[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
rozakk wrote:
using conc affect and inc aoe effect together gives a higher tool tip dps than controlled destruction - should i use them instead of controlled destruction in a 5l? i dont have a 6l yet for the crit strikes gem.
If you can live with the smaller AoE, then sure. I'd prefer controlled destruction personally.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Spoiler

Any feedback u can give?
Aiming for 20/21 DP, just need to level them up. Also looking for an enchantment.
My profile is open :) Thanks for the awesome build. Blind killed Elder guards & Elder without deaths. Easy atziri & izaro farmer.
Hi there,
I'm stuck at Act 3.

"

Choose Flameblast as reward for "Sever the Right Hand" and replace the Firestorm in your totem with it. Add a Faster Casting to it and your Firestorm (Yeena in Act 2 sells this).
Firestorm - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - Faster Casting
Spell Totem - Flameblast - Elemental Focus - Faster Casting

How am I supposed to have 4 linked gems if Axiom Perpetuum only comes with 3 sockets?
"
buryo wrote:
Spoiler

Any feedback u can give?
Aiming for 20/21 DP, just need to level them up. Also looking for an enchantment.
My profile is open :) Thanks for the awesome build. Blind killed Elder guards & Elder without deaths. Easy atziri & izaro farmer.
Looks pretty nice, no particular weak spots on the gear. Basically just get more expensive stuff or try out some uniques if you want.

"
StepT wrote:
How am I supposed to have 4 linked gems if Axiom Perpetuum only comes with 3 sockets?
You can get a 4-link on other items (chest/gloves/helmet/boots), but a 3-link is also fine (edited for clarity).
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Dec 20, 2017, 6:12:14 PM
So, newbie here, first time trying a guide character rather than fudging one on my own. Just made the conversion into Dark Pact in Act 6, and loving it.

One confusion: Why concentrated effect? It seems like a lot of the passive tree is for +crit...is it just the +damage is worth the -100% crit?

rate my stuff, level 85, capped resists, 4817 hp, 11,393dps(no buff)

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
You can get a 4-link on other items (chest/gloves/helmet/boots), but a 3-link is also fine (edited for clarity).

Thanks for the edit :)

If you don't mind, I'm adding more noob-ish questions, because I really like your build and this is the first time I play POE.

1) Can you suggest some 4-link pieces to add Faster Casting gem since I can't use Axiom Perpetuum anymore?

2) In the important items you mentioned Clarity, where am I supposed to place it?

3) You levelling guide stops at Act 5, does this mean that we're not going to change our setup after that?

4) Is your Gem Links chapter the final gem setup that we're aiming for after Act 5?

Thanks, and sorry if my questions sound stupid :)
HI
3.1 has some new gems
How about storm barrier?
Is it more efficient if I linked with wither?
We can use it to get power charge and also more tanky.
The link will be
Wither+Storm barrier+Arcane+Fast casting
"
Farabor wrote:
So, newbie here, first time trying a guide character rather than fudging one on my own. Just made the conversion into Dark Pact in Act 6, and loving it.

One confusion: Why concentrated effect? It seems like a lot of the passive tree is for +crit...is it just the +damage is worth the -100% crit?
I'm assuming you mean controlled destruction. Yes, it's worth it. Added to the FAQ.

"
bigbunny123 wrote:
rate my stuff, level 85, capped resists, 4817 hp, 11,393dps(no buff)
Looks decent for a start, but not great. Basically what I used as budget gear in PoB.
There's a lot you can work on, check the FAQ.

"
Sunny_Feather wrote:
HI
3.1 has some new gems
How about storm barrier?
Is it more efficient if I linked with wither?
We can use it to get power charge and also more tanky.
The link will be
Wither+Storm barrier+Arcane+Fast casting

I discussed it in the update log. IMO faster casting is still better, but it's a very good option.
4-link should be:
Wither - Increased Duration - Storm Barrier - Arcane Surge
Duration is better than faster casting because you'll have more Wither stacks and Arcane Surge lasts longer.

"
StepT wrote:
1) Can you suggest some 4-link pieces to add Faster Casting gem since I can't use Axiom Perpetuum anymore?

2) In the important items you mentioned Clarity, where am I supposed to place it?

3) You levelling guide stops at Act 5, does this mean that we're not going to change our setup after that?

4) Is your Gem Links chapter the final gem setup that we're aiming for after Act 5?
1) Well since you're probably using a Hidden Potential, I'd just see if you can loot a 4-link and use an Orb of Transmutation on it to make it magic.
The stats on your gear aren't that important right now because it'll get replaced later, and linking something with Fusings/Jewellers is pretty expensive if you're just starting out.

2) Clarity can be wherever you have a free socket. In this build the only place where you must put a gem is Dark Pact in the body armour, the rest is up to you.

3) You transition into the main build at act 5/6, depending on your level.
At this point you follow the actual guide and get the gear/gems listed there.

4) Correct. As a starting point you should at least have the first 3 gem setups.
Builds and Guides:
Thank you so much for this guide, im new to the game and this build help me farm uber labs with ease.

EDIT:
Im only using a 5l setup
Last edited by iQuace on Dec 22, 2017, 12:26:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info