Clarity
This one's meh. You're getting 1.5% of your mana on average. We already have a lot of regen.

-(10-5) to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity
Can be good in some builds, but not this one. In fact it's counterproductive because it'll reduce the mana cost of your Wither, which in turn makes your Arcane Surge weaker.

"
Gultahin wrote:
So far i've been enjoying the build but i don't know how to improve my items, if anyone could give me a tip.
Read the FAQ. The first things I'd recommend are gem quality, enchanted boots and a better weapon (because you don't have to change the rest of your gear like that).
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 25, 2017, 11:04:00 AM
Yeah I was really only interested in the damage to mana before life one. So let's say I have 5000 life, that would mean I'd need 3300 unreserved mana or did I totally mess up the math?
"
Yeah I was really only interested in the damage to mana before life one. So let's say I have 5000 life, that would mean I'd need 3300 unreserved mana or did I totally mess up the math?

5000*40/100 = 2000
"
bigbunny123 wrote:
"

5000*40/100 = 2000
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter

3300. He's correct :p.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
bigbunny123 wrote:
"

5000*40/100 = 2000
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter

3300. He's correct :p.

Thanks for confirming. I'm at 1800 or so right now unreseved so it would take alot to make it work.
First off, thank you for your wonderful responses...it's definitely helping me understand the mechanics of the game.

Speaking of mechanics, do kills by the totems count as our kills? In other words, which will proc: "After killing" or "If you haven't killed recently", as I still am at the point where I am using jewels I find rather than perfect ones.

Also, what do you think of Geofri's crest as a holder for the wither/resists? No life, but...
what dps would you suggest before i try doing the t16 maps? i tried hydra and couldn't even scratch him but im still on a 5l
I killed the Phoenix but died 15 times, learned the hard way that monster mods actually apply to bosses.
"
Farabor wrote:
First off, thank you for your wonderful responses...it's definitely helping me understand the mechanics of the game.

Speaking of mechanics, do kills by the totems count as our kills? In other words, which will proc: "After killing" or "If you haven't killed recently", as I still am at the point where I am using jewels I find rather than perfect ones.

Also, what do you think of Geofri's crest as a holder for the wither/resists? No life, but...

No they don't count since the totem does the kill from my understanding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info